+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Illegal immigrants in the chanel

Banned

Re: Illegal immigrants in the chanel

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I understand all that but the keep coming because they hope that eventually they will be allowed to stay and then get the benefits, and this is born out for them by the stories that get back to them, whether they are right or wrong.
    So these illegal immigrants are not being allowed to stay? Is that before or after they get their NI Number?

You need to mention this to xsnaggle because he thinks we're a soft touch.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Could this be a whoosh?
    100% whoosh, I got what you did and liked it a hell of a lot

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    100% whoosh, I got what you did and liked it a hell of a lot
    Thank-you.

I understand all that but the keep coming because they hope that eventually they will be allowed to stay and then get the benefits, and this is born out for them by the stories that get back to them, whether they are right or wrong.
    In which case they apply to become refugees. My understanding is that people who come here illegally and then try and get refugee status are very often refused and deported.

Ask yourself why the government hasn't done more to weed out illegal immigrants, to stop them coming in to the country. Ask yourself why this government has done little to prevent immigration overall. It's all about people coming here to do jobs that are needed or that British people won't do. It's about cheap labour. Illegal immigrants are fantastic for an unscrupulous employer. They have no rights, will do anything for little money or face being reported as an illegal. They help our economy without taking anything from it. They keep costs down so unscrupulous bosses can make more money and keep prices down. That's why governments turn a blind eye to it.

More to the point, a small number of people from ravaged countries travel in almost suicidal conditions, desperately trying to avoid capture to work in such awful conditions. Makes you wonder how bad things must be for them.

Thank-you.

International

But it doesn't answer the question of why the European countries they arrive in don't process them and deal with them as EU law requires them to, does it?

That was the initial point, why, when they pick them up at sea, don't they return them whence they came, ie, France or Belgium?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There seems to be a bit of a pattern to Mr Snaggles posts.
    Are you going to say what this pattern is that you've noticed? Or are you avoiding the question?

Banned

But it doesn't answer the question of why the European countries they arrive in don't process them and deal with them as EU law requires them to, does it?

That was the initial point, why, when they pick them up at sea, don't they return them whence they came, ie, France or Belgium?
    Why would the French and Belgians take them when they have NI Numbers? Hundreds of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's our colonial past for a lot of them mr x , we are seen as the mother country due to our time when we ruled the waves , same reason why so many head to holland
    This. Many foreigners see Britain as a land of opportunity and of milk and honey, despite the reality isn’t as great as it seems

No its not. it's because they see this country as a soft touch, but more to blame are the french and others that deliberately don't take the action they should because they hope that the problem will go away when they get to the channel (Not the perfume lol)
    “Soft touch”? Immigrants and people of colour have to work twice as hard to get anywhere here

https://fullfact.org/immigration/ref...-safe-country/

International

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    This. Many foreigners see Britain as a land of opportunity and of milk and honey, despite the reality isn’t as great as it seems
    Oddly enough that is true even of other EU nationals. I have a good Italian friend, an architect living in richmond, who is originally from Sicily. He said that this country is far far better than Italy or anywhere else in europe and if after Brexit he was told to leave they would have to remove him kicking and screaming.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Please can we all stop distracting xsnaggle with facts? It's very off putting for him.

Please can we all stop distracting xsnaggle with facts? It's very off putting for him.
    Apologies. He has hinted he only prefers facts that match his opinions.

Are you going to say what this pattern is that you've noticed? Or are you avoiding the question?
    I reckon that you're a bit Xenophobic.

Oddly enough that is true even of other EU nationals. I have a good Italian friend, an architect living in richmond, who is originally from Sicily. He said that this country is far far better than Italy or anywhere else in europe and if after Brexit he was told to leave they would have to remove him kicking and screaming.
    Funnily, I have a close friend who I've known since we were 4. He's lived in Italy since his mid 20s. He reckons Italy is far, far better than anywhere else in Europe, UK included and would never, ever want to leave.

International

Apologies. He has hinted he only prefers facts that match his opinions.
    Not true, but what facts have you resented me with?

i'll say again, Why don't they return the people to where they came from when the find them at sea?

Isn't that something to celebrate?

Not true, but what facts have you resented me with?

i'll say again, Why don't they return the people to where they came from when the find them at sea?
    Read my link.

I was referring to your comments to Croesy earlier, where you say you're quick to dismiss stats, but that's only when you want to.

Banned

I reckon that you're a bit Xenophobic.
    I thought it was just me.

Isn't that something to celebrate?
    Absolutely. If he's living in Richmond he's done ok for himself.

Banned

Read my link.

I was referring to your comments to Croesy earlier, where you say you're quick to dismiss stats, but that's only when you want to.
    He knows how to read graphs though. If lines are close together he thinks "That's it, they're close together".

International

He knows how to read graphs though. If lines are close together he thinks "That's it, they're close together".
    typical, being insulting again, the man who says he is never insulting.
    what facts have you presented?

International

Read my link.

I didn't say I dismiss them I said I am skeptical because generally they are used to prove a person's point. no one uses a graph that tends to disprove the point they are trying to make obviously.

so in fact you haven't presented me with any facts, or have you? remember I'm supposed to be stupid so i may not remember.

Banned

typical, being insulting again, the man who says he is never insulting.
    what facts have you presented?
    I was being complimentary. You do know how to read graphs.