+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: CCMB posters who have disappeared from this board.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: CCMB posters who have disappeared from this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Ronnie Bird syndrome perhaps. I suspect that some of these characters are existing posters who choose an additional guise or two to supplement their existing overbearing personas.
    It always amazes me why people would do that. What kind of satisfaction must it bring them?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    P

He was, perhaps, the strangest. Others mentioned here have come and gone and when they were here they joined in and commented on various threads and subjects but this, was it flyer69 or something? bloke practically took over the board during his short tenure and dominated every Sala thread, nothing else just the Sala threads. Got more and more outrageous as time went on, challenging people left, right and centre and then, all of a sudden whoosh! gone. So weird, such a domineering, know all must be lurking somewhere online, surely, he couldn’t just switch off??
    i banned him. he was getting out of control and i suspected was a wind up merchant as his claims were getting more inappropriate, and it reminded me of posters from the past

Marky Licks Thais. Now there was a username, although in fairness he did post the evidence one night.....

Victor! Ernie's Trimm Trabbs, NigelBlues, Bluebirdette, Thames Valley Bluebird, Beef, Dai Hard, Three Chord Trick.

Oh, and Heathblue.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Marky Licks Thais. Now there was a username, although in fairness he did post the evidence one night.....

Victor! Ernie's Trimm Trabbs, NigelBlues, Bluebirdette, Thames Valley Bluebird, Beef, Dai Hard, Three Chord Trick.

Oh, and Heathblue.....

Victor, jaysus. What a period of CCMB life that was.

TVB was my wingman. Worst part the rebrand (on a personal level) was how it wrecked relationships that had run for years.

Bluebirdette, TVB, Beef and Dai Hard all feature in the pics I posted in the previous thread.

Three Chord Trick still talks a lot of sense. But not on here unfortunately

Who's the one that used to only type
    P O D
    And Hiya Mate
    Sendintank

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Who's the one that used to only type
    P O D
    And Hiya Mate
    Sendintank
    New York Welsh. Pretty easy to be "POD" when everyone else 5 hours ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    New York Welsh. Pretty easy to be "POD" when everyone else 5 hours ahead.
    His level of spamming was off the scale. I'd not thought about that name in years.

Didn't Colonel Cardiffi take a crew with him as well when he decided to jump ship a set up his own board? We lost some good posters then. Dr Lector was very witty, along with Steve R and his good lady, who i notice still pops on here now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Didn't Colonel Cardiffi take a crew with him as well when he decided to jump ship a set up his own board? We lost some good posters then.
    A matter of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Message from Edinburgh Blue.

Haha. Love your reply 👍😂
    I never bothered registering once the board switched over.
    Used to spend too much time on there anyway.
    Say hello to Jimmy the Jock for me. Hes a genuine fella.
    We took each others places in our adopted countries 😁
    Think quite a few went when the board switched. Pretty sure that was the last time Alfie Sherwood and Archiebald Leitch posted.

Think I saw Alfie post a couple of times afterwards on the ***** board but haven't seen him on there for ages.
    (Edit Oopd forgot we shouldn't mention AA's board!!)

Lone Gunman mentioned Heathblue. Think he disappeared around the same time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Lone Gunman mentioned Heathblue. Think he disappeared around the same time as well.
    He's still here. Posts fairly regularly but under a different name.

Chris (tho shouldn't tempt fate really).
    QPR London was another, he even had his own emoji.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Chris (tho shouldn't tempt fate really).
    QPR London was another, he even had his own emoji.
    Chris was banned. He could not stop posting shit over and over.

is missed. I hope he's ok

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    A matter of opinion.

Not so many rows over nothing much since then.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Didn't Colonel Cardiffi take a crew with him as well when he decided to jump ship a set up his own board? We lost some good posters then. Dr Lector was very witty, along with Steve R and his good lady, who i notice still pops on here now and then.
    That whole thing was so unnecessary. What Mike provides here is a community as well as a community service. The other 2 boards seem to have some overt commercial element involved in them which is a shame. There are so few people on the Colonels board - it just feels like it could be done via WhatsApp.

What I do think is that the whole community is poorer as a result of the fragmentation

I have no idea on who’s left or changed usernames but names that jump to mind who aren’t posting are...

Calon Lan (wasn’t he the Guy who was going to fight Croesy in Beddau)... Croesy himself, Packerman and Ian Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    There are so few people on the Colonels board - it just feels like it could be done via WhatsApp
    Funniest thing I've read on here in ages

That whole thing was so unnecessary. What Mike provides here is a community as well as a community service. The other 2 boards seem to have some overt commercial element involved in them which is a shame. There are so few people on the Colonels board - it just feels like it could be done via WhatsApp.

What I do think is that the whole community is poorer as a result of the fragmentation

I have no idea on who’s left or changed usernames but names that jump to mind who aren’t posting are...

Calon Lan (wasn’t he the Guy who was going to fight Croesy in Beddau)... Croesy himself, Packerman and Ian Gibson
    Hold on: TWO other boards?! I know of ****’ pitiful attempt but there is another?!

:-0

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Hold on: TWO other boards?! I know of ****’ pitiful attempt but there is another?!

:-0
    Yeah, ******** did one, it's like a WhatsApp group chat that uses the message board format apparently

Tony Davies.
    Steve Borley.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Tony Davies.
    Steve Borley.
    Borley would get pissed and talk about giving up his kids inheritance to save the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Borley would get pissed and talk about giving up his kids inheritance to save the club.

The incoherent rants were quite entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The incoherent rants were quite entertaining.
    Agree, Friday and saturday nights on here were special, people pissed up and kicking off, threats of violence, personal abuse etc. Coming home back then after a few beers was classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Agree, Friday and saturday nights on here were special, people pissed up and kicking off, threats of violence, personal abuse etc. Coming home back then after a few beers was classic.
    Ah. The old Friday Night Crew, now that’s some years ago. I used to love coming home after skittles up the Shed (or before that The Grosvenor) on a Friday night getting on the old desk top computer for an hour or two half pissed

Cant believe i forgot Ian Gibson. !
    Very knowledgeable about the City, and very witty, especially his top tips from Viz 😂😂

We've missed out a former legend - the Lord Caliburn. Very interesting guy and warm and friendly person. RIP Clive.