+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First steps to coming out of lockdown?

First steps to coming out of lockdown?

Under thirties with no underlying health conditions and not living with parents allowed out first?

It looks like we are still trying herd immunity, just without the steep peak?

Re: First steps to coming out of lockdown?

People with immunity, primary school kids back to school so the above could go to work?

It's not going to be easy to do is it, arguments for and against all suggestions I would imagine?

Send back industries that can't work from home first. Loosen restrictions, in areas without high number of cases, on other workers.

Maybe let schools back so people can work without child care (but aren't they a big spreader of the virus?).

Has there been any news on this at all?

Until there is a vaccine I suppose it would be possible to ease the lockdown in a 'blind' manner by turning the tap back for lower risk age groups, schools, certain industries, some low infection geographical areas etc.

But unless we have adequate testing and tracing - and the UK is way off that now, and at less than 15% of the Hancock target by the end of the month - it will all be done on the basis of total trial and error based on fluctuating infection and death rates.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Until there is a vaccine I suppose it would be possible to ease the lockdown in a 'blind' manner by turning the tap back for lower risk age groups, schools, certain industries, some low infection geographical areas etc.

But unless we have adequate testing and tracing - and the UK is way off that now, and at less than 15% of the Hancock target by the end of the month - it will all be done on the basis of total trial and error based on fluctuating infection and death rates.
    I can see the clammer to get the economy going but it's a very fine balancing act, you're right we desperately need a vaccine, let's hope that Oxford study works and we have a vaccine developed in the UK by September.

Could the UK use it for Brexit negotiations and trade deals with the US, that would be handy?

I saw the way czech republic who admittedly have handled it quite well and had very low infections and deaths are going to do it:

Smaller shops not located in shopping centres start to do business from 27th April
    Larger outdoor shopping malls and fitness centres without changing rooms from 11th May
    Restaurants and pubs can serve products in outdoor beer gardens from 25th May
    25th May government will open outdoor parts of zoos
    8th June Shopping malls, restaurants, pubs, hotels, haridressers, salons, theatres, castles, zoos and cultural and sports events to 50 people as well as larger weddings

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I saw the way czech republic who admittedly have handled it quite well and had very low infections and deaths are going to do it:

Smaller shops not located in shopping centres start to do business from 27th April
    Larger outdoor shopping malls and fitness centres without changing rooms from 11th May
    Restaurants and pubs can serve products in outdoor beer gardens from 25th May
    25th May government will open outdoor parts of zoos
    8th June Shopping malls, restaurants, pubs, hotels, haridressers, salons, theatres, castles, zoos and cultural and sports events to 50 people as well as larger weddings
    Wow that sounds fairly sensible/logical, and they can always slow down at any point if they need too?

International

The problem with other countries plans is the size of the population and the size of the country might lend itself to something that may not be so practical in a relatively small but densely populated country like UK.
    Places lie the Czech repubilc, Belgium and Sweded for example have quite small populations ans may be able to act in ways we couldn't.

I'm dreading them reopening schools. I have one in nursery and one in primary school.

If the schools reopen I am legally required to send them out as cannon fodder for wave 2.

Banned

I think schools will reopen first (possibly excluding hotspots like London).

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    I can see the clammer to get the economy going but it's a very fine balancing act, you're right we desperately need a vaccine, let's hope that Oxford study works and we have a vaccine developed in the UK by September.

Could the UK use it for Brexit negotiations and trade deals with the US, that would be handy?
    Could give us some bargaining power. I heard that 46% of vaccines are being developed in North America (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...date-covid-19/). I thought that Trump's response would lead to US decline but the vaccine could reduce this.

But with vaccines, they could give a certificate to people who had it and allow them to go out but the issue is how can it be enforced?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I think schools will reopen first (possibly excluding hotspots like London).
    True because schools would need to reopen either earlier or at the same time as parents would go into work.

With London, it seems to be ahead and cases were declining a week or two ago. Maybe it would be best to ease measures there first, considering how much of the British economy is based there?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The problem with other countries plans is the size of the population and the size of the country might lend itself to something that may not be so practical in a relatively small but densely populated country like UK.
    Places lie the Czech repubilc, Belgium and Sweded for example have quite small populations ans may be able to act in ways we couldn't.
    Wales and Scotland both have smaller populations than Czech Republic, I'd imagine it would be up to our devolved govs

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    True because schools would need to reopen either earlier or at the same time as parents would go into work.

With London, it seems to be ahead and cases were declining a week or two ago. Maybe it would be best to ease measures there first, considering how much of the British economy is based there?
    As soon as everyone is on the tube it'll spread again. I'm going to be WFH as long as I can get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    As soon as everyone is on the tube it'll spread again. I'm going to be WFH as long as I can get away with it.
    True. Maybe do certain industries first? Or maybe because many commuters are from out of London, the Tube won’t be as crammed? Don’t have the exact stats so it’s all speculation...

This was posted on another forum by a guy that lives in Italy.

I wanted to share an important update we have received here in Italy.

There has been talk for a while of a 3 phase plan moving into April, and we have received the draft of what will happen moving forward. I expect many countries will adopt a similar approach, particularly as some sectors share a mutual interest.

PHASE ONE

We are currently in this phase now we are seeing a trending drop in the number of new cases, deaths and people in critical care.

Since a week or 2 you can now exercise 200 metres from your home, including dog walking that wasn't allowed in the 2nd half of March

14th April (so yesterday) they announced libraries and newsagents would re-open, maintining current regulations on distancing and wearing a mask.

18th April, some farms and factories can re-open as long as they can guarantee they meet the regulations of distancing and mask wearing.

PHASE TWO

4th May, you will be allowed to go out and about, however it is obligatory for everyone to wear a mask and follow distancing rules.

4th May, Some clothes shops and DIY centres can re-open as long as they can guarantee they meet the regulations of distancing and mask wearing.

11th May, Some offices can re-open as long as they can guarantee they meet the regulations of distancing and mask wearing.

18th May, Some bars and restaurants can re-open, as well as some other companies in this sector as long as they can guarantee they meet the regulations of distancing and mask wearing.

25th May, Hairdresses, barbers and salons can re-open as long as they can guarantee they meet the regulations of distancing and mask wearing and it will be appointment only, with one customer at a time.

31st May, Serie A resumes. Other sports can also resume however must be played with no audience until further notice.

8th June, Sports Centres can re-open for individual sporting activities only or for classes with low volume and that can respect the distancing rules.

PHASE THREE

September 2020 - Schools will re-open for high school students and above (age 13+) It is not clear when children under 13 will go back to school, it may not happen in 2020.

December 2020 - Cinemas and theatres can re-open.

March 2021 - Nightclubs and other similar group and close contact activities can resume.

April 2021 - Only in 12 months the border will be re-opened. No holidays or going abroad is allowed until this time. This is also subject to the destination and how they are coping and what rules they have in place.

If there are no holidays or going abroad for 12 months won't every airline go bust?

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

There has been talk for a while of a 3 phase plan moving into April, and we have received the draft of what will happen moving forward. I expect many countries will adopt a similar approach, particularly as some sectors share a mutual interest.

PHASE ONE

We are currently in this phase now we are seeing a trending drop in the number of new cases, deaths and people in critical care.

Since a week or 2 you can now exercise 200 metres from your home, including dog walking that wasn't allowed in the 2nd half of March

14th April (so yesterday) they announced libraries and newsagents would re-open, maintining current regulations on distancing and wearing a mask.

18th April, some farms and factories can re-open as long as they can guarantee they meet the regulations of distancing and mask wearing.

PHASE TWO

4th May, you will be allowed to go out and about, however it is obligatory for everyone to wear a mask and follow distancing rules.

4th May, Some clothes shops and DIY centres can re-open as long as they can guarantee they meet the regulations of distancing and mask wearing.

11th May, Some offices can re-open as long as they can guarantee they meet the regulations of distancing and mask wearing.

18th May, Some bars and restaurants can re-open, as well as some other companies in this sector as long as they can guarantee they meet the regulations of distancing and mask wearing.

25th May, Hairdresses, barbers and salons can re-open as long as they can guarantee they meet the regulations of distancing and mask wearing and it will be appointment only, with one customer at a time.

31st May, Serie A resumes. Other sports can also resume however must be played with no audience until further notice.

8th June, Sports Centres can re-open for individual sporting activities only or for classes with low volume and that can respect the distancing rules.

PHASE THREE

September 2020 - Schools will re-open for high school students and above (age 13+) It is not clear when children under 13 will go back to school, it may not happen in 2020.

March 2021 - Nightclubs and other similar group and close contact activities can resume.

April 2021 - Only in 12 months the border will be re-opened. No holidays or going abroad is allowed until this time. This is also subject to the destination and how they are coping and what rules they have in place.
    Good luck with that

PHASE ONE

PHASE TWO

PHASE THREE

I really don’t want to wear a mask for a year

No footy or other sporting events or anything else which attracts crowds like concerts in Italy until further notice then. That's grim.

People with immunity, primary school kids back to school so the above could go to work?

It's not going to be easy to do is it, arguments for and against all suggestions I would imagine?
    Lots of top scientists saying keeping kids off school is counter productive....I know a few folk doing important jobs from home related to this virus with their kids running around them.....

Strange that places like travis Perkins have shut, surely they should try and keep the building trade going......

Does anyone have a list of countries for which wearing masks in public is mandatory? It's strange that some do have that requirement while others don't as I assume they are acting on the best advice of similarly qualified public health experts.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    I'm dreading them reopening schools. I have one in nursery and one in primary school.

If the schools reopen I am legally required to send them out as cannon fodder for wave 2.
    As it’s probably been around since last October, maybe even earlier, so I wouldn’t worry too much. I know lots of people who had all these symptoms around Christmas when everyone just assumed it was a rough seasonal flu. Great if a vaccine does arrive in September
    But that’s being very hopeful so let’s get the economy going and kids in school so we all have a stable place to carry on in!

PHASE ONE

PHASE TWO

PHASE THREE

My mate lives near Venice, he has business here and is hoping to fly back here mid May! There will be no airlines or clubs to open in a year if they do this....