+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 149

Thread: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

  1. #61

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    All diseases that lead to death are terrible, but I'm just not seeing a once in a hundred years catastrophic event here. Some of the media coverage, and even a few posters on here have been totally OTT. If Dr Birx is right about the end of May, then we are looking at a cycle similar to regular flu, which is around 4 months.
    The current 'manageable' situation is because of measures that were put in place. Measures which you didn't support.

  2. #62
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    17,889

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    The current 'manageable' situation is because of measures that were put in place. Measures which you didn't support.
    I didn't support them going on forever like some people are calling for, and some countries that did nothing haven't had a once in a hundred years catastrophic situation.

  3. #63

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I didn't support them going on forever like some people are calling for, and some countries that did nothing haven't had a once in a hundred years catastrophic situation.
    Who has done nothing and what is this about a 'once in a hundred years catastrophic situation'?

  4. #64

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I didn't support them going on forever like some people are calling for, and some countries that did nothing haven't had a once in a hundred years catastrophic situation.
    Come on, is there one person anywhere who has experienced a lockdown who wants it go on forever?

  5. #65
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    17,889

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Come on, is there one person anywhere who has experienced a lockdown who wants it go on forever?
    Bill Gates reckons it's Pandemic 1, in a series of 1001 pandemics!

  6. #66

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    360 new hospital deaths in the UK, another successive daily low for the month of April but Johnson says Blighty's at the point of maximum risk - who's he trying to kid?

    The playbook seems to entail scaring as many people as possible to continue hiding behind the settee until October time by talking up the spectre of a terrifying second wave.

    That script will become worn out within a fortnight.

  7. #67

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Bill Gates reckons it's Pandemic 1, in a series of 1001 pandemics!
    Which doesn't answer my question.

  8. #68

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    360 new hospital deaths in the UK, another successive daily low for the month of April but Johnson says Blighty's at the point of maximum risk - who's he trying to kid?
    Who knows, but hes never going to kid you. After all, you know for a fact that its no worse than the flu, it only kills Asians and it was referenced in a prison document published as far back as 2015.

  9. #69

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    I'm hedged every which way for whatever may lie ahead.

    When I was circa 18-20 I had seasonal flu for the only time. I'd never felt so ill; didn't have the strength to get out of bed for at least a week. I wouldn't fancy contracting similar nearly 40 years on. It's no surprise to me that 90% of UK dead are 60+ and that the mortality rate for those younger is minuscule because it has always been the way as anyone who has been able to filter out the hysteria is able to determine.

  10. #70

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm hedged every which way for whatever may lie ahead.

    When I was circa 18-20 I had seasonal flu for the only time. I'd never felt so ill; didn't have the strength to get out of bed for at least a week. I wouldn't fancy contracting similar nearly 40 years on. It's no surprise to me that 90% of UK dead are 60+ and that the mortality rate for those younger is minuscule because it has always been the way as anyone who has been able to filter out the hysteria is able to determine.
    "Filter out the hysteria".

    You thought PHE had put Covid-19 in a 2015 prison health document and you want to talk to people about what's hysterical? Amazing

  11. #71

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Ah, Bill's fanboy makes a bow in this thread but not to add anything of worth. It's juvenile and true to form.



  12. #72

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Ah, Bill's fanboy makes a bow in this thread but not to add anything of worth. It's juvenile and true to form.


    "Bill's fanboy" and "juvenile"

    Still upset, I see


  13. #73

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    When I was circa 18-20 I had seasonal flu for the only time. I'd never felt so ill; didn't have the strength to get out of bed for at least a week. I wouldn't fancy contracting similar nearly 40 years on. It's no surprise to me that 90% of UK dead are 60+ and that the mortality rate for those younger is minuscule because it has always been the way as anyone who has been able to filter out the hysteria is able to determine.
    Correct me if Im wrong, but during the worst flu pandemic the world has ever encountered, wasnt it the 20 to 40 year olds who were in the most vulnerable age group?

  14. #74
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    9,954

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but during the worst flu pandemic the world has ever encountered, wasn’t it the 20 to 40 year olds who were in the most vulnerable age group?
    Spanish Flu 1918-20:

    The pandemic mostly killed young adults. In 1918–1919, 99% of pandemic influenza deaths in the U.S. occurred in people under 65, and nearly half of deaths were in young adults 20 to 40 years old. In 1920, the mortality rate among people under 65 had decreased sixfold to half the mortality rate of people over 65, but 92% of deaths still occurred in people under 65.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

  15. #75

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Spanish Flu 1918-20:

    The pandemic mostly killed young adults. In 1918–1919, 99% of pandemic influenza deaths in the U.S. occurred in people under 65, and nearly half of deaths were in young adults 20 to 40 years old. In 1920, the mortality rate among people under 65 had decreased sixfold to half the mortality rate of people over 65, but 92% of deaths still occurred in people under 65.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

    Feels just like yesterday .

  16. #76

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    360 new hospital deaths in the UK, another successive daily low for the month of April but Johnson says Blighty's at the point of maximum risk - who's he trying to kid?

    The playbook seems to entail scaring as many people as possible to continue hiding behind the settee until October time by talking up the spectre of a terrifying second wave.

    That script will become worn out within a fortnight.
    You sneer about people "hiding behind the settees", but you were doing the same thing a few weeks back weren't you, are you now following the example of those across the Atlantic who are openly defying social distancing and isolation rules?

  17. #77

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You sneer about people "hiding behind the settees", but you were doing the same thing a few weeks back weren't you, are you now following the example of those across the Atlantic who are openly defying social distancing and isolation rules?
    He has ventured to Cardiff on the bus during 'lockdown', Bob. Absolute maverick is this one.

  18. #78

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Deleted by youtube after reaching 5 million views. They also boot any video linking 5g to COVID-19.

    The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses. Malcolm X.

  19. #79

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You sneer about people "hiding behind the settees", but you were doing the same thing a few weeks back weren't you, are you now following the example of those across the Atlantic who are openly defying social distancing and isolation rules?
    586 new hospital deaths in the UK since yesterday, Bobsy, an increase on both the previous two days. You and I can go back to worrying about the invisible enemy.

    Of course I'll continue to abide by government edicts. The settees remark concerned those who never leave their homes.

  20. #80

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but during the worst flu pandemic the world has ever encountered, wasn’t it the 20 to 40 year olds who were in the most vulnerable age group?
    Yes. This is a different virus to that one though. COVID-19 is deadlier to a different age group. Thought you may have known that as COVID-19 related news has been on the telly quite a bit of late.

  21. #81

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    "Bill's fanboy" and "juvenile"

    Still upset, I see

    I'm not upset (with you or anyone). What I would love to learn, as I mentioned recently, is how I managed collect you as a detractor.

  22. #82
    First Team Heathblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Melmac, Aldente Nebula, Andromeda Galaxy
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Deleted by youtube after reaching 5 million views. They also boot any video linking 5g to COVID-19.

    “The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.” Malcolm X.
    I've not looked for it, but a channel i was watching a little earlier did say that it has been restored. It's a very informative video.

  23. #83

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Yes. This is a different virus to that one though. COVID-19 is deadlier to a different age group. Thought you may have known that as COVID-19 related news has been on the telly quite a bit of late.
    I am aware that Covid-19 is not the flu. I've been fully aware of that all along and given your previous remarks on the subject it's more than a little ironic that it's you now attempting to highlight that to me.

    Regardless, I was reacting to your post in which you said, and I quote: "When I was circa 18-20 I had seasonal flu for the only time. I'd never felt so ill; didn't have the strength to get out of bed for at least a week. I wouldn't fancy contracting similar nearly 40 years on. It's no surprise to me that 90% of UK dead are 60+ and that the mortality rate for those younger is minuscule because it has always been the way as anyone who has been able to filter out the hysteria is able to determine."

    I was pointing out that, contrary to your claim, it has certainly not always been the way that the flu is most deadly in people 60+. Obviously. And, of course, we have no idea how 'it has always been' with Covid-19 as it's a newly-discovered virus about which much is still unknown.

    I'm finding it increasingly difficult to work out whether you're simply trying and failing to cover for the glaring errors you keep making on this subject or if you're genuinely losing your mind. A lot of your responses during the last couple of weeks have been more in keeping with this board's least intelligent contributors than with your own past efforts. I don't know what's happening to you, but it's quite alarming.

  24. #84

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Yes. This is a different virus to that one though. COVID-19 is deadlier to a different age group. Thought you may have known that as COVID-19 related news has been on the telly quite a bit of late.
    If we didn't give/offer the over 65's the Flu jab what would be the effect be on the over 60 death statistics?

  25. #85

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I am aware that Covid-19 is not the flu. I've been fully aware of that all along and given your previous remarks on the subject it's more than a little ironic that it's you now attempting to highlight that to me.

    Regardless, I was reacting to your post in which you said, and I quote: "When I was circa 18-20 I had seasonal flu for the only time. I'd never felt so ill; didn't have the strength to get out of bed for at least a week. I wouldn't fancy contracting similar nearly 40 years on. It's no surprise to me that 90% of UK dead are 60+ and that the mortality rate for those younger is minuscule because it has always been the way as anyone who has been able to filter out the hysteria is able to determine."

    I was pointing out that, contrary to your claim, it has certainly not always been the way that the flu is most deadly in people 60+. Obviously. And, of course, we have no idea how 'it has always been' with Covid-19 as it's a newly-discovered virus about which much is still unknown.

    I'm finding it increasingly difficult to work out whether you're simply trying and failing to cover for the glaring errors you keep making on this subject or if you're genuinely losing your mind. A lot of your responses during the last couple of weeks have been more in keeping with this board's least intelligent contributors than with your own past efforts. I don't know what's happening to you, but it's quite alarming.
    Flu/seasonal flu strains is/are viruses, coronaviruses. The World Health Organisation in 2017 estimated that between 290K and 650K people die worldwide each year with strains of Influenza A and B. Some years are worse than others when more virulent strains do the rounds hence the wide disparity. You may have have noted I typed 'with' just then. I did so because in responses to you the other day I repeatedly stated people had died 'with (not of) COVID-19 for the same reason (which evidently you didn't pay attention to).

    It matters not whether COVID-19 is defined as a type of flu or not because it is a virus, causes a viral infection and is a contributory factor in killing people.

    I have never heard anyone describe flu/seasonal flu being a virus in spite of it/them being viruses. A or the virus sounds much scarier than flu - would you agree?

    I don't recall hearing any news relating to a minimum of 290K people croaking with seasonal flu strains in years prior. Do you? This COVID-19 - another coronavirus let's not forget - has attracted wall-to-wall hyped publicity and instigated global lockdowns for months, and yet thus far COVID-19 has contributed to just 219K global deaths.

    Perhaps we should rebrand seasonal flu strains to 'viruses' or, better still, 'the virus' so that we can have eternal lockdowns in order to protect lives? What do you say?

    It's an inconvenient truth that 290K, 650K, a figure somewhere between those two or many multiples of them is neither here nor there when set against a global population of 7.8 billion. So far 22 thousand Britons have died with Covid-19 out of a 67 million population; another insignificant fraction... an irrelevance - more died (27K) from seasonal flu strains in 2014/2015 without the corporate media, you or anyone else having a hysterical breakdown.

    You've been played. So have the great majority. That's because, I'll wager, you and they are telly addicts. I'll also wager you nor they even realise they're addicted. Throw yours in the skip. It'll improve your cognitive capacity immeasurably.

    Up to 650 000 people die of respiratory diseases linked to seasonal flu each year - https://www.who.int/news-room/detail...-flu-each-year

  26. #86

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Flu/seasonal flu strains is/are viruses, coronaviruses. The World Health Organisation in 2017 estimated that between 290K and 650K people die worldwide each year with strains of Influenza A and B. Some years are worse than others when more virulent strains do the rounds hence the wide disparity. You may have have noted I typed 'with' just then. I did so because in responses to you the other day I repeatedly stated people had died 'with (not of) COVID-19 for the same reason (which evidently you didn't pay attention to).

    It matters not whether COVID-19 is defined as a type of flu or not because it is a virus, causes a viral infection and is a contributory factor in killing people.

    I have never heard anyone describe flu/seasonal flu being a virus in spite of it/them being viruses. A or the virus sounds much scarier than flu - would you agree?

    I don't recall hearing any news relating to a minimum of 290K people croaking with seasonal flu strains in years prior. Do you? This COVID-19 - another coronavirus let's not forget - has attracted wall-to-wall hyped publicity and instigated global lockdowns for months, and yet thus far COVID-19 has contributed to just 219K global deaths.

    Perhaps we should rebrand seasonal flu strains to 'viruses' or, better still, 'the virus' so that we can have eternal lockdowns in order to protect lives? What do you say?

    It's an inconvenient truth that 290K, 650K, a figure somewhere between those two or many multiples of them is neither here nor there when set against a global population of 7.8 billion. So far 22 thousand Britons have died with Covid-19 out of a 67 million population; another insignificant fraction... an irrelevance - more died (27K) from seasonal flu strains in 2014/2015 without the corporate media, you or anyone else having a hysterical breakdown.

    You've been played. So have the great majority. That's because, I'll wager, you and they are telly addicts. I'll also wager you nor they even realise they're addicted. Throw yours in the skip. It'll improve your cognitive capacity immeasurably.

    Up to 650 000 people die of respiratory diseases linked to seasonal flu each year - https://www.who.int/news-room/detail...-flu-each-year
    I think you've lost all grip on reality. That's assuming you ever had any.

    You've never heard anyone describe flu as a virus? Are you serious?

    I give up. You truly are a hopeless case.

  27. #87

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I have never heard anyone describe flu/seasonal flu being a virus in spite of it/them being viruses.
    This is genuinely one of the most amazing things I've ever seen posted on this message board. It's beyond belief in every sense.

  28. #88

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    This is genuinely one of the most amazing things I've ever seen posted on this message board. It's beyond belief in every sense.
    It is? Rebut it then. Let's have you.

  29. #89

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It is? Rebut it then. Let's have you.
    How can I rebut that nonsense? How would such a thing be possible? How on earth could I demonstrate that you have indeed heard people refer to the flu as a virus, as I have on countless occasions? For all I know you haven't talked to another human being in thirty years, let alone talked to anyone about flu viruses.

  30. #90

    Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Flu/seasonal flu strains is/are viruses, coronaviruses.
    This is also bollocks, by the way. Influenza is not a coronavirus.

    http://www.labnews.co.uk/article/203...-a-type-of-flu

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •