+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: CCMB posters who have disappeared from this board.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: CCMB posters who have disappeared from this board.

Baker?

Quote Originally Posted by SBF1 View Post
    Baker?
    F*ck off Baker, I think you mean

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    F*ck off Baker, I think you mean
    Give him a break. He has voted 4 times Harris In, 6 times out and once shake it all about!

Quote Originally Posted by SBF1 View Post
    Baker?
    I had to phone a rep not too long ago about some underfloor heating spec, the blokes name was gareth baker, couldn't resist asking if he was the Baker that posted on ccmb, was him too, didnt seem to keen on talking about his days on the board thou. Looks like he got all mature and grown up on us. Good lad thou, good luck to him.

What’s happened to Dembe?

I checked last night to see if banned but doesn’t appear to be and hasn’t posted for a few weeks.

Not like him. Hope he’s ok.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    What’s happened to Dembe?

I checked last night to see if banned but doesn’t appear to be and hasn’t posted for a few weeks.

Not like him. Hope he’s ok.
    Yeah, maybe he’s having a break from social media? Everyone needs to now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yeah, maybe he’s having a break from social media? Everyone needs to now and then.
    Would you class this MB as social media?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yes

Yes
    I thought that it was a bit to old school and anonymous to be called Social Media, suppose it is social though, and a form of media,

Kind of, if you take a break from the world of online stuff like Facebook, insta etc then maybe just go the whole way.....I don’t really bother with any of them so this is about the extent of my social ness online media.....works for me

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Kind of, if you take a break from the world of online stuff like Facebook, insta etc then maybe just go the whole way.....I don’t really bother with any of them so this is about the extent of my social ness online media.....works for me
    This is the extent of my Internet identity. Never been tempted by Facebook etc.

Great thread. Remember so many of those posters. In the very early days we had a chatroom when games were on. Gill or Jill Sarnie or something like that would start it off.
    Other posters i remember were Jamsarnie, victor, caliburn to name a few. There was also a poster that had his name followed by 'and little Natalie'. And not fogetting the lad with the tattoo - stilton i think. It must be 20 years plus this board has been running.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Great thread. Remember so many of those posters. In the very early days we had a chatroom when games were on. Gill or Jill Sarnie or something like that would start it off.
    Other posters i remember were Jamsarnie, victor, caliburn to name a few. There was also a poster that had his name followed by 'and little Natalie'. And not fogetting the lad with the tattoo - stilton i think. It must be 20 years plus this board has been running.
    Spedger
    It was Tosh and Little Natalie - dunno where Victor is now, but he was the board's best wind up merchant in my book. Sadly, Caliburn passed away a few years ago in his early eighties I believe it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger
    So weird that we used to follow games like that. Thanks so much to Gill, who I actually ended up meeting thanks to that chatroom. I met another member of this board that came to my apartment to follow a game on chat that I'm friends with to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    So weird that we used to follow games like that. Thanks so much to Gill, who I actually ended up meeting thanks to that chatroom. I met another member of this board that came to my apartment to follow a game on chat that I'm friends with to this day.
    Yes, I met Jones the Job, Major Blue and Chef74 - and a few other friends of theirs, including Penarth Kev, through this board. Have to say that it massively enhanced my enjoyment of watching City having their company for games. (....even Jonesy )

I thought that it was a bit to old school and anonymous to be called Social Media, suppose it is social though, and a form of media,
    That’s my take on it. It’s not modern By any stretch but it’s certainly a form of social media.

It’s like social media meets CB radio with the anonymous usernames.

It’s like social media meets CB radio with the anonymous usernames.
    I like that! CB radio, i was a little f ucker when i was a kid, harrassing people by butting into their conversations 'One Four, for a copy'

I like that! CB radio, i was a little f ucker when i was a kid, harrassing people by butting into their conversations 'One Four, for a copy'
    Little f ucker. Interesting handle!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Little f ucker. Interesting handle!
    If you really want to know, it was 'Super sid' god knows why. I just remember sitting in my cousins ford Fiesta, pissing people off.

I used to work on the fair over the Island when I was teenager and I remember a bunch of CBers showed up one Friday night. They were all wearing sleeveless puffer jackets. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I used to work on the fair over the Island when I was teenager and I remember a bunch of CBers showed up one Friday night. They were all wearing sleeveless puffer jackets. Weird.
    Some odd people on that network. I was just a kid pissing about, they took it really seriously with their slang and massive aerials . I bet that there were some wrong 'uns on there.

Feedback was faf wasn't he?

Tinnboy Blue