+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How many posters on this forum do you know in real life?

Re: How many posters on this forum do you know in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, although i had to reign him in a bit. He had this crazy mind where he'd go from one subject to another in seconds, then he'd get pissed off when you didn't know what the **** he was talking about
    My dad was very much the same if he had something to say he would,he would tell people to their face what he thought of them.
    Funnily it made him more friends than enemies because they knew he would not talk behind their backs.I miss him lots.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    My dad was very much the same if he had something to say he would,he would tell people to their face what he thought of them.
    Funnily it made him more friends than enemies because they knew he would not talk behind their backs.I miss him lots.
    My old man was a committed anti racist and hated the lack of support for people less fortunate than him , when he retired most of his mates fecked offvto the golf course but he volunteered his time working for citizens advice on legal matters and representing people at DWP benefits appeals , employment tribunals

He was a mouthy git but he was a good man , like you I miss my old man a lot , he used to describe himself as a liberal anarchist

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    My old man would confront people, usually neo nazi skinheads in groups How the **** he didn't get his head kicked in was beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous Angel View Post
    I saw TBG on TV once. I think he was doing a one-handed Ayatollah. I think I know one other. Used to know quite a few, but they don't post any more. I don't post much either.
    I won't ask as to what I was doing with the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    My old man was a committed anti racist and hated the lack of support for people less fortunate than him , when he retired most of his mates fecked offvto the golf course but he volunteered his time working for citizens advice on legal matters and representing people at DWP benefits appeals , employment tribunals

He was a mouthy git but he was a good man , like you I miss my old man a lot , he used to describe himself as a liberal anarchist
    Sounds like he was a good man, Sludge. I appreciate you mentioning my old man, it's nice to hear other peoples memories

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I won't ask as to what I was doing with the other hand....
    A one handed Ayatollah....flash git.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Sounds like he was a good man, Sludge. I appreciate you mentioning my old man, it's nice to hear other peoples memories
    Well I am sure most of us looked up to our dads

For those who had ***** as fathers , that's a shame

It's funny I have two sisters who are not political at all , unlike my old man

Not a lot going on upstairs

I have met quite a few. A number of people introduce themselves now and again.

I get my cars fixed at Jimmy's, live over the road from another poster and have met lots of others via meet ups, 1927 club outings, mailing list meet ups and Trust meetings.

I'm going to post a few pics in separate posts below from two meet ups we had in 2005 and 2006

I did but they declined
    What, they refused both the stew AND the cheese???

Lansdowne Pub. 9th December 2006. Before Cardiff drew 2 - 2 with Ipswich at Ninian Park.

MB_6.jpg

Lansdowne Pub. 9th December 2006. Before Cardiff drew 2 - 2 with Ipswich at Ninian Park.

MB_5.jpg

MB_4.jpg

MB_3.jpg

MB_2.jpg

MB_1.jpg

Lansdowne Pub. 17th December 2005. Before Cardiff drew 0 - 0 with Derby at Ninian Park.

mbmeetup_1.jpg

Lansdowne Pub. 17th December 2005. Before Cardiff drew 0 - 0 with Derby at Ninian Park.

mbmeetup_2.jpg

mbmeetup_4.jpg

Moggis has met me but refuses to talk to me
    Somebody say something

Mike the 0-0 Derby photo's not loading for me. Just saying attachment 3699 etc. The previous Ipswich ones are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Mike the 0-0 Derby photo's not loading for me. Just saying attachment 3699 etc. The previous Ipswich ones are fine.
    i just refreshed

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    i just refreshed
    All good now

i just refreshed
    I hope you used a clean flannel.

MB_2.jpg
    What's going on here Sludge?

Copyright