+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: CCMB posters who have disappeared from this board.

Re: CCMB posters who have disappeared from this board.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It’s like social media meets CB radio with the anonymous usernames.
    I like that! CB radio, i was a little f ucker when i was a kid, harrassing people by butting into their conversations 'One Four, for a copy'

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I like that! CB radio, i was a little f ucker when i was a kid, harrassing people by butting into their conversations 'One Four, for a copy'
    Little f ucker. Interesting handle!

Would you class this MB as social media?
    Kind of, if you take a break from the world of online stuff like Facebook, insta etc then maybe just go the whole way.....I don’t really bother with any of them so this is about the extent of my social ness online media.....works for me

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Little f ucker. Interesting handle!
    If you really want to know, it was 'Super sid' god knows why. I just remember sitting in my cousins ford Fiesta, pissing people off.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Kind of, if you take a break from the world of online stuff like Facebook, insta etc then maybe just go the whole way.....I don’t really bother with any of them so this is about the extent of my social ness online media.....works for me
    This is the extent of my Internet identity. Never been tempted by Facebook etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gillsam View Post
    I’m still here, never typed so quick in my life on match days. We had a couple of hundred one match, remember the chanting to get a result!!!

This is the extent of my Internet identity. Never been tempted by Facebook etc.
    Facebook can be tough at times listening to other people’s nonsense, after 20 years of posting on here maybe I’m immune to it
    I hardly ever post anything on it, a few pics of the kids for relatives who live afar. Culling about 250 people about 5 years ago was a clincher, didn’t really know them or want to either....keep it tight.

I’m still here, never typed so quick in my life on match days. We had a couple of hundred one match, remember the chanting to get a result!!!
    Good to see you are still around Gill. I was abroad in them days in asia and it was a great way of tuning into city games. Very grateful for your efforts at the time.
    Spedger

Part of the history Gill. You delivered a service that wasn't available anywhere else. Online chatroom commentary of live games for free over 20 years ago.

Feedback was faf wasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Part of the history Gill. You delivered a service that wasn't available anywhere else. Online chatroom commentary of live games for free over 20 years ago.
    great times must have been around 1999/2000 if my memory serves me ?

had a dial up connection via my phone socket then

Tinnboy Blue

think tinnboy is sunning himself out in the islands of spain these days !

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    think tinnboy is sunning himself out in the islands of spain these days !
    Running some Euro news nonsense.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Running some Euro news nonsense.....
    Nonsense being an understatement

I loved doing it Mike, couldn’t go to the matches because of illness, I am glad it helped so many follow the matches.

I loved doing it Mike, couldn’t go to the matches because of illness, I am glad it helped so many follow the matches.
    Top man 👍

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Nonsense being an understatement
    kin right....absolute guff

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

I've been around since the Pipex server days, the website address was longer than the Mississippi. The old (pre footy mad) board was like the wild west. Hillarious reading especially when the boozy shackles came off on the weekend. Gill's commentary on weekends broke new ground and provided a wonderful service. I also seem to recall Bon Jovi providing some kind of the same service later on. Only met a few on here mainly in the pre game get together at the Lansdowne quite a few years ago. Generally happy to keep it underground in the sewers of Vienna.

Who's the guy that posted on here that had greyhounds with a trainer at Swindon dog track.
    I'm sure he lived in Lisvane?

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Who's the guy that posted on here that had greyhounds with a trainer at Swindon dog track.
    I'm sure he lived in Lisvane?
    Wasn’t that Mick the Miller? Was a train driver. The original Croesy used to lose his mind with him

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Wasn’t that Mick the Miller? Was a train driver. The original Croesy used to lose his mind with him
    Yes, that's right. He was a decent left wing poster.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    That's the guy yes.
    Does he still post on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Great thread. Remember so many of those posters. In the very early days we had a chatroom when games were on. Gill or Jill Sarnie or something like that would start it off.
    Other posters i remember were Jamsarnie, victor, caliburn to name a few. There was also a poster that had his name followed by 'and little Natalie'. And not fogetting the lad with the tattoo - stilton i think. It must be 20 years plus this board has been running.
    Spedger
    So weird that we used to follow games like that. Thanks so much to Gill, who I actually ended up meeting thanks to that chatroom. I met another member of this board that came to my apartment to follow a game on chat that I'm friends with to this day.