+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tenby And Saundersfoot

Tenby And Saundersfoot

Sad to see them deserted today

Loved going for short breaks down these places

When you have the weather you can have such a laugh down west

Anyone remember the night owl and sands nightclubs ?

Wet t shirt competitions in the eighties

Boob Olympics, titsnade zoo

Great times

Newquay was great too

Never really bothered with the wild rugged side of west wales , tenby and saundersfoot were like a posh porthcawl back in the day

Re: Tenby And Saundersfoot

I so much prefer Saundesfoot .

As a kid, we often went to Aberafan bech., it was always packed.
    Tried taking my kids there some yeas ago, it waslike lockdown. Not a soul in sight, no chipvans/ icecream vans etc.
    What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sad to see them deserted today

Loved going for short breaks down these places

When you have the weather you can have such a laugh down west

Anyone remember the night owl and sands nightclubs ?

Wet t shirt competitions in the eighties

Boob Olympics, titsnade zoo

Great times

Newquay was great too

Never really bothered with the wild rugged side of west wales , tenby and saundersfoot were like a posh porthcawl back in the day
    I live a few miles from Tenby. Daughter and grandson live a few miles from Saundersfoot. It's been awful for all of us, given the great weather not to be able to go down there.
    Saundersfoot hasn't changed over the years, some good drinking pubs, restaurants and Sands. Has a nice family atmosphere and even the drinking in the summer evenings doesn't seem to spoil it.
    Tenby is a boozers paradise, with stag and hens filling the place on weekends. I love the place, but there is a different feel about it to Saundersfoot.
    I hope we will see you back down this way before long Sludge. Dont think you'll be disappointed.
    For totty best go Tenby. Plenty of grannies on the lookout on a Saturday night.

Had many a good night in Sands.

Always seemed to be loads of City fans there as well from all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I live a few miles from Tenby. Daughter and grandson live a few miles from Saundersfoot. It's been awful for all of us, given the great weather not to be able to go down there.
    Saundersfoot hasn't changed over the years, some good drinking pubs, restaurants and Sands. Has a nice family atmosphere and even the drinking in the summer evenings doesn't seem to spoil it.
    Tenby is a boozers paradise, with stag and hens filling the place on weekends. I love the place, but there is a different feel about it to Saundersfoot.
    I hope we will see you back down this way before long Sludge. Dont think you'll be disappointed.
    For totty best go Tenby. Plenty of grannies on the lookout on a Saturday night.
    I used to go fishing off the sea wall at saundersfoot

We used to stay at hedges caravan park

Great days

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Had many a good night in Sands.

Always seemed to be loads of City fans there as well from all over the place.
    I used to see loads of city tops in both tenby and saundersfoot

Obviously its predominantly swansea city land but you always bump into city fans , went for a kebab in tenby one night , as you do , and the owner had a bluebird pin badge on

Had some right nights in sands late 80’s. Remember I walked into the hean pub one eve to meet about 20 mates who told me they’d be in there, I think we’d just been promoted in 88, It was full of really pissed up wolves fans who weren’t at all pleased to see my cccfc t shirt. All my mates had buggered off to the Royal Oak instead. Just about escaped with my life. Loved walking over the harbour late at night when a storm was brewing. Seen waves come over the harbour wall and sink boats the other side.....

We used to have a static caravan in nearby Ludchurch.
    We were always down the beach at Coppet Hall Beach.
    I was too young for Sands, but I used to spend too long in Booths next door with about 20p in my pocket, which was a bit daft as my Dad was in the arcade machine trade anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I was too young for Sands, but I used to spend too long in Booths next door with about 20p in my pocket, which was a bit daft as my Dad was in the arcade machine trade anyway!
    You are never too young for sands

It was like a youth club some nights

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I used to go fishing off the sea wall at saundersfoot

We used to stay at hedges caravan park

Great days
    once caught 54 mackerel from a dinghy just off the beach in the early 70’s. remember the Old Chemists on the Strand?

Happy Days!

Be safe buddy!

Cheers, TIB

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    once caught 54 mackerel from a dinghy just off the beach in the early 70’s. remember the Old Chemists on the Strand?

Happy Days!

Be safe buddy!

Cheers, TIB
    The Chemists is still there. Grotty as evet@

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Arcade still there if you've still got 20p spare.Nothing really changes in Saundersfoot. Having said last few years Harbour authorities have got their mitts on grants and harbour area being massively upgraded You must come back down when this virus is over.

only had 2 nights out in Tenby as a youngster, both ended up in brawls with Jacks, both nights seemed to be " meet up in a pub " go to a club ( not sure of the name ) wander around, bump into more city lads and that was it, a mob

had a week down in a haven park , was it kiln park ? ? ? when the girls were younger, it peed down the entire week, we stuck it for a few days and then headed home, only time it stopped raining was when we went to Caldey island

Arcade still there if you've still got 20p spare.Nothing really changes in Saundersfoot. Having said last few years Harbour authorities have got their mitts on grants and harbour area being massively upgraded You must come back down when this virus is over.
    I still go back every year with the family. We stay at Scolton Cottages bear Haverfordwest and would’ve been there in Easter...
    We always have lunch in Harbwr in Saundersfoot, which is part of Tenby Brewery.

Happy Days!

Be safe buddy!

Cheers, TIB
    My folks had one of those flats along the strand, right at the end before the tunnel. Chemist inn was nice with a garden in to the beach I think. Has saundersfoot gone a bit upmarket in the last 20 years since I’ve last been?

Be interested to see what they’ve done with it. Think there was just a shop at the end when I went, possibly a small cafe too.

Broadhaven for me - used to be caravans when we were younger now it’s a cottage.
    Walk around the point at low tide to little haven, then back over the hill when pissed and tide in!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    My folks had one of those flats along the strand, right at the end before the tunnel. Chemist inn was nice with a garden in to the beach I think. Has saundersfoot gone a bit upmarket in the last 20 years since I’ve last been?
    Quite right about the Chemist. The access straight into the beach from the Strand is great.
    Things have changed in Saundersfoot over the years and probably the shops/cafes are a better quality overall, but I think that just reflects a general trend. It still attracts the same sort of crowd from Cardiff, Swansea and the valleys.
    It's a really pleasant friendly holiday destination which I think differentiates it from Tenby, which is bigger and more impersonal.
    Amazing how quiet these places go out of season. Suspect the amount of people in Saundersfoot today is the same as in February!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Broadhaven for me - used to be caravans when we were younger now it’s a cottage.
    Walk around the point at low tide to little haven, then back over the hill when pissed and tide in!
    Great walk. Rounded off by a pint in the Swan?
    The point at Little Haven where you can see the whole of St Brides bay one of my favourite places in Pembrokeshire.
    Been a bit of a controversy in the Havens over the amount of 2nd home owners who escaped down here.

The Chemists is still there. Grotty as evet@
    I remember they had a space invaders machine tabletop version in the front bar.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Be interested to see what they’ve done with it. Think there was just a shop at the end when I went, possibly a small cafe too.
    At the far end of the harbour there was a chandler's and boat repairers. That's now being developed into a marine centre. Adjacent to the car park there has always been a cafe, the Marina. Is that the one you mean?

I remember they had a space invaders machine tabletop version in the front bar.
    Lol.
    Dont remember that but the Chemists was never a regular haunt.

Great walk. Rounded off by a pint in the Swan?
    The point at Little Haven where you can see the whole of St Brides bay one of my favourite places in Pembrokeshire.
    Been a bit of a controversy in the Havens over the amount of 2nd home owners who escaped down here.
    Has there? I’ve got a place down there, it’s registered as a business let and has been for 10 years. Haven’t even considered going down as the kids would have more fun here at home to be honest. I might pop down in a week or two ( I can on my own as it’s a business not a 2nd home) as I desperately need to paint the place before the deluge of people booking at the moment arrrive in July.
    The amount of enquiries I’ve had this week from people who were booked to go to France or spain is crazy......

Lol.
    Dont remember that but the Chemists was never a regular haunt.
    I remember that table top....loved it.