+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Insane Trump supporters

Insane Trump supporters

Re: Insane Trump supporters

They are truly barmy , its like a different race .

I've seen a few documentaries about these type in the USA , gosh there is some very strange stuff out there.

I guessing as its such an open society we see more , I wonder how it looks in those worlds where we have limited access , insight or ther is less of an openness to share all their societies lives and behaviors ??

I remember meeting a militia man in the States and he was convinced that the UN's plan was to take over the world and suppress the American people - and that all the countries in Europe were under communist rule. We had Maggie Thatcher at the helm at the time.
    Needless to say, he was far from alone over there in having those beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I remember meeting a militia man in the States and he was convinced that the UN's plan was to take over the world and suppress the American people - and that all the countries in Europe were under communist rule. We had Maggie Thatcher at the helm at the time.
    Needless to say, he was far from alone over there in having those beliefs.
    I have a friend in the US military, a very reasonable man, but absolutely convinced that Barrack Obama was literally a communist who was hell bent on enslaving the US population.
    Huge George W Bush fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I have a friend in the US military, a very reasonable man, but absolutely convinced that Barrack Obama was literally a communist who was hell bent on enslaving the US population.
    Huge George W Bush fan.
    What is your friend reasonable about?

I would have thought that someone who thinks what you describe couldn't isolate that particular opinion from the rest of their personality and world view. Even if I knew someone like that who shared my love of Cardiff City or particular films or music genres, or who liked to walk the same trails as me, I would struggle to maintain a friendship.

It always interests me to see people who are friends across seemingly intractable divides (more extreme differences than say Diane Abbott and Michael Portillo who maintained a very close friendship - he was he son's godfather). For me those kinds of extreme (and to me offensive) views are not a take it or leave it add on, but central to who they are. I know it happens, but it baffles me.

So who's going to be the first out of the usual suspects on here to back these so selfish lunatics?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

I would have thought that someone who thinks what you describe couldn't isolate that particular opinion from the rest of their personality and world view. Even if I knew someone like that who shared my love of Cardiff City or particular films or music genres, or who liked to walk the same trails as me, I would struggle to maintain a friendship.

It always interests me to see people who are friends across seemingly intractable divides (more extreme differences than say Diane Abbott and Michael Portillo who maintained a very close friendship - he was he son's godfather). For me those kinds of extreme (and to me offensive) views are not a take it or leave it add on, but central to who they are. I know it happens, but it baffles me.
    Some have the skills and qualities to deal with a wide range of subjects or areas ?

Don't get me wrong, he's fairly brash and opinionated and he can rub people up the wrong way, especially over here.

Lots of my family are american though, and I work over there quite regularly, so there is less of a communication barrier than with other UK people. It's very easy to underestimate how big that can be when ostensibly you are both speaking English.
    Ultimately I find him very amusing in a ridiculous sort of way, and he doesn't take himself at all seriously.

He's not remotely racist or anything like that, that would obviously be a red line for me.

I think I would have more trouble getting past his extreme views if he was from the UK, as he's very much a product of the environment he was brought up in, whereas for a European to end up with such extreme views you know they are probably a complete ****.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Some have the skills and qualities to deal with a wide range of subjects or areas ?
    Of course. I think most of us deal with a wide range of subjects or areas - and differences are no barrier to personal relationships.

And some decide that there are nevertheless some barriers to friendship - red lines we will not cross.. Are you saying, for arguments sake, that you have 'the skills and qualities' to make friends with racists, Nazis or child abusers? I know some people do - I assume from your comment that you are one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Don't get me wrong, he's fairly brash and opinionated and he can rub people up the wrong way, especially over here.

Lots of my family are american though, and I work over there quite regularly, so there is less of a communication barrier than with other UK people. It's very easy to underestimate how big that can be when ostensibly you are both speaking English.
    Ultimately I find him very amusing in a ridiculous sort of way, and he doesn't take himself at all seriously.

He's not remotely racist or anything like that, that would obviously be a red line for me.

I think I would have more trouble getting past his extreme views if he was from the UK, as he's very much a product of the environment he was brought up in, whereas for a European to end up with such extreme views you know they are probably a complete ****.
    Interesting - thanks for elaborating. I agree that their environment can change our perceptions of someone.

Of course. I think most of us deal with a wide range of subjects or areas - and differences are no barrier to personal relationships.

And some decide that there are nevertheless some barriers to friendship - red lines we will not cross.. Are you saying, for arguments sake, that you have 'the skills and qualities' to make friends with racists, Nazis or child abusers? I know some people do - I assume from your comment that you are one of them.
    Your as bad as Trump , where the hell do you get that assumption from , gosh .

I was referring to your Diane Abbott and Michael Portillo*comment ,how the hell you got to Nazis and child abusers is very worrying , but does suggest your a bitter man

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Your as bad as Trump , where the hell do you get that assumption from , gosh .

I was referring to your Diane Abbott and Michael Portillo*comment ,how the hell you got to Nazis and child abusers is very worrying , but does suggest your a bitter man
    As you quoted my whole post I assumed your response was to my saying there were some differences of viewpoint that would preclude me from becoming friends with that person. Your reply read just like (your usual) smug put down to suggest that - unlike you - I don't have the skills and qualities to overcome differences of opinion and values.

You didn't mention Abbott and Portillo specifically. I did - to make the point that most people can accommodate a wide range of views in their friends - but to say that in my opinion there are limits. Your reply suggested that for you there are no limits so I was testing out if you do indeed have any. Your previous post suggested to me that you don't. Your latest outraged response implies maybe you do.

How the hell my refusal to make friends with Nazis and child abusers makes me a bitter man is beyond me. Your attitude is very worrying.

Here's videos published by insane nutters who claim some events are being staged using crisis actors.

As you quoted my whole post I assumed your response was to my saying there were some differences of viewpoint that would preclude me from becoming friends with that person. Your reply read just like (your usual) smug put down to suggest that - unlike you - I don't have the skills and qualities to overcome differences of opinion and values.

You didn't mention Abbott and Portillo specifically. I did - to make the point that most people can accommodate a wide range of views in their friends - but to say that in my opinion there are limits. Your reply suggested that for you there are no limits so I was testing out if you do indeed have any. Your previous post suggested to me that you don't. Your latest outraged response implies maybe you do.

How the hell my refusal to make friends with Nazis and child abusers makes me a bitter man is beyond me. Your attitude is very worrying.
    As is yours , i was simply agreeing with you over Abbott and Portillo friendship you dragged in the deviation of Nazi and child abuser not me .

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Here's videos published by insane nutters who claim some events are being staged using crisis actors.

Not shocked, think we saw some of that in the last election