+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: CCMB posters who have disappeared from this board.

Re: CCMB posters who have disappeared from this board.

P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That person who claimed to be a pilot but wasn't, and claimed to know everything about the sala Tragedy. It's funny how when there's an extra ordinary event we get experts popping up. Got to be thankful i suppose...
    He was, perhaps, the strangest. Others mentioned here have come and gone and when they were here they joined in and commented on various threads and subjects but this, was it flyer69 or something? bloke practically took over the board during his short tenure and dominated every Sala thread, nothing else just the Sala threads. Got more and more outrageous as time went on, challenging people left, right and centre and then, all of a sudden whoosh! gone. So weird, such a domineering, know all must be lurking somewhere online, surely, he couldn’t just switch off??

Borley would get pissed and talk about giving up his kids inheritance to save the club.

The incoherent rants were quite entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    P

He was, perhaps, the strangest. Others mentioned here have come and gone and when they were here they joined in and commented on various threads and subjects but this, was it flyer69 or something? bloke practically took over the board during his short tenure and dominated every Sala thread, nothing else just the Sala threads. Got more and more outrageous as time went on, challenging people left, right and centre and then, all of a sudden whoosh! gone. So weird, such a domineering, know all must be lurking somewhere online, surely, he couldn’t just switch off??
    I think that he was banned when it became clear that he was full of shit.

The incoherent rants were quite entertaining.
    Agree, Friday and saturday nights on here were special, people pissed up and kicking off, threats of violence, personal abuse etc. Coming home back then after a few beers was classic.

P

Ronnie Bird syndrome perhaps. I suspect that some of these characters are existing posters who choose an additional guise or two to supplement their existing overbearing personas.

I think that he was banned when it became clear that he was full of shit.
    Or a recognised multi.

Agree, Friday and saturday nights on here were special, people pissed up and kicking off, threats of violence, personal abuse etc. Coming home back then after a few beers was classic.
    Ah. The old Friday Night Crew, now that’s some years ago. I used to love coming home after skittles up the Shed (or before that The Grosvenor) on a Friday night getting on the old desk top computer for an hour or two half pissed

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    That whole thing was so unnecessary. What Mike provides here is a community as well as a community service. The other 2 boards seem to have some overt commercial element involved in them which is a shame. There are so few people on the Colonels board - it just feels like it could be done via WhatsApp.

What I do think is that the whole community is poorer as a result of the fragmentation

I have no idea on who’s left or changed usernames but names that jump to mind who aren’t posting are...

Calon Lan (wasn’t he the Guy who was going to fight Croesy in Beddau)... Croesy himself, Packerman and Ian Gibson
    Cant believe i forgot Ian Gibson. !
    Very knowledgeable about the City, and very witty, especially his top tips from Viz 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Or a recognised multi.
    Quite likely. Some posters are very good at spotting Multi's, i'm always the last to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Ronnie Bird syndrome perhaps. I suspect that some of these characters are existing posters who choose an additional guise or two to supplement their existing overbearing personas.
    It always amazes me why people would do that. What kind of satisfaction must it bring them?

We've missed out a former legend - the Lord Caliburn. Very interesting guy and warm and friendly person. RIP Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He's still here. Posts fairly regularly but under a different name.

I haven't spotted him but I can rarely tell when someone is posting under a different name

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I haven't spotted him but I can rarely tell when someone is posting under a different name
    Same, i haven't got a clue, would love to know other posters suspicions Heathblue is still here, although i'm going to let you work it out!

Quite likely. Some posters are very good at spotting Multi's, i'm always the last to know.

Same here

Claude Blue.

Same, i haven't got a clue, would love to know other posters suspicions Heathblue is still here, although i'm going to let you work it out!
    I've always thought he was probably still posting because he had been here for years.

Don't know why heck changed his name though.

There was a poster called Tremorfa Product who posted some great stuff.

I've always thought he was probably still posting because he had been here for years.

Don't know why heck changed his name though.
    Cos some 2hat pinched it when the board was re-done I've been meaning to ask Mike if he can change my name back to something similar, regiistrations i think are disabled so cannot get a multi

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Cos some 2hat pinched it when the board was re-done I've been meaning to ask Mike if he can change my name back to something similar, regiistrations i think are disabled so cannot get a multi
    I thought you were still around. Don't know why people steal names

Didn't the same happen to the original Croesy.

Either that or his politics changed radically.

Or I am dreaming!

I thought you were still around. Don't know why people steal names

Didn't the same happen to the original Croesy.

Either that or his politics changed radically.

Or I am dreaming!

Cannot steal a fictional name

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We've missed out a former legend - the Lord Caliburn. Very interesting guy and warm and friendly person. RIP Clive.
    Penarth Kev , another sadly not with us.
    His “deep in the bowels of Ninian Park” were hilarious, and sometime a bit too close to the truth!

Ironically can’t recall his name... worked in the supporters club for years, was a steward on away coaches. Sadly passed away a year or two back... couldn’t have been older than mid 40s.

He was a good contributor, and I particularly remember his anger following the rebrand debacle.

And whatever happened to big gwyn. A self appointed ‘fans face’ through the Sam Hammam era and up until the rebrand.

Then he just seemed to disappear off the face of the earth...

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    If he is, he's keeping a low profile for very good reason.
    You'd know if he was here. I wish he was. There'd be some 10 pagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Cannot steal a fictional name
    True,but I would have been miffed if someone had stolen my name as I have had it since I joined years ago (around 2002,2003 I think)

Funnily enough I think I tried Llanishen Blue at first but it had gone.

AsI lived in St Ina Road for the first 25 years of my life I then though of Heath Blue or Stina Blue but changed my mind when I happened to catch the Blues Brothers on tv!