+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How can Jersey be so far ahead of us ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How can Jersey be so far ahead of us ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post

I would be seriously concerned if I was on furlough, I think people on furlough need to be aware that some companies are operating fairly well without their efforts. The ones I talk to think it's "great", "Full wage and I'm sat in the garden" type comments. I don't want to see people struggle, but this is the same Government that used to be disparaging against people on benefits.
    There was full scale rows up with us. We’ve got printers on over 50k a year so they were kicking off because they didn’t want to be furloughed, so it was a case of “Why an I furloughed and he isn’t??” then at the other end of the scale you had people going ape shit because they weren’t furloughed, totally oblivious to the bigger picture.

Then one guy who was furloughed got asked to come back on after 3 weeks as the company had furloughed too many and needed some back and he was going mental as he was only get 15 a day more take home pay than if he was sitting in the house and by time take my lunch out of it, coffees. Etc.etc its not worth me working

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    There was full scale rows up with us. We’ve got printers on over 50k a year so they were kicking off because they didn’t want to be furloughed, so it was a case of “Why an I furloughed and he isn’t??” then at the other end of the scale you had people going ape shit because they weren’t furloughed, totally oblivious to the bigger picture.

Then one guy who was furloughed got asked to come back on after 3 weeks as the company had furloughed too many and needed some back and he was going mental as he was only get 15 a day more take home pay than if he was sitting in the house and by time take my lunch out of it, coffees. Etc.etc its not worth me working

I've not been furloughed, but wages have been cut back as hours are cut back. Working from home, though, and I worked 40 hours last week including the Friday. If I don't get the work done (and there is the same amount of it as before), I will have to justify what I am doing in my supposed 25 hours a week. But, all things considered, this situation is more preferable than being furloughed. Hope I am wrong, but I can see a lot of these workers being made redundant when the Government money stops coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post

I've not been furloughed, but wages have been cut back as hours are cut back. Working from home, though, and I worked 40 hours last week including the Friday. If I don't get the work done (and there is the same amount of it as before), I will have to justify what I am doing in my supposed 25 hours a week. But, all things considered, this situation is more preferable than being furloughed. Hope I am wrong, but I can see a lot of these workers being made redundant when the Government money stops coming in.
    Yep as soon as they start kicking off about going back to work when the freebie runs out