+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess which airport is the worlds busiest according to passenger numbers ?

Guess which airport is the worlds busiest according to passenger numbers ?

It's not Heathrow

Re: Guess which airport is the worlds busiest according to passenger numbers ?

Atlanta ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's not Heathrow
    Rhoose.

East Midlands.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcP View Post
    Atlanta ?
    Correct

Google ?

I was surprised , I thought Heathrow, New York , Chicago , Amsterdam etc

But apparently Atlanta is the worlds busiest transport hub

Correct

Google ?

we travelled from orlando via Atlanta last trip, its fairly big but so well set-up, just one monorail to connect all terminals, as in most airports in the center is a food / shopping area ( which was great ), i would use it as a layover anytime

it is also home the DELTA airlines which will explain a fair % of its traffic

as a side note, i saw this on a poster ( and they announce how proud they are on it on the monorail ) Atlanta has 13 military bases local to it

Correct

Google ?

It is hardly a secret. There was a documentary set there a few years ago called something like The Worlds Busiest Airport

Correct

Google ?

I remember Merthyr beating them in the Cup Winners Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I remember Merthyr beating them in the Cup Winners Cup.

Correct

Google ?

Got to be fake news.....hands up if you’ve been there

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Mostly domestic US flights in/out of Atlanta. Heathrow is busier for international traffic.

ive flown there, we started in Atlanta and did a road trip eventually to Key West, exhausting trip

I’ve been through there, I think it’s a delta hub for the states so loads of internal flights connect there.

Isn’t it the place where all lost luggage is sent ???

America's version of Crewe.��

It's not Heathrow
    O’Hare, Chicago?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    O’Hare, Chicago?
    I remember him at Derby & Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    It is hardly a secret. There was a documentary set there a few years ago called something like The Worlds Busiest Airport
    Yeah we all watched it.

We went through there flying to and from Lima. It seemed to be a major hub for domestic flights and a major transit airport for international flights to and from South America. Surprised it's the busiest though.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I think if you asked the vast majority of people what was the worlds busiest airport in passenger numbers they wouldnt atlanta

Heathrow , New York, Chicago, Paris, amsterdam

In america maybe big city airports like washington , Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles , San Francisco

But atlanta ? It's not even a big city in american terms

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    O’Hare, Chicago?
    That's what I thought

Atlanta airport is massive. You often fly in alongside other planes landing on different runways. And if you have to connect there the distance between terminals can be massive. Once it took us an hour to get from one side of the airport to the other meaning you are susceptible to missing your connection; your baggage is offloaded but miraculously you and your luggage gets to its final destination with relative ease. If you miss one connection just catch another as Delta seems to have capacity to take passengers who missed their allocated flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Atlanta airport is massive. You often fly in alongside other planes landing on different runways. And if you have to connect there the distance between terminals can be massive. Once it took us an hour to get from one side of the airport to the other meaning you are susceptible to missing your connection; your baggage is offloaded but miraculously you and your luggage gets to its final destination with relative ease. If you miss one connection just catch another as Delta seems to have capacity to take passengers who missed their allocated flight.
    More likely to miss your flight trying to get through immigration, I try to get an aisle seat as far forward as I can now ready for a swift exit. As you say, if you miss one it's 'Oh sorry sir, you'll have to catch the next one'. Some mighty fat people work in Atlanta airport too.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

as a side note, i saw this on a poster ( and they announce how proud they are on it on the monorail ) Atlanta has 13 military bases local to it

There a domestic airport at Columbus about 20 miles from Ft Benning but if you’re flying international Atlanta is easier. Takes about 1.5 hours to the base. I visited once the 198th Infantry Brigade. I remember the weather was steaming, high 30s. Fk all that running about n temperatures like that