+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B&Q Culverhouse X is open.

B&Q Culverhouse X is open.

Today and from 8am Tomorrow, if anyone needs stuff for the home or garden in order to alleviate the boredom and feel productive-Strict Social Distancing applies.

Re: B&Q Culverhouse X is open.

I need dulex paint to finish a job off....it’s going to be a mare going there though along with half of cardiff and the vale

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I need dulex paint to finish a job off....it’s going to be a mare going there though along with half of cardiff and the vale
    B & M sell dulex , less queuing

Have you got a trade account? it's straight in and out if you have.

Great spot

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Is it cheaper than Dulux ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Dulux is a bit shit now-Leyland is tidy.

At least I put an “L” and not a “R”

[QUOTE=Heathblue;5068596]Is it cheaper than Dulux ?[/QUOTE

I read it as Durex and thought what has diy come to

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Dulux is a bit shit now-Leyland is tidy.
    Only good for 6 months just like their cars.

Only good for 6 months just like their cars.
    My first ever car was a leyland Mini Metro-I wrote it off because i was browsing through a cock mag while bombing down Cyncoed rd-true story-Silly cow infront of me decided to stop and turn left. I blame 'Gemma' from 'Tunbridge Wells'

[QUOTE=splott parker;5068600]
    Is it cheaper than Dulux ?[/QUOTE

I read it as Durex and thought what has diy come to
    You know I’m deaf Steve, she sent me out for dulex and I came home with durex.
    She said “what the f uck is that for” !!!!

I replied “ya”

Hardly essential shopping is it ? Anyone going there is putting themselves and other people at risk, even if ‘strict social distancing’ is supposed to be observed. People have to shop for food. They don't have to buy paint.

My first ever car was a leyland Mini Metro-I wrote it off because i was browsing through a cock mag while bombing down Cyncoed rd-true story-Silly cow infront of me decided to stop and turn left. I blame 'Gemma' from 'Tunbridge Wells'
    Our 1st car was a Mini, my mum bought it, MRW 752F its the only Number Plate I remember of the cars I have had, i even changed the rear sub-frame on bricks on the road, it was the version with the hydro elastic (something like that!!) suspension, you had to get them pumped up 2 nd car she bought was another mini, then after that she bought a Chevette, after a while it needed a welding job for the M.O.T, it was the last welding Job I did on cars as a favour insurance wouldn't pay out, they said she had to sue me for the damage
    02.jpg

Our 1st car was a Mini, my mum bought it, MRW 752F its the only Number Plate I remember of the cars I have had, i even changed the rear sub-frame on bricks on the road, it was the version with the hydro elastic (something like that!!) suspension, you had to get them pumped up 2 nd car she bought was another mini, then after that she bought a Chevette, after a while it needed a welding job for the M.O.T, it was the last welding Job I did on cars as a favour insurance wouldn't pay out, they said she had to sue me for the damage
    02.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Hardly essential shopping is it ? Anyone going there is putting themselves and other people at risk, even if ‘strict social distancing’ is supposed to be observed. People have to shop for food. They don't have to buy paint.
    They're trialing it at the moment. I suppose that the supermarkets could close all aisles that aren't deemed essential. No biscuits, crisps, fizzy drinks, gadgets etc. It would certainly speed things up and reduce the risk of infection, they could also give out booklets that could be stamped in order to stop people making several visits. I'd rather they didn't. I suppose at some point shops are going to have to re open softly, no matter what they sell. Things will have to start moving. When is the correct time? I don't really know.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Idle hands. Painting could stop a heavy drinker who is bored drinking more, or a wife beater stopping his frustration by painting

02.jpg
    **** me, did you pour a gallon of petrol on it before you started the job

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Idle hands. Painting could stop a heavy drinker who is bored drinking more, or a wife beater stopping his frustration by painting
    There's a big debate to be had over what you're saying. There's alot of talk about the Healthy Elderly becoming sick and a loss of confidence leading to isolation. I suppose that there are going to be big negatives to this lock down and other services coud become stretched after this, as a consequence. Social services can't access the vulnerable and kids on the at risk register.

There's a big debate to be had over what you're saying. There's alot of talk about the Healthy Elderly becoming sick and a loss of confidence leading to isolation. I suppose that there are going to be big negatives to this lock down and other services coud become stretched after this, as a consequence. Social services can't access the vulnerable and kids on the at risk register.
    We went for a wander to Morrison's today (we do give LIDL a miss on occasions and posh it up a bit), it was a nice afternoon, was the 1st indication to me based on numbers out, and other things I saw, that we will get an American scenario soon (people demoing against the lockdown)

It’s a mixed up colour.....

Have you got a trade account? it's straight in and out if you have.
    I have....is it open for trade at pontprennau?

I have....is it open for trade at pontprennau?
    Not sure about Pontprennau, Definitely Culver though. I've got a trade card and there was no queuing with the masses, straight in.

Having watched other essential retailers support social distancing in their stores, we are now in a position to follow best practice and re-open a small number of stores as a trial, while keeping our colleagues and customers safe. The trial stores are: Cardiff (Culverhouse Cross), Chester, Coventry (Brandon Road), Fareham, Gillingham, Ipswich, Nursling, Paisley, Plymouth, Stockport, Sutton in Ashfield, Watford, West Thurrock, and York (Hull Road). Click + Collect is temporarily not available at these stores.

**** that don't tell my Mrs