+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When was the last time you handled cash (or got petrol)

When was the last time you handled cash (or got petrol)

Not seen a note of the realm in weeks, and don't think I'll bother anymore. Cashless is so much easier.

Also not bought petrol for about six weeks.

Re: When was the last time you handled cash (or got petrol)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Not seen a note of the realm in weeks, and don't think I'll bother anymore. Cashless is so much easier.

Very reluctantly started using my card to pay for even the smallest transactions, wasn't initially keen on it, but think that's an age thing (60), and I'm sure it'll soon be the norm. I'm not even getting receipts which is progress. Bought petrol twice on Saturday, drove from Barry to Aberdeen in a hire car, no flights. Roads were a dream. Was home for seven weeks and topped my car up once.

I used cash on Saturday and I'm another who hasn't bought petrol in six weeks.

Yesterday, put £40 of diesel in the van. Bought a paper on Saturday morning (for the telly pullout). Shopped with cash regularly these last few weeks as always.

Gave the wife’s cousin £2.50p for getting 2 bags of flour (one plain, one self raising) from a little corner shop in ROATH, as no flour in any of the big super markets

I actually bought petrol with cash yesterday. What do I win?

Only used cash as card machine wasn't working.

Used cash to pay for lottery tickets at Co-op.

They are happy to sell tickets and handle cash but refuse to pay out any winnings - apparently its due to "government legislation".

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    I actually bought petrol with cash yesterday. What do I win?

Only used cash as card machine wasn't working.
    Think theres only prizes if it was also for a non essential journey and you licked the pump

Largely cashless for a long time but did occasionally draw a few notes out, last time probably just prior to lockdown.

Only had to get petrol twice since lockdown now I'm working from home 3 out of 5 days. Last week being the last, only one of two on the forecourt at 5.30pm was a bit weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Not used cash this year I don't think?

Car is full and not be used at all, I may need some petrol for the mower though, I'm doing more miles on that then the car!

Just put £50 worth of fuel in the car, paid in reddies

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Gave the wife’s cousin £2.50p for getting 2 bags of flour (one plain, one self raising) from a little corner shop in ROATH, as no flour in any of the big super markets
    De-floured?

no cash or petrol for about six weeks - also turned the car engines over yesterday - first start up for about 3 weeks - smell of petrol was horrendous

Just put £50 worth of fuel in the car, paid in reddies
    Red diesel?

years ago

I filled up about a quarter of a tank a fortnight ago, or so, because the fuel was cheap and there was no queue. Hardly been anywhere in the car since.
    As for cash, the post office round the corner wont take cards under a fiver so had to use cash for the first time in ages to buy bread. I commented at the time that using cash is an unusual experience and still have notes in my wallet since before Christmas. Anyway, we should all be making the transition to human chip and pin. Not long now and we'll all be microchipped. Touch and go.😊
    Last edited by IanD; 27-04-20 at 09:47. Reason: Spolling. No such thing as a pist office.

International

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I filled up about a quarter of a tank a fortnight ago, or so, because the fuel was cheap and there was no queue. Hardly been anywhere in the car since.
    As for cash, the post office round the corner wont take cards under a fiver so had to use cash for the first time in ages to buy bread. I commented at the time that using cash is an unusual experience and still have notes in my wallet since before Christmas. Anyway, we should all be making the transition to human chip and pin. Not long now and we'll all be microchipped. Touch and go.��
    Will that mean a girl can empty your bank account literally while you are bonking her and not weait until you marry her?

I avoid the contactless cards - had wallet stolen, the scum made a number of transactions up to £30. Was able to get the cash back and reported the pattern of purchases / locations down to exact stores to police but nothing was done.

I'd rather take a few extra seconds entering PIN than the hassle of that again.

International

topped my car up last week while its cheap, about £30. Paid by card at the pump. I've had £60 in my pocket since 21 Mar, forgot it was there until she was washing the jeans and found it, then it sat on the window sill till yesterday.

Feedback

I'm currently getting six weeks to the gallon

The corner shops have been a godsend last few weeks. Hope everyone remembers when this is all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    The corner shops have been a godsend last few weeks. Hope everyone remembers when this is all over.
    You think?

Cornershops have had reduced custom due to higher prices than supermarkets. Why is covid-19 going to change people's views? It's the same as those complaining about high street stores closing yet using the internet to buy at lower prices.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Will that mean a girl can empty your bank account literally while you are bonking her and not weait until you marry her?
    Depends which part of your anatomy is chipped....and where she places the receiver!

Not bought Gas for about 5 weeks, but will get some tonight after work, last time i used cash was last Friday, £4 to our lotto syndicate.
    they won a million pounds here about 8 years ago, 10 of them in it at the time £100k ea. it was the postcode thingy or someting like that.

Haven't needed to put any diesel in the car for 5 weeks and still have half a tank left.
    Just queued to get into the Tesco Metro in Treforest and it makes you wonder , as the worker they had checking the queue outside was physically handing out cards to ask you to go online and tell them how you felt they were dealing with the situation. Not handing out business cards to everyone would be a bloody start!!