+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should the people furloughed pay for furlough?

Re: Should the people furloughed pay for furlough?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Do you think not supporting one side because of a war 70 odd years ago is an odd reason?
    I think it's a very common reason, I'm surprised that you seem surprised at the phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    its not going to the NHS for medical work it is going to a nursing charity theat provides rest facilities and such like for nurses, none of it will be used for the NHS as an organisation.
    Who was going to pay for that otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Great idea.
    We should also change the tax code for anyone who has been on jobseekers and burden the f*** out of them when they find a job.
    Also, Heavily tax anyone whose parents need care.
    Penalise anyone who has used the nhs in the last ten years so that they pay for the care that they’ve had with a heavier tax code
    We should probably add a heavier tax code to any parents. They’ll have had money through child tax benefit
    What about the working disabled? Any way we can get at them?

Not sure if this is a woosh and tongue in cheek?

Ps 38 and never claimed a benefit in my
    Life but I’m furloughed. Not through my choosing. I’ve paid more than most my age into the system
    It was a customer who thought this was what the government were going to do to pay for Furlough?

At first, I thought don't be so daft but I did give it five minutes thought when he used an analogy of a hard-working nurse, stressed out doing double shifts and seeing people die every day, and as he called them a lazy bastard coffee shop worker or barmaid (not my view) sat at home watching Netflix and chilling all day!

He said how is it fair, when this is over the Nurse will have to pay extra tax for the lazy bastard, whos had x months off?

I just wanted to see what people thought, I was expecting a few non-furloughed to take a similar view as generally, people want what's best for them.

My view is as above life's not fair, in society taxes are often used to benefit other people and we should be grateful we can afford to pay them and don't have to use them ourselves

Also my Mrs is Furloughed and it would have cost us more

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I would like to think that is a tiny minority .I didn't mention America nor the war .

The fact Germany told the other union members to go **** themselves shocked me .

As I said they did go back on that original decision and made a watered down gesture.

Many many years ago I was chatting to a German back packer in Gatwick whilst waiting for a flight .

He stated that Germany would come back for Europe but do it without bombs and guns , they would do it financially next time .
    His words would appear to ring true .
    Never trust them, they've done it before twice

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We already have trade deals outside of Germany.

You might think my war mention was poor, but I firmly believe that there are people who still see Germany as our enemy because of the war. In the same vein, last autumn during the rugby world cup, my next door neighbour asked me what I thought of one particular game. I don't watch the sport, so I said I didn't know. He was annoyed that Ireland had lost to Japan. This guy is in his early 60s. I said that I thought lots would have found that funny and asked if he was part Irish. He said no he wasn't, but he could never support the Japs due to what they did during the war (he's an ex-squaddie btw). Sadly I do see attitudes like that. Not often, thankfully, but there are cretins who do see the Germans still as an enemy, who won't buy anything Japanese because of the war etc.
    How about Jacks, should we love them they are only down the road and have never been to War with us, but have thrown a few chairs, and shouted at us and ran away a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Don't you think it's common for somebody to take sides when watching an international when their own country is not playing ?
    How has this thread turned into an anti Germany thread?