+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: help with the name of a pub

Re: help with the name of a pub

Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    Restaurant ??? Your'e having a laugh.You ever been in there. It was worse than the tred. lol
    Well, we used to get a 2am steak in there, never went there during daylight

Restaurant ??? Your'e having a laugh.You ever been in there. It was worse than the tred. lol
    The Pat Rice-****ing carnage! I don't think anyone actually ate any of the food, just threw it at other pissed punters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    For years after that place had closed there were squatters in there, nobody seemed bothered though. The pub was as rough as ****, i remember going in there in my early twenties and there was a bloke in there sawing one of the tables in half, when i asked someone why he was doing it the reply was 'Because he's ****ing mad' suppose it made perfect sense at the time
    It was OK for a while, but went downhill rapid with the drug barons moving in.

For years after that place had closed there were squatters in there, nobody seemed bothered though. The pub was as rough as ****, i remember going in there in my early twenties and there was a bloke in there sawing one of the tables in half, when i asked someone why he was doing it the reply was 'Because he's ****ing mad' suppose it made perfect sense at the time
    I knew a good few of them as they played rugby for adamsdown rugby club. Mad as hatters

The Pat Rice-****ing carnage! I don't think anyone actually ate any of the food, just threw it at other pissed punters.
    Didn't Pat Rice play for Arsenal?

I knew a good few of them as they played rugby for adamsdown rugby club. Mad as hatters
    Yup, Mental pub. The Locomotive on Broadway was a bit crazy as well. What was the other pub on Broadway that has closed down?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Best eater in the diff in its era, mixed grill and a mountain of skinny chips rough as fk, cheap as chips, what more could you want after a session in Monty's if you hadn't pulled (I was always in the Patrice) !!!!
    What,you paid? We used to piss off when a fight started

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Didn't Pat Rice play for Arsenal?
    Yup, the place was called the Patrice hence Pat Rice. He probably would've done a better job of cooking the food than they did.

Yup, Mental pub. The Locomotive on Broadway was a bit crazy as well. What was the other pub on Broadway that has closed down?
    The Bertram , New Dock Tavern

What,you paid? We used to piss off when a fight started
    There was always bother.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The Bertram , New Dock Tavern
    The Bertram, that's the one. The New Dock was byThe Royal Oak i think?

Had my 1st wedding reception in the Tred.

International

The Bertram, that's the one. The New Dock was byThe Royal Oak i think?
    The Bertram was on Braodway wasn't it?
    The locomotive was a place to avoid for a number of years before it closed. A mate of mine from ely was in there one day and went to the toilet where his own cousin tried to mug him. He was so smashed out of his head he didn't even recognise him.
    But my firend and his brothers had long memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Pub was the Tredegar
    Ah, yes.
    Now I remember

Agree, a pretty rough place............ but often bought our Sunday joint/meat there on the Saturday night.

Good times. I worked in rod mill eastmoors 74-75 and the new rod mill in 76
    I started in GKN Castle Works, Cold Roll department, in early 1980. The section I worked on was permanent mornings, I was a bit worried at first as how I'd cope with having to start at 6am every day. However, it wasn't too long before we were working short-time. I would usually work Monday to Wednesday and then off Thursday and Friday with 80% of normal pay, this lasted for about 2 years.
    I was single at the time and living in a bedsit in Canton, so I had no real financial worries, it suited me fine, particularly in the summer.
    Not surprisingly the Cold Roll shut not long after and I was transferred to the Re-Bar department on the Tremorfa site.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The Bertram was on Braodway wasn't it?
    The locomotive was a place to avoid for a number of years before it closed. A mate of mine from ely was in there one day and went to the toilet where his own cousin tried to mug him. He was so smashed out of his head he didn't even recognise him.
    But my firend and his brothers had long memories.
    The Bertram was a rough place. The 'travelling community' used to get in there a lot, especially around the pool table in the bar.

Here's a fact for you,Llanrumney does not have a public house
    Thank god. Enough lunatics there without a pub!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Had my 1st wedding reception in the Tred.
    I went to a wedding party there, on a Saturday night, upstairs.

We bought those 7 pint tins, to take to the “after party”

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Thank god. Enough lunatics there without a pub!!

Great estate and times during the 60’s.

Used to stay up there after school (St Illtyds), before riding home to Roath.

Later years, the Goodies used to have a fantastic skittle roll off, on a Saturday night, before we all went to town, mostly with the kitty money. GREAT TIMES

Another late night Broadway haunt was the Numismatics Club (just a little bit further down than The New Dock), it was eventually taken over by a bloke named a Billy Hood and renamed, can’t remember what he called it at first, something ‘Pantry’ I think, them he changed the name to a Clayton’s Prison. Didn’t open until about 11pm and went on all night, crazy place.

The Howardians club in Clifton Street for an after hours drink.
    Most of the old bill from next door got in there as well.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

ACCACs

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Another late night Broadway haunt was the Numismatics Club (just a little bit further down than The New Dock), it was eventually taken over by a bloke named a Billy Hood and renamed, can’t remember what he called it at first, something ‘Pantry’ I think, them he changed the name to a Clayton’s Prison. Didn’t open until about 11pm and went on all night, crazy place.
    Was something ‘Pantry’, it was called Jan’s Kitchen, like a mad speakeasy

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Was something ‘Pantry’, it was called Jan’s Kitchen, like a mad speakeasy

Wasn’t I meant

Ah...memories....my favourite laces were The Pilot at the start of Bute Street....(where all the offices are now) and the Ship and Pilot down the docks....great sawdust floor places.......the latter has a new trendy name now I think....there was also another pub on a corner just up from The Pilot...can't remember the name...always packed......