+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Crime during Lockdown

Crime during Lockdown

Just reading the news from around the country and can't believe the amount of crime during this lock down especially stabbings . Whats this country coming too

This afternoon a young man has been stabbed to death in smethwick west midlands after it looks like a gang fight . Its trending on twitter right now with some graphic pics and videos . A murder investigation is under way . Don't think this incident has reached the tabloids yet

I thought showing videos of graphic nature were banned from social media these days ?

Re: Crime during Lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Just reading the news from around the country and can't believe the amount of crime during this lock down especially stabbings . Whats this country coming too

This afternoon a young man has been stabbed to death in smethwick west midlands after it looks like a gang fight . Its trending on twitter right now with some graphic pics and videos . A murder investigation is under way . Don't think this incident has reached the tabloids yet

I thought showing videos of graphic nature were banned from social media these days ?
    Has crime gone up during the lockdown? I would've thought that domestic crime has risen dramatically due to lockdown.

Crime rate down 28% overall, incidents of domestic violence up 3% says this article:-

Crime in UK falls sharply since start of coronavirus lockdown - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...virus-lockdown

haven't got any figures relating to crime from anywhere but tonight i read quite a few stabbings around the country in London , Warwickshire , Leicestershire , smethwick and another 3 in solihull this weekend alone . A 14 year old has been arrested in connection with the ones in Solihull . seems like no let up against knife crime in parts of the uk even under lock down

haven't got any figures relating to crime from anywhere but tonight i read quite a few stabbings around the country in London , Warwickshire , Leicestershire , smethwick and another 3 in solihull this weekend alone . A 14 year old has been arrested in connection with the ones in Solihull . seems like no let up against knife crime in parts of the uk even under lock down
    People still need drugs.... If Alcohol was banned tomorrow we'd see people getting murdered on a daily basis..

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Crime rate down 28% overall, incidents of domestic violence up 3% says this article:-

Crime in UK falls sharply since start of coronavirus lockdown - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...virus-lockdown
    I bet that there's more in terms of domestic violence, just not being reported. Got to feel sorry for the kids as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    People still need drugs.... If Alcohol was banned tomorrow we'd see people getting murdered on a daily basis..
    When all this started it was mandated by the state that liquor stores were essential businesses. Bars, restaurants, shops etc all shut down. I should imagine alcohol consumption has remained exactly the same. It would have been messy to start with, but imagine if no-one had had a drink for 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    When all this started it was mandated by the state that liquor stores were essential businesses. Bars, restaurants, shops etc all shut down. I should imagine alcohol consumption has remained exactly the same. It would have been messy to start with, but imagine if no-one had had a drink for 30 days.
    Exactly, then we'd see the fruits of alcohol dependency. ****ing carnage!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Alcohol is banned in South Africa during lockdown, my mate tells me it would be lawless if the masses had access to it.

Crazy, can’t be keeping 2 metres if they’re stabbing, best lock them up

My grandson had his motor scooter pinched in the early hours of the morning 3 weeks ago, cut all the chains off and the sensor to start it, couldnt so they pushed it away. Barstewards.
    It was needed for him to get to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    My grandson had his motor scooter pinched in the early hours of the morning 3 weeks ago, cut all the chains off and the sensor to start it, couldnt so they pushed it away. Barstewards.
    It was needed for him to get to work.
    That's shocking. I take it no luck getting it back, was he able to get anything off his insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    That's shocking. I take it no luck getting it back, was he able to get anything off his insurance?
    Insurance pailying out less excess of £450. But he can’t get a replacement until lockdown is over.

That's terrible, hope the bastards get caught

There were fires set off in Wales last week too. It's truly shocking.

Must admit, did think this thread might be about Priti Patel claiming crime going down as a success. Secret Barrister has some thoughts on how Home Secretary jumps to headline grabbing news:
    https://twitter.com/BarristerSecret/...65617532715009

Once again, the Home Secretary surveys our broken justice system - closed courts; the 7% prosecution rate; underfunded police, CPS & legal aid; dangerously overcrowded, death-ridden prisons; and in her wisdom concludes that “putting more people in those prisons” is the priority.

Not a single emergency worker will be made any safer by this change. And they of course know this. They know that making someone serve an extra few months in our disgusting prisons will achieve nothing to prevent reoffending.

But the Home Secretary takes them all for fools...…

(thread continues)

You would imagine that the so-called County Lines have been affected by the Lockdown.

This Country? England is a totally different animal to Wales and trends on the other side of the border do not necessarily reflect trends within our country. I think it’s inaccurate to read the english/british tabloids and think that in anyway is reflected within Wales.

I see it as more of a foreign news story than a national one.