+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Royal correspondents, strange people

Royal correspondents, strange people

Oily creeps

Nicolas Witchell , Jenny Bond

And those royal biographers , penny junor etc

Odd

As are people , apart from the elderly , who are obsessed with the royal family

Now of course the death of lady diana was a shame but whole families travelled to throw flowers at the funeral car and stood there crying

I think it's odd

Re: Royal correspondents, strange people

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Oily creeps

Odd

Now of course the death of lady diana was a shame but whole families travelled to throw flowers at the funeral car and stood there crying

I think it's odd
    Completely agree.
    I find myself amazed every time there’s a ‘royal baby’ all the excitement with the odd people dressed in Union Jack outfits, probably returning to their flats later.
    Talking of flats Buckingham palace must be a cracking spot for developers

I don't get it all. Greeks and Germans. Money and property. And for what? They don't do anything of substance. That Harry seems like an OK bloke (but who knows?) and his Mrs seems reasonably normal. I'm no so keen on the other two. Why can't they all renounce their titles give back their homes and their land and just live like normal billionaires?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't get it all. Greeks and Germans. Money and property. And for what? They don't do anything of substance. That Harry seems like an OK bloke (but who knows?) and his Mrs seems reasonably normal. I'm no so keen on the other two. Why can't they all renounce their titles give back their homes and their land and just live like normal billionaires?
    The 'Royal Family' are in a cleft stick. On the one hand they are semi-deified and on the other they try to come across as less stuffy and remote than their predecessors as that is a risk too. I, for one, will never bow unilaterally to another person on this planet and I consider the concept of royalty as ludicrous - even more so when it makes someone the Head of State merely due to the bed they were born in.
    Please don't respond by saying that it gives us stability and that it's better than having a US president as, for example, Germany's Head of State (and which is not a lifelong position) is not the same position as the Chancellor - and I consider Germany to be pretty stable.
    Having Heads of State who can't even enter a supermarket or walk the streets as normal human being is rather amusing. We defer to someone in their ivory tower who never attended a state school unless they were surrounded by an entourage (the smell of fresh paint in their nostrils as they sweep through), never uses public transport, never pops into a high street restaurant, café or pub, people kow-towing to them everywhere they go and referring to them as 'Your majesty' and the like at every juncture. For me, like religion, royalty infantilises us. As for the miserable dirge 'God Save The Queen' you have a double whammy of it in four words.
    Needless to say, some of the younger royals (whose English is less clipped, archaic and alien than that of her Maj) do seem to have more contact with the real world and find that acting the semi-deified role at the same time is too much to bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The 'Royal Family' are in a cleft stick. On the one hand they are semi-deified and on the other they try to come across as less stuffy and remote than their predecessors as that is a risk too. I, for one, will never bow unilaterally to another person on this planet and I consider the concept of royalty as ludicrous - even more so when it makes someone the Head of State merely due to the bed they were born in.
    Please don't respond by saying that it gives us stability and that it's better than having a US president as, for example, Germany's Head of State (and which is not a lifelong position) is not the same position as the Chancellor - and I consider Germany to be pretty stable.
    Having Heads of State who can't even enter a supermarket or walk the streets as normal human being is rather amusing. We defer to someone in their ivory tower who never attended a state school unless they were surrounded by an entourage (the smell of fresh paint in their nostrils as they sweep through), never uses public transport, never pops into a high street restaurant, café or pub, people kow-towing to them everywhere they go and referring to them as 'Your majesty' and the like at every juncture. For me, like religion, royalty infantilises us. As for the miserable dirge 'God Save The Queen' you have a double whammy of it in four words.
    Needless to say, some of the younger royals (whose English is less clipped, archaic and alien than that of her Maj) do seem to have more contact with the real world and find that acting the semi-deified role at the same time is too much to bear.

It made me laugh when these creepy royal reporters said a prince had met an ordinary girl an they fell in love

Have you seen the size of Kate Middleton's parents house !

They are loaded

And who calls their daughter Pippa?

It's all stables and jolly hockey sticks

Ordinary my arse

Spot on with the royals and religion. With regard to royal correspondents, each to their own, there's plenty of room for sycophantic, obsequious, unctuous, servile, fawning, toadying, arse lickers in this world.

But you'd love the chance to eat their food
    Even though it has been chewed

It made me laugh when these creepy royal reporters said a prince had met an ordinary girl an they fell in love

They are loaded

Ordinary my arse
    Her name's Philippa, not Pippa btw. Everything else, I concur.

They are loaded

Ordinary my arse
    You still would though.

International

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Completely agree.
    I find myself amazed every time there’s a ‘royal baby’ all the excitement with the odd people dressed in Union Jack outfits, probably returning to their flats later.
    Talking of flats Buckingham palace must be a cracking spot for developers
    If they live in flats where else would they go? But I don't quite get the point of mentioning flats in particular.

International

I have no particular dislike of them but there are some aspects of the way they live that are absolutely srreal, and it is nothing to do with the money, there are thousands of people in the world far richer than them who don't live such a cocooned life.
    a few examples;
    Princess diana said she wanted the boys to have a normal upbringing. When they lived in Kennsington Palace as pre-teens when at home they had their own private chef just to prepare their meals. She and Charles had a seperate chef for themselves.
    The Queens chips are always exactly the same size and always square
    Prince Charles 'wrote' to his valet (someone he speaks to constantly every day mind) and complained that one of the people getting things ready for him when he wakes in the morning was putting the tooth paste on his toothbrush and putting it on the left side of the sink when he knew that charles was right handed.
    Henry and Megan, (the peoples prince) when they moved into the £2.4 million renovated home had a staff of 13 to look after them. What on earth would 13 people do to assist 2 people in their day to day lives? It beggars belief. and this in addition to his military ADC and his personal Secretary.
    The all have private secretary and theeir wives all of seperate ones.
    These are the kind of things that they have in their lives without even thinking about it. Its nothing to do with the money. The level of care and protection they are the subject of is beyond most people's understanding.

Charles is understood to be very keen on reducing the size of the "Firm" when he takes over, perhaps understanding that the hangers on do the family no favours, but that said his lifestyle won't change.

they are not normal and never will be.Charles has done most to damage the Royal family with the way he treated Diana.That is something that still lives on today.
    Prince of Wales gets sick with the virus and buggers off to Scotland to recover. Whats wrong with his home in Wales shows us utter disrespect.

Banned

Oily creeps

Odd

I think it's odd
    Hate the Royal Family, and everything it represents to me.

What was that bloke's name, James Whittaker or something? Used to actually think he WAS royalty.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Kate and "Wills". With their false smiles. Harry, at least, had the sense to pack it all in. Crazy that he gets more criticism for that than Andrew does for his dodgier connections.

International

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    they are not normal and never will be.Charles has done most to damage the Royal family with the way he treated Diana.That is something that still lives on today.
    Prince of Wales gets sick with the virus and buggers off to Scotland to recover. Whats wrong with his home in Wales shows us utter disrespect.
    Which home is that?
    BTW I think he was already in Scotland when he got scik.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Which home is that?
    BTW I think he was already in Scotland when he got scik.
    He has a home called llwynywermod near llandovery.It is my understanding he travelled to Scotland when he became ill.

The girl on Sky is nice and normal - Rhiannan Mills - whose dad was the Chief Medical Officer dealing with the Aberfan disaster.

And before anyone says that the Royal Family bring in tourist revenue: the position of Head of State in any country should not be about attracting tourists. If that were the case, Mickey Mouse should be the US president.

On second thoughts.....

And before anyone says that the Royal Family bring in tourist revenue: the position of Head of State in any country should not be about attracting tourists. If that were the case, Mickey Mouse should be the US president.

On second thoughts.....
    That tickled both me and the missus

If they live in flats where else would they go? But I don't quite get the point of mentioning flats in particular.
    Sorry not well worded. Was getting at the point that there’s a reasonable chance that they are living in a property that is of a lesser size than Buckingham palace but bow down to the monarchy as though they’re better than anyone 👍

International

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Sorry not well worded. Was getting at the point that there’s a reasonable chance that they are living in a property that is of a lesser size than Buckingham palace but bow down to the monarchy as though they’re better than anyone ��
    I got that, I was only playing, should have put a smiley on the end. sorry!!

On second thoughts.....
    Also, the Tower Of London etc will still be there should you care to visit. Buckingham Palace could be open to the public too. I imagine it must be quite nice on the other side of those gates.

I got that, I was only playing, should have put a smiley on the end. sorry!!
    Wouldn’t want anyone thinking I was dissing flats!