+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Florida

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    That crazy, they have a lot of old retired people too so should be an increase in deaths in the coming months, I suppose the climate is going to help them though with Winters like our summer/Autumn.
    Why is the climate going to help them.... or were you being ironic?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    The virus spreads less easily in warmer climates, colder Winters will be worse for the continued spread of the virus.

We are sure to have a big spike this Winter.

The virus spreads less easily in warmer climates, colder Winters will be worse for the continued spread of the virus.

How does this explain spikes in the southern states of the USA? Texas etc...

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    How does this explain spikes in the southern states of the USA? Texas etc...
    It's possible the OP might help. Florida has a Governor who was one of Trump's major cheerleaders in Congress before he was elected. He shut things down half heartedly and opened them up ahead of most other states. The OP in this thread was meant to triumph that move. Hasn't quite worked out that way and the citizens of Florida are the unfortunate recipients of those political decisions.Might be food for thought for those who criticise cautious politicians closer to home I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It's possible the OP might help. Florida has a Governor who was one of Trump's major cheerleaders in Congress before he was elected. He shut things down half heartedly and opened them up ahead of most other states. The OP in this thread was meant to triumph that move. Hasn't quite worked out that way and the citizens of Florida are the unfortunate recipients of those political decisions.Might be food for thought for those who criticise cautious politicians closer to home I guess.
    I think the OP has got his answer, quite emphatically.

That doesn't explain why warm countries like Singapore and Iran were amongst the first to be affected outside China.

I think people initially assumed it would act like a flu virus, but we've since seen that it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    That doesn't explain why warm countries like Singapore and Iran were amongst the first to be affected outside China.

I think people initially assumed it would act like a flu virus, but we've since seen that it doesn't.
    I agree with that, the current figures for several American states also show that the virus can prosper in warm weather.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Wasn't it due to Chinese workers?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Wasn't it due to Chinese workers?
    What do you mean? The virus survives at higher temperatures in Chinese workers than other people?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Just like any flu really tends to be more prolific in the winter

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Just like any flu really tends to be more prolific in the winter
    Yes Australia has it worse now than they did in March.