+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How can Jersey be so far ahead of us ?

Re: How can Jersey be so far ahead of us ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Alternatively, we may be able to go back to the old normal within a couple of months, or by the end of the year.

Nobody knows.
    Absolutely, nobody knows, so I dont think we can continue to sit around waiting, there has to be some plan, which although the messages are getting a little bit confusing amongst the different UK countries it seems we are going to try and ease out of it soon.

I don’t see us going back to normal in a couple of months though. I think Summer 2020 is effectively cancelled.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It’s not sustainable. Unfortunately a lot of scrupulous business men are more savvy than those in charge of government. A Tory government being taken by surprise at the amount of greedy businesses claiming furlough is somewhat ironic.

I would be seriously concerned if I was on furlough, I think people on furlough need to be aware that some companies are operating fairly well without their efforts. The ones I talk to think it's "great", "Full wage and I'm sat in the garden" type comments. I don't want to see people struggle, but this is the same Government that used to be disparaging against people on benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It always bother me when people use a particular number of years to show and average. Being a suspicious bastard I always wonder if the didn't do longer because it would tend to disprove what they are trying to prove. Of course it is not always so. Similarly when they show graphs and the reverences are skewed to make the rise or fall seem greater or less again depending on what they are trying to prove.

It reminds me of the university who are always talking about global warming putting up information that was later proved to have been altered to rpove their argument. If a university will do it who else will? (University of East Anglia??)
    The 5 year average is a standard data point used by the ONS for comparison purposes and government policy planning.

Absolutely, nobody knows, so I dont think we can continue to sit around waiting, there has to be some plan, which although the messages are getting a little bit confusing amongst the different UK countries it seems we are going to try and ease out of it soon.

I don’t see us going back to normal in a couple of months though. I think Summer 2020 is effectively cancelled.
    It was clearly meant to be a unified plan amongst the uk nations but Drakeford and sturgeon just had to rub their bollocks in bo jos face coz he’s a Tory after all.....just marking their territory out

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It was clearly meant to be a unified plan amongst the uk nations but Drakeford and sturgeon just had to rub their bollocks in bo jos face coz he’s a Tory after all.....just marking their territory out
    Really? Which message do you think is clearer tonight? The "Stay Alert" one, or the "Stay Home" one?

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Really? Which message do you think is clearer tonight? The "Stay Alert" one, or the "Stay Home" one?
    It doesn't really matter does it?

Certainly not for 3 or 4 months. They bowed to pressure from business to extend it to 80% for June and I think they should have considered sliding it downwards from June not July.
    The 2.5k max should have been slid down not the %

I would be seriously concerned if I was on furlough, I think people on furlough need to be aware that some companies are operating fairly well without their efforts. The ones I talk to think it's "great", "Full wage and I'm sat in the garden" type comments. I don't want to see people struggle, but this is the same Government that used to be disparaging against people on benefits.
    There was full scale rows up with us. We’ve got printers on over 50k a year so they were kicking off because they didn’t want to be furloughed, so it was a case of “Why an I furloughed and he isn’t??” then at the other end of the scale you had people going ape shit because they weren’t furloughed, totally oblivious to the bigger picture.

Then one guy who was furloughed got asked to come back on after 3 weeks as the company had furloughed too many and needed some back and he was going mental as he was only get 15 a day more take home pay than if he was sitting in the house and by time take my lunch out of it, coffees. Etc.etc its not worth me working

Stay home is obviously clearer but people are going to have to come out to play at some point, when they are allowed out, bless them, they will need to remember how to behave, or stay alert as it’s called. I’ve seen some insane acts of apparent social distancing in tescos recently, maybe people are so thick they need lessons, a bit like a driving test? Another dumb bitch walking through b&q coughing away down the middle aisle, clearly she wasn’t there for anything essential and she got the dogs abuse for it too. It will be 10 weeks at the end of this month, are we China?

And will be again in 3..2..1...

Repeat after me...there is no magic money tree...

Banned

It doesn't really matter does it?
    If someone is bringing up that the plan is not "unified", and claiming the Scottish and Welsh divergence is the result of spitefulness, then I think it is completely fair to ask which message is clearer. So, unfortunately, it does matter.

International

There is only one message, stay at home!!!

Banned

There is only one message, stay at home!!!
    That's not what Boris Johnson was saying tonight was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    The 2.5k max should have been slid down not the %
    2.5k max would slide with percentage

So 60% of 30k a year max

Banned

There was full scale rows up with us. We’ve got printers on over 50k a year so they were kicking off because they didn’t want to be furloughed, so it was a case of “Why an I furloughed and he isn’t??” then at the other end of the scale you had people going ape shit because they weren’t furloughed, totally oblivious to the bigger picture.

Then one guy who was furloughed got asked to come back on after 3 weeks as the company had furloughed too many and needed some back and he was going mental as he was only get 15 a day more take home pay than if he was sitting in the house and by time take my lunch out of it, coffees. Etc.etc its not worth me working

I've not been furloughed, but wages have been cut back as hours are cut back. Working from home, though, and I worked 40 hours last week including the Friday. If I don't get the work done (and there is the same amount of it as before), I will have to justify what I am doing in my supposed 25 hours a week. But, all things considered, this situation is more preferable than being furloughed. Hope I am wrong, but I can see a lot of these workers being made redundant when the Government money stops coming in.

International

The problem on this board and with certain politicians is they want it both ways. the rule in wales is Stay home, it is not open for debate.
    But when it suits them they blame the Westminster government and when it suits a different argument the say we are devolved and what The Welsh government says is what matters
    On the welsh news this evening you had a BBC so called expert saying The PM was wrong to say school could open from 1 June, but he never said that, its just that what he actually said didn't suit their narrative. What he actually said was that they were in talks and looking at data for schools reopening but it will not happen before 1 June. A totally different thing. The talker also chose to completely ignore the fact that as these things are devolved so what the PM said is of no consequence to what happens in wales.
    Behind him came a welsh politician saying the Wales can lift the lockdown anytime and in any way they like without any reference to Westminster because the decision process was devolved and in our own hands. In his next breath he the bemoaned the fact that the lockdown had been started late blaming the Westminster government, conveniently avoiding the fact that the decision is devolved and so the welsh government could have done it anyway.

Double standards all the time! But you can't have it both ways.
    It doesn't matter which side of the argument you stand on, you cannot have it this way when it suits you and another way when it doesn't.

I've not been furloughed, but wages have been cut back as hours are cut back. Working from home, though, and I worked 40 hours last week including the Friday. If I don't get the work done (and there is the same amount of it as before), I will have to justify what I am doing in my supposed 25 hours a week. But, all things considered, this situation is more preferable than being furloughed. Hope I am wrong, but I can see a lot of these workers being made redundant when the Government money stops coming in.
    Yep as soon as they start kicking off about going back to work when the freebie runs out

International

That's not what Boris Johnson was saying tonight was it?
    Read my post above. The welsh government keeps telling us what he says on this matter has nothing to do with Wales. But they'll still blame him when it fcuks up.

The problem on this board and with certain politicians is they want it both ways. the rule in wales is Stay home, it is not open for debate.
    But when it suits them they blame the Westminster government and when i wet suits a different argument the say we are devolved and what The Welsh government says is what matters
    On the welsh news this evening you had a BBC so called expert saying The PM was wrong to say school could open from 1 June, but he never said that, its just that what he actually said didn't suit their narrative. What he actually said was that they were in talks and looking at data for schools reopening but it will not happen before 1 June. A totally different thing. The talker also chose to completely ignore the fact that as these things are devolved so what the PM said is of no consequence to what happens in wales.
    Behind him came a welsh politician saying the Wales can lift the lockdown anytime and in any way they like without any reference to Westminster because the decision process was devolved and in our own hands. In his next breath he the bemoaned the fact that the lockdown had been started late blaming the Westminster government, conveniently avoiding the fact that the decision is devolved and so the welsh government could have done it anyway.

Double standards all the time! But you can't have it both ways.
    It doesn't matter which side of the argument you stand on, you cannot have it this way when it suits you and another way when it doesn't.
    They all wanted to go and watch wales v Scotland remember, when forced to cancel they then threw the toys out the pram and blamed Westminster, comedy gold......

Furlough is one step from redundancy, I’m surprised people can’t see that.

We took a 20% temporary pay cut before furlough and were expected to do less hours from home but I was doing more as I just couldn’t get to grips with working from home. Not with the kids off school.

Then when they furloughed the staff we were back up to 100% and I’m back in the office. I’ve done a fair bit of overtime which don’t get paid for but as you say rather that than be furloughed.

I was nearly furloughed for being too vocal about the owner taking the piss with the amount of people furloughed and the strain it’s leaving on the rest of us, but without blowing my own trumpet it was a hollow offer they know they would be cutting their nose off to spite their face if they furloughed me.

The first thing I tend to look at though are the parameters of the graph, as in how close or apart the lines may be and such like, and then the time line.
    This might be the stupidest thing I’ve ever read. Like it was written by someone who has not looked at a graph since GCSE maths.

Furlough money is a forerunner to Universal Basic Income, or people's QE. Similar thing with handing £20 per week extra to Universal Credit claimants for the next year. The government is wary of a restless population.

2.5k max would slide with percentage

So 60% of 30k a year max
    Why does someone on 30k need more free money to live than someone on 20k? Why does someone on 30k deserve more money for sitting on their arse at home? In a few months someone doing to feck all will be on 90 quid a week.

This is one of the reasons why framing the scheme around maintaining jobs was a mistake. The other major reason is that firms are still going to lay people off at the end of it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Furlough is one step from redundancy, I’m surprised people can’t see that.
    Some companies are operating fine (albeit with lower production) without the furloughed workers. Those companies that are furloughing all their staff are likely to be returning as a smaller concern. The bigger companies will be thinking "How do we automate this so that, the next time a pandemic happens, we can carry on as normal". There will be reassessments in all companies, I think. "Efficiencies" is a word I expect to hear a lot of.