+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Lives vs. livelihoods & a gutted UK economy

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Yes. This is a different virus to that one though. COVID-19 is deadlier to a different age group. Thought you may have known that as COVID-19 related news has been on the telly quite a bit of late.
    I am aware that Covid-19 is not the flu. I've been fully aware of that all along and given your previous remarks on the subject it's more than a little ironic that it's you now attempting to highlight that to me.

Regardless, I was reacting to your post in which you said, and I quote: "When I was circa 18-20 I had seasonal flu for the only time. I'd never felt so ill; didn't have the strength to get out of bed for at least a week. I wouldn't fancy contracting similar nearly 40 years on. It's no surprise to me that 90% of UK dead are 60+ and that the mortality rate for those younger is minuscule because it has always been the way as anyone who has been able to filter out the hysteria is able to determine."

I was pointing out that, contrary to your claim, it has certainly not always been the way that the flu is most deadly in people 60+. Obviously. And, of course, we have no idea how 'it has always been' with Covid-19 as it's a newly-discovered virus about which much is still unknown.

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to work out whether you're simply trying and failing to cover for the glaring errors you keep making on this subject or if you're genuinely losing your mind. A lot of your responses during the last couple of weeks have been more in keeping with this board's least intelligent contributors than with your own past efforts. I don't know what's happening to you, but it's quite alarming.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I am aware that Covid-19 is not the flu. I've been fully aware of that all along and given your previous remarks on the subject it's more than a little ironic that it's you now attempting to highlight that to me.

Regardless, I was reacting to your post in which you said, and I quote: "When I was circa 18-20 I had seasonal flu for the only time. I'd never felt so ill; didn't have the strength to get out of bed for at least a week. I wouldn't fancy contracting similar nearly 40 years on. It's no surprise to me that 90% of UK dead are 60+ and that the mortality rate for those younger is minuscule because it has always been the way as anyone who has been able to filter out the hysteria is able to determine."

I was pointing out that, contrary to your claim, it has certainly not always been the way that the flu is most deadly in people 60+. Obviously. And, of course, we have no idea how 'it has always been' with Covid-19 as it's a newly-discovered virus about which much is still unknown.

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to work out whether you're simply trying and failing to cover for the glaring errors you keep making on this subject or if you're genuinely losing your mind. A lot of your responses during the last couple of weeks have been more in keeping with this board's least intelligent contributors than with your own past efforts. I don't know what's happening to you, but it's quite alarming.
    Flu/seasonal flu strains is/are viruses, coronaviruses. The World Health Organisation in 2017 estimated that between 290K and 650K people die worldwide each year with strains of Influenza A and B. Some years are worse than others when more virulent strains do the rounds hence the wide disparity. You may have have noted I typed 'with' just then. I did so because in responses to you the other day I repeatedly stated people had died 'with (not of) COVID-19 for the same reason (which evidently you didn't pay attention to).

It matters not whether COVID-19 is defined as a type of flu or not because it is a virus, causes a viral infection and is a contributory factor in killing people.

I have never heard anyone describe flu/seasonal flu being a virus in spite of it/them being viruses. A or the virus sounds much scarier than flu - would you agree?

I don't recall hearing any news relating to a minimum of 290K people croaking with seasonal flu strains in years prior. Do you? This COVID-19 - another coronavirus let's not forget - has attracted wall-to-wall hyped publicity and instigated global lockdowns for months, and yet thus far COVID-19 has contributed to just 219K global deaths.

Perhaps we should rebrand seasonal flu strains to 'viruses' or, better still, 'the virus' so that we can have eternal lockdowns in order to protect lives? What do you say?

It's an inconvenient truth that 290K, 650K, a figure somewhere between those two or many multiples of them is neither here nor there when set against a global population of 7.8 billion. So far 22 thousand Britons have died with Covid-19 out of a 67 million population; another insignificant fraction... an irrelevance - more died (27K) from seasonal flu strains in 2014/2015 without the corporate media, you or anyone else having a hysterical breakdown.

You've been played. So have the great majority. That's because, I'll wager, you and they are telly addicts. I'll also wager you nor they even realise they're addicted. Throw yours in the skip. It'll improve your cognitive capacity immeasurably.

Up to 650 000 people die of respiratory diseases linked to seasonal flu each year - https://www.who.int/news-room/detail...-flu-each-year

Flu/seasonal flu strains is/are viruses, coronaviruses. The World Health Organisation in 2017 estimated that between 290K and 650K people die worldwide each year with strains of Influenza A and B. Some years are worse than others when more virulent strains do the rounds hence the wide disparity. You may have have noted I typed 'with' just then. I did so because in responses to you the other day I repeatedly stated people had died 'with (not of) COVID-19 for the same reason (which evidently you didn't pay attention to).

It matters not whether COVID-19 is defined as a type of flu or not because it is a virus, causes a viral infection and is a contributory factor in killing people.

I have never heard anyone describe flu/seasonal flu being a virus in spite of it/them being viruses. A or the virus sounds much scarier than flu - would you agree?

I don't recall hearing any news relating to a minimum of 290K people croaking with seasonal flu strains in years prior. Do you? This COVID-19 - another coronavirus let's not forget - has attracted wall-to-wall hyped publicity and instigated global lockdowns for months, and yet thus far COVID-19 has contributed to just 219K global deaths.

Perhaps we should rebrand seasonal flu strains to 'viruses' or, better still, 'the virus' so that we can have eternal lockdowns in order to protect lives? What do you say?

It's an inconvenient truth that 290K, 650K, a figure somewhere between those two or many multiples of them is neither here nor there when set against a global population of 7.8 billion. So far 22 thousand Britons have died with Covid-19 out of a 67 million population; another insignificant fraction... an irrelevance - more died (27K) from seasonal flu strains in 2014/2015 without the corporate media, you or anyone else having a hysterical breakdown.

You've been played. So have the great majority. That's because, I'll wager, you and they are telly addicts. I'll also wager you nor they even realise they're addicted. Throw yours in the skip. It'll improve your cognitive capacity immeasurably.

Up to 650 000 people die of respiratory diseases linked to seasonal flu each year - https://www.who.int/news-room/detail...-flu-each-year
    I think you've lost all grip on reality. That's assuming you ever had any.

You've never heard anyone describe flu as a virus? Are you serious?

I give up. You truly are a hopeless case.

I have never heard anyone describe flu/seasonal flu being a virus in spite of it/them being viruses.
    This is genuinely one of the most amazing things I've ever seen posted on this message board. It's beyond belief in every sense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    This is genuinely one of the most amazing things I've ever seen posted on this message board. It's beyond belief in every sense.
    It is? Rebut it then. Let's have you.

It is? Rebut it then. Let's have you.
    How can I rebut that nonsense? How would such a thing be possible? How on earth could I demonstrate that you have indeed heard people refer to the flu as a virus, as I have on countless occasions? For all I know you haven't talked to another human being in thirty years, let alone talked to anyone about flu viruses.

Flu/seasonal flu strains is/are viruses, coronaviruses.
    This is also bollocks, by the way. Influenza is not a coronavirus.

http://www.labnews.co.uk/article/203...-a-type-of-flu

I see Organ is looking down his nose at everyone else, again. But wait a minute...what's this in the opening post of his Coronavirus fear/mega-doom thread?

I watched the BBC's 1pm news today and yesterday. Both led with the Coronavirus story.