+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Illegal immigrants in the chanel

International

Re: Illegal immigrants in the chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Isn't that something to celebrate?
    It demonstrates why people want to come here rather than other European countries i think. that's all.

International

I reckon that you're a bit Xenophobic.
    Actually nothing could be further fro the truth. I have been made welcome, and sometimes more than welcome in so many countries that it would be very strange for me to be.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I didn't say I dismiss them I said I am skeptical because generally they are used to prove a person's point. no one uses a graph that tends to disprove the point they are trying to make obviously.

so in fact you haven't presented me with any facts, or have you? remember I'm supposed to be stupid so i may not remember.
    I didn't say I had. It's also curious that you've replied more often to this in the thread than the actual subject you started discussing.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I didn't say I had. It's also curious that you've replied more often to this in the thread than the actual subject you started discussing.
    sorry it was C3PO who said he had presented me with facts. Mea culpa.

I'm just trying to get him to show what these facts are, the same as he asks the same question of people over and over again. iI its OK for him to do it then he should answer when others do it to him.

It demonstrates why people want to come here rather than other European countries i think. that's all.
    Nah, it doesn't. Why don't you look into this subject a little deeper in order to find out why some (Mostly Iranians and Afghans) people want to end up in the UK as opposed to other countries. Take a look at the 'success rate of those nationalities on seeking asylum when they reach the processing centre in Dover. You do know that we are legally obliged?

Actually nothing could be further fro the truth. I have been made welcome, and sometimes more than welcome in so many countries that it would be very strange for me to be.
    You're a good lad really

International

Another thing Eric, my original question was why do they not return them to France or wherever the came from when they pick them up mid-channel.
    In the midst of all the comments about colonial linkage etc no one has actually answered that, or even admitted that like me they don't know the answer. they just try to change the point to try to infer that I am Xenophobic or worse.

Oddly enough that is true even of other EU nationals. I have a good Italian friend, an architect living in richmond, who is originally from Sicily. He said that this country is far far better than Italy or anywhere else in europe and if after Brexit he was told to leave they would have to remove him kicking and screaming.
    If you are a legal immigrant and are able to work your bollocks off and can cope with the fact that you are not first pick for opportunities, this country is dope. Though unequal opportunity is an issue and should be sorted. But if you’re an illegal then exploitation would happen as you can’t do **** all.

International

Nah, it doesn't. Why don't you look into this subject a little deeper in order to find out why some (Mostly Iranians and Afghans) people want to end up in the UK as opposed to other countries. Take a look at the 'success rate of those nationalities on seeking asylum when they reach the processing centre in Dover. You do know that we are legally obliged?
    I believe we are legally obliged if they come to UK. I understand that to be the case, yes! what is your point?

International

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    If you are a legal immigrant and are able to work your bollocks off and can cope with the fact that you are not first pick for opportunities, this country is dope. Though unequal opportunity is an issue and should be sorted. But if you’re an illegal then exploitation would happen as you can’t do **** all.
    I fully agree with that which makes you wonder why they do it.

International

Another thing Eric, my original question was why do they not return them to France or wherever the came from when they pick them up mid-channel.
    In the midst of all the comments about colonial linkage etc no one has actually answered that, or even admitted that like me they don't know the answer. they just try to change the point to try to infer that I am Xenophobic or worse.
    No response. there's a surprise.

International

I believe we are legally obliged if they come to UK. I understand that to be the case, yes! what is your point?
    Tuerto, any response?

I don't think that it is a legal obligation to return them to the country where they came from. Plenty of the Immigrants caught at sea will point blank refuse to go back to France, threatening to jump into the ocean if the French Authorities try and make them. If they are caught on the lorries then it's much easier for the authorities to act, it's in a safer environment and they haven't got their hands on the steering wheel, so to speak.

That under the Geneva Convention, as a country we are legally obliged to take Asylum seekers-That's my point.

No response. there's a surprise.
    Sorry, I'm not glued to the board.

Check the link I posted. There's no obligation to stop refugees getting to whichever country they intend claiming asylum in.

International

I don't think that it is a legal obligation to return them to the country where they came from. Plenty of the Immigrants caught at sea will point blank refuse to go back to France, threatening to jump into the ocean if the French Authorities try and make them. If they are caught on the lorries then it's much easier for the authorities to act, it's in a safer environment and they haven't got their hands on the steering wheel, so to speak.
    It is a legal obligation for us to accept them if the land on British soil, I fully accept that. When they are found at sea they should be returned to France. They only threaten to jump into the sea because the know we will take them to UK. They are probably briefed to do it by the smugglers. They should be returned to where they came from without question. If enough of them were returned it may deter others and then we should take the French to the European courts for failing in their legal obligation.
    We'd be better off telling them to pay us instead of the smugglers and we'd give them a lift. it's ridiculous.

And for people to say they don't get benefits etci s being disingenuous. Many of them do, whilst there are many people trying to get here legally who are being refused by the system and not being allowed to join their families. It is unjust and unbalanced.

Sorry, I'm not glued to the board.

Check the link I posted. There's no obligation to stop refugees getting to whichever country they intend claiming asylum in.
    There are huge logistic issues when Illegal immigrants are picked up in what is the worlds busiest shipping lane. Snaggs doesn't seem to grasp that.

It is a legal obligation for us to accept them if the land on British soil, I fully accept that. When they are found at sea they should be returned to France. They only threaten to jump into the sea because the know we will take them to UK. They are probably briefed to do it by the smugglers. They should be returned to where they came from without question. If enough of them were returned it may deter others and then we should take the French to the European courts for failing in their legal obligation.
    We'd be better off telling them to pay us instead of the smugglers and we'd give them a lift. it's ridiculous.

And for people to say they don't get benefits etci s being disingenuous. Many of them do, whilst there are many people trying to get here legally who are being refused by the system and not being allowed to join their families. It is unjust and unbalanced.
    They get £37 per week. Should the French return them to Spain, Belgium, Austria, Hungary etc? It's all a bit difficult, isn't it? Anyway, i'm off to build a raft in ny quest to reach Jersey, apparently you can get a round of golf and a hot dog...

International

There are huge logistic issues when Illegal immigrants are picked up in what is the worlds busiest shipping lane. Snaggs doesn't seem to grasp that.
    Tuerto; You know these huge logistic problems do you or are you assuming? I understand people may not know the answer but lets not pretend we know them all.

eric: There may not be a legal obligation to prevent them walking across Italy and France but there is a legal obligation for Italy and France to register them as refugees and fully process them. If they did that correctly we could then legally return them to that country, the first country of entry.

International

They get £37 per week. Should the French return them to Spain, Belgium, Austria, Hungary etc? It's all a bit difficult, isn't it? Anyway, i'm off to build a raft in ny quest to reach Jersey, apparently you can get a round of golf and a hot dog...
    Get a hot dog for me too, with onions.

Tuerto; You know these huge logistic problems do you or are you assuming? I understand people may not know the answer but lets not pretend we know them all.

eric: There may not be a legal obligation to prevent them walking across Italy and France but there is a legal obligation for Italy and France to register them as refugees and fully process them. If they did that correctly we could then legally return them to that country, the first country of entry.
    Nice that you want us to be that unwelcoming.

International

Nice that you want us to be that unwelcoming.
    Happily welcome those who come legally, and feel particularly sorry for those that try to come legally and get blocked but no sympathy for those that try to cheat the system and specially those who do so and get away with it.

Happily welcome those who come legally, and feel particularly sorry for those that try to come legally and get blocked but no sympathy for those that try to cheat the system and specially those who do so and get away with it.
    But those who have got away with cheating the system are the illegal immigrants that have avoided being picked up in other countries.

International

But those who have got away with cheating the system are the illegal immigrants that have avoided being picked up in other countries.
    come on Eric, there are thousands of them in northern France, they haven't avoided being picked up, they have either been deliberately ignored or enabled by the french and the authorities of all the other EU countries they have passed through on they way.
    It is them ignoring the problem knowing they can and we will have to pick up the mess.

I fully agree with that which makes you wonder why they do it.
    They don’t realise. And also desperation