+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Was Covid-19 Engineered?

Re: Was Covid-19 Engineered?

There are many conspiracy theories out there one that has been doing the rounds is it was an American man made virus planted in Wuhan.

I don't think there is a poster who has made a contribution that doesn't recognise the failings of the Chinese at the outset of the virus. There seem to be a few generally accepted facts:

Covid-19 was first identified in Wuhan Province;
    There are regular "Wet Markets" where animal hygiene practices are very bad or absent;
    There is a Virology Lab in Wuhan;
    The epidemiologists that studied the first 41 cases could not trace all those with the virus back to attendance at the wet market.

After that all I have seen is speculation. Obviously the more you like to think you can join the dots the more outlandish the speculation becomes. We await the results of the Second Source, whatever or whoever that is with that in mind.

What is equally clear is that the USA currently has around 31% of the reported cases within its borders. That is despite being told that its President took early action on 31st January to stop non-US nationals flying to the US from China. Three days ago that President stopped funding the WHO and started finger pointing at China as the cause of his current ills.

Almost concurrently with these attack lines Wales-Bales has posted along similar lines including a new thread called China.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Personally I think it’s like Chernobyl. A total accident but the accident was the result of daft negligence and then an appallingly bad attempt at a cover up and initial response.
    Agreed I think that is most likely what happened.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

This has been around since about two minutes after the mysterious virus story broke. Organ Morgan (whatever happened to him?) was talking about it in January. Scientists have analysed the virus specifically so they could discredit it.

And Pulitzer Boy here is searching for a second source

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    This is what the Chairman of the US Joint Chief of Staff said three days ago. What's happened since?.
    A number of news outlets quoting multiple sources said it came from the bio lab. Please try to keep up at the back, they even asked the president about it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    A number of news outlets quoting multiple sources said it came from the bio lab. Please try to keep up at the back, they even asked the president about it.
    Hi @Wales-Bales

Do you have links please?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Personally I think it’s like Chernobyl. A total accident but the accident was the result of daft negligence and then an appallingly bad attempt at a cover up and initial response.
    Could the same be said of Windscale ?

International

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Could the same be said of Windscale ?
    I don't recall windscale having a total meltdown and devestating the surrounding area for many square miles. It must have happened when I was in the pub!!!!

Banned

That is one news source (Fox News). What are the others?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    That is one news source (Fox News). What are the others?
    Cos the bloke asking the questions works for Fox News, and Trump more or less admitted it

I could give you CNN but I wouldn't believe a word that they say!

Banned

Cos the bloke asking the questions works for Fox News, and Trump more or less admitted it

I could give you CNN but I wouldn't believe a word that they say!

Yeah, he said he works for Fox News. You said there were multiple news outlets, who were the others?

I posted on the MB about the virus lab in Wuhan a while back. I can't find it now but there was a link to an article in a medical journal (rather than Fox News or similar) which sounded quite plausible. It seems the lab was working on bat viruses but the article did not speculate further, just that it seemed a bit of a coincidence that the lab was a matter of a few hundred yards from the wet market.

Linked to it was a more fanciful report that a young female scientist nicknamed "Patient Zero" who worked at the lab had "disappeared". "Patient Zero" because it was believed that she was the first case of the COVID 19 virus infecting a human being. She disappeared because her body was quickly cremated!! Uhm...a great story for conspiracy theorists!

Heisenberg

Yeah, he said he works for Fox News. You said there were multiple news outlets, who were the others?

Just about every news organisation is reporting it, and it is rapidly becoming the world's worst kept secret.

Did you know that while China was lying about the virus and the WHO were denying that human to human transmission was possible, at this very same moment a Chinese trade delegation was being sent into the White House, and they were shaking hands and breathing on everybody including the president. So this current investigation is pretty high stakes for China, and they have got some explaining to do.

Banned

Just about every news organisation is reporting it, and it is rapidly becoming the world's worst kept secret.

Did you know that while China was lying about the virus and the WHO were denying that human to human transmission was possible, at this very same moment a Chinese trade delegation was being sent into the White House, and they were shaking hands and breathing on everybody including the president. So this current investigation is pretty high stakes for China, and they have got some explaining to do.

Do you have links to these other news organisations reporting on it? The latest one seems to be Fox News as well.

Do you have links to these other news organisations reporting on it? The latest one seems to be Fox News as well.
    Ignore the network and ignore the host, they have absolutetely zero importance here. Navarro is a senior high ranking White House official who holds a number of portfolios, and he is giving a first person account of what happened. I can see now how easily people become brainwashed, as they are more interested in the brand name, than what's in the tin. If you want the fake version then by all means try another network.

Banned

Ignore the network and ignore the host, they have absolutetely zero importance here. Navarro is a senior high ranking White House official who holds a number of portfolios, and he is giving a first person account of what happened. I can see now how easily people become brainwashed, as they are more interested in the brand name, than what's in the tin. If you want the fake version then by all means try another network.
    What you said was that there were multple news organisations reporting the same. So far, you have provided one news organisation twice. Who are the others?

What you said was that there were multple news organisations reporting the same. So far, you have provided one news organisation twice. Who are the others?
    Ok, I give up, that's enough from me today. See you next week.

Banned

Ok, I give up, that's enough from me today. See you next week.
    I am confused. Does that mean there was only one news organisation?

anything on Fox news you can pretty much ignore i think

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    anything on Fox news you can pretty much ignore i think
    All he has to do is post a link to other news organisations. That would then back up his claim that "just about every news organisation" are covering it.

All he has to do is post a link to other news organisations. That would then back up his claim that "just about every news organisation" are covering it.
    yep

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that there were nearly double the previous highest number of daily deaths yesterday in the USA (4,500 from 2,500) - seems like we're seeing classic diversion tactics from the Trump camp.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The Wall Street Journal is reporting that there were nearly double the previous highest number of daily deaths yesterday in the USA (4,500 from 2,500) - seems like we're seeing classic diversion tactics from the Trump camp.
    Just like the WHO getting the finger of blame. Out of interest, did you come across any stories in the WSJ that back up what Wales-Bales is saying? He needs help in proving his latest claim.