+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting in Cardiff Today

Shooting in Cardiff Today

Not too far from me

Heard police screaming around earlier thought they were chasing kids on bikes like on Friday . that's 3 incidents in the area in the last 12 months where guns were involved .

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...oting-18085944

Re: Shooting in Cardiff Today

Phew thank god life getting back to normal in Eastern Cardiff,trust them to jump on the front foot and lead the way for others,.

It's always (OK, Mostly!!) drug related.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    It's always (OK, Mostly!!) drug related.
    Harris Avenue-Rough as..

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Harris Avenue-Rough as..
    I used to walk through Harris Avenue to skool as a Junior, and then when when i was in Rumney College (if it was wet, if dry took the easy option and walked across the park. it was mad then but roaming dogs were the main problem, and is probably why I have never had and am not keen with dogs.

I used to walk through Harris Avenue to skool as a Junior, and then when when i was in Rumney College (if it was wet, if dry took the easy option and walked across the park. it was mad then but roaming dogs were the main problem, and is probably why I have never had and am not keen with dogs.
    There's always problems down there with gang fights etc. A fair few Wrong uns down there.

Cardiff , compared to london , bristol , birmingham , Nottingham, manchester , leeds and liverpool has never seen much drug related gun crime

But it does seem to be creeping in

And to hear gunshots whilst you are minding your own business in your front room , washing your car , walking down the street must be terrifying

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Cardiff , compared to london , bristol , birmingham , Nottingham, manchester , leeds and liverpool has never seen much drug related gun crime

But it does seem to be creeping in

And to hear gunshots whilst you are minding your own business in your front room , washing your car , walking down the street must be terrifying
    No one minds their own business in Harris Avenue

No one minds their own business in Harris Avenue
    It's not that run town though , I would be more worried walking down Clifton street or parts of north grangetown

Scum on scum. Trust me.....

It's not that run town though , I would be more worried walking down Clifton street or parts of north grangetown
    Harris Avenue is as rough as a badgers arse.

some decent people in harris avenue but looks like drug and gun culture is part of the norm nowadays

we never had any problems around here but the last 12 months has seen a turn for the worse

Harris Avenue is as rough as a badgers arse.
    Have you driven down virgil street to allerton street grangetown by the old city pub ?

I have a friend living there and there is open coke and heroin dealing in the middle of the day

Clifton street is going the same way

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    some decent people in harris avenue but looks like drug and gun culture is part of the norm nowadays

we never had any problems around here but the last 12 months has seen a turn for the worse

We live on Greenway Road, very close to where the incident took place. We heard what we thought was a minor explosion this afternoon and only found out about 7pm that it was gunfire. There are some wrong uns in this area and it's getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    We live on Greenway Road, very close to where the incident took place. We heard what we thought was a minor explosion this afternoon and only found out about 7pm that it was gunfire. There are some wrong uns in this area and it's getting worse.
    What's trowbridge like ?

as for trowbridge just like any other estate in south wales sludge

good and bad

Have you driven down virgil street to allerton street grangetown by the old city pub ?

I have a friend living there and there is open coke and heroin dealing in the middle of the day

Clifton street is going the same way
    That's absolute standard in alot of areas of cardiff. Drugs everywhere.

Gun culture certainly isn't part of the 'norm' in the UK.

on the whole NOT tuerto I should have been more specific

the norm i was referring too meant most inner citys like London , Birmingham , Manchester,Liverpool .Leeds and Glasgow

The facts are staggering if you choose to look

as for trowbridge just like any other estate in south wales sludge

good and bad
    I used to go fishing down that hendre lake , last time I go back there

Grangetown's mean and nasty status expired a good 10 years ago. Yuppies and the middle classes have successfully seen to that. Nothing more than a myth now, as far as inner city neighbourhoods go.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Grangetown's mean and nasty status expired a good 10 years ago. Yuppies and the middle classes have successfully seen to that. Nothing more than a myth now, as far as inner city neighbourhoods go.
    Riverside is slowly becoming gentrified.

Riverside is slowly becoming gentrified.
    In fairness it's a bloody great location so no real surprise it is getting gentrified. Should the Dumballs Road/Brains Brewery site developments go ahead, the value in the riverside and grangetown properties will go through the roof.

[QUOTE=SLUDGE FACTORY;5066014]What's trowbridge like ?[/QUOTE

Probably no worse than Rumney nowadays.

Harris Avenue isn’t particularly rough.
    The gentleman was targeted because of who he was. It wasn’t some random drive by.

We’re still blessed here that we haven’t got the problems other cities have.