+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lockdown quiz number 5.

Re: Lockdown quiz number 5.

Regarding the Robin Friday answer, it does fit the clue so I cannot say it is wrong, but, as Enoch would say, it's not the answer on the card.

As for the other player besides Glatzel in question one, they came up with Lee Peltier on the other board and, again that's not wrong, but I was talking about the current squad when I set the question. Apologies for not making that clear, but I've amended the question slightly now - there is another player that hasn't been named yet.

9 was not an anagram, but there is another one in there which hasn't been got yet.

17. Darren Purse

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    17. Darren Purse
    Well done . I make it there is still one of the answers to no.1 and the player I had in mind with no. 9 to get.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well done . I make it there is still one of the answers to no.1 and the player I had in mind with no. 9 to get.
    Rob Page for 9

Not sure if Tom Sang is the answer for 1, he was at Bolton before Man United though.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Rob Page for 9

Not sure if Tom Sang is the answer for 1, he was at Bolton before Man United though.
    Rob Page is right and Sang is the player I had in mind - I know he was at Bolton, but I thought he was only a junior there and Man United were his first contracted club.

That's the lot answered then, well done to all who took part.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Rob Page is right and Sang is the player I had in mind - I know he was at Bolton, but I thought he was only a junior there and Man United were his first contracted club.

That's the lot answered then, well done to all who took part.
    Thanks again, good questions. Appreciate it.

My contribution to the no 9 question is Alfred Steel who played in goals for us in the 1949/50 season, Alfred being Batman's butler. I also thought of Eric Steele of more recent times but could not think of anyone in the cast of "Upstairs Downstairs" called Eric.

Thanks for the quiz Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    My contribution to the no 9 question is Alfred Steel who played in goals for us in the 1949/50 season, Alfred being Batman's butler. I also thought of Eric Steele of more recent times but could not think of anyone in the cast of "Upstairs Downstairs" called Eric.

Thanks for the quiz Paul
    Well done Rob, I'll have to mention him as well then in my amended answer to question nine, but I suspect you could count the number of people who read the quiz and knew about him on one finger ,