+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Florida

Re: Florida

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...r-for-covid-19

Over twice as many new cases in Florida yesterday as in the whole of the European Union
    That crazy, they have a lot of old retired people too so should be an increase in deaths in the coming months, I suppose the climate is going to help them though with Winters like our summer/Autumn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    That crazy, they have a lot of old retired people too so should be an increase in deaths in the coming months, I suppose the climate is going to help them though with Winters like our summer/Autumn.
    Why is the climate going to help them.... or were you being ironic?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    The virus spreads less easily in warmer climates, colder Winters will be worse for the continued spread of the virus.

We are sure to have a big spike this Winter.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Just like any flu really tends to be more prolific in the winter

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Just like any flu really tends to be more prolific in the winter
    Yes Australia has it worse now than they did in March.

The virus spreads less easily in warmer climates, colder Winters will be worse for the continued spread of the virus.

How does this explain spikes in the southern states of the USA? Texas etc...

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    How does this explain spikes in the southern states of the USA? Texas etc...
    It's possible the OP might help. Florida has a Governor who was one of Trump's major cheerleaders in Congress before he was elected. He shut things down half heartedly and opened them up ahead of most other states. The OP in this thread was meant to triumph that move. Hasn't quite worked out that way and the citizens of Florida are the unfortunate recipients of those political decisions.Might be food for thought for those who criticise cautious politicians closer to home I guess.

That doesn't explain why warm countries like Singapore and Iran were amongst the first to be affected outside China.

I think people initially assumed it would act like a flu virus, but we've since seen that it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    That doesn't explain why warm countries like Singapore and Iran were amongst the first to be affected outside China.

I think people initially assumed it would act like a flu virus, but we've since seen that it doesn't.
    I agree with that, the current figures for several American states also show that the virus can prosper in warm weather.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Wasn't it due to Chinese workers?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the anger in those three over a piece of cloth
    Can't help wondering if those three rednecks are among the 5000-a-day new cases!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Wasn't it due to Chinese workers?
    What do you mean? The virus survives at higher temperatures in Chinese workers than other people?

It's possible the OP might help. Florida has a Governor who was one of Trump's major cheerleaders in Congress before he was elected. He shut things down half heartedly and opened them up ahead of most other states. The OP in this thread was meant to triumph that move. Hasn't quite worked out that way and the citizens of Florida are the unfortunate recipients of those political decisions.Might be food for thought for those who criticise cautious politicians closer to home I guess.
    I think the OP has got his answer, quite emphatically.

Well today Walt disney world opened to the public for the 1st time, very limited numbers, myself and my youngest are watching a Disney Vlogger at opening day, for people who have been Magic kingdom is empty, very similar to when the park open in the morning, they have marked 6ft on the ground and where not possible they have put up perspex screens, face masks must be worn
    looks like they will get all the rides done in a few hours, thats is how low the numbers are, it looks like it is working well enough

I am sure we will see occasions where people gather, but that will be the same anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Well today Walt disney world opened to the public for the 1st time, very limited numbers, myself and my youngest are watching a Disney Vlogger at opening day, for people who have been Magic kingdom is empty, very similar to when the park open in the morning, they have marked 6ft on the ground and where not possible they have put up perspex screens, face masks must be worn
    looks like they will get all the rides done in a few hours, thats is how low the numbers are, it looks like it is working well enough

I am sure we will see occasions where people gather, but that will be the same anywhere
    Glad I’m saving it for next year. Might be good that it’s empty mind and ironically in the current times, not much queuing!
    Love all the extra bits like the character dining, shows, fireworks and special treatment, that’s was takes it to the next level for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Bars & restaurants are open, and they are partying likes it's 1999, so it will be interesting to see if they start dropping like flies in 14 days time.
    Prince would be proud

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Prince would be proud
    Given how it has panned out since that triumphant first post Delirious might have been a more apt choice from Prince's back catalogue

Glad I’m saving it for next year. Might be good that it’s empty mind and ironically in the current times, not much queuing!
    Love all the extra bits like the character dining, shows, fireworks and special treatment, that’s was takes it to the next level for the kids.
    the 2 i watched today got all the rides ( apart from tomorrowland peoplemover that was down due to tech issues ) done inside 4 hours

the longest line was 7 dwarfs mine train at 40 mins ( which would have normally been 2 hours plus )

got to agree with you about the extra's, it what makes disney special , take away that and it just becomes a theme park, it was funny today seeing the ugly step sisters singing from cinderella's castle balcony ( a rare sight indeed ) so they are trying something slightly different

Ive just booked a room for next year ( well for part of it ) holding out to see what the disney cruises are doing, big holiday next year, my 50th and WDW's 50th, so might aswell go for it big time

Though seeing the vlog today, i am pushing for Oct for a cheeky week ( or 10 days ) it looked just as safe as a trip to the garden centre
    my mrs asked me would i have gone today, i said if we lived within a 5 hour drive i would have, it looked as safe as they were going to get it

the 2 i watched today got all the rides ( apart from tomorrowland peoplemover that was down due to tech issues ) done inside 4 hours

the longest line was 7 dwarfs mine train at 40 mins ( which would have normally been 2 hours plus )

got to agree with you about the extra's, it what makes disney special , take away that and it just becomes a theme park, it was funny today seeing the ugly step sisters singing from cinderella's castle balcony ( a rare sight indeed ) so they are trying something slightly different

Ive just booked a room for next year ( well for part of it ) holding out to see what the disney cruises are doing, big holiday next year, my 50th and WDW's 50th, so might aswell go for it big time

Though seeing the vlog today, i am pushing for Oct for a cheeky week ( or 10 days ) it looked just as safe as a trip to the garden centre
    my mrs asked me would i have gone today, i said if we lived within a 5 hour drive i would have, it looked as safe as they were going to get it
    Does the queueing not ruin it a bit though? It's never been somewhere that's appealed to me at all tbh but my partner really wants to go so I had a proper look and I can see how it would be fun, especially with the new Star Wars bit. But the thought of queueing for over an hour, doing a ride, then another 2hr queue makes me want to scream. Or am I missing some Disney cleverness?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Does the queueing not ruin it a bit though? It's never been somewhere that's appealed to me at all tbh but my partner really wants to go so I had a proper look and I can see how it would be fun, especially with the new Star Wars bit. But the thought of queueing for over an hour, doing a ride, then another 2hr queue makes me want to scream. Or am I missing some Disney cleverness?
    They do fast pass's which let you get on the ride quicker ( normally under 20 mins ) , you get 3 per day, so use them well on the bigger rides and you have the main 3 done without massive waits

we have a max wait time of 60 mins for a big main attraction ride and 45 mins for anything else, if its above that, we miss it

with clever use of fast pass's and getting to the parks at opening its very easy to get the rides done without silly wait times, we can do MK in 1 day this way

the newest ride ( in Batuu, the new star wars bit ) has a virtual line, so you get in the park, get on the app and book a ride slot, this means no more than a 45 min wait, the wait line for rise of the resistance is interactive anyway, so maybe this shows the way WDW are heading, of course WDW are experts in milking that last dollar, so many think the virtual line is coming to most rides, 3 free and maybe pay for the rest, more money for WDW

Of course all of this was before Covid19 ( they are not doing FP's during these times as the wait times should be low due to park entry )

They do fast pass's which let you get on the ride quicker ( normally under 20 mins ) , you get 3 per day, so use them well on the bigger rides and you have the main 3 done without massive waits

we have a max wait time of 60 mins for a big main attraction ride and 45 mins for anything else, if its above that, we miss it

with clever use of fast pass's and getting to the parks at opening its very easy to get the rides done without silly wait times, we can do MK in 1 day this way

the newest ride ( in Batuu, the new star wars bit ) has a virtual line, so you get in the park, get on the app and book a ride slot, this means no more than a 45 min wait, the wait line for rise of the resistance is interactive anyway, so maybe this shows the way WDW are heading, of course WDW are experts in milking that last dollar, so many think the virtual line is coming to most rides, 3 free and maybe pay for the rest, more money for WDW

Of course all of this was before Covid19 ( they are not doing FP's during these times as the wait times should be low due to park entry )
    Fast passes are a must. When we did avatar 18 months ago the queues were 3 to 4 hours long, took us 10/15 mins which was about the longest we had. Did a few of them more than once, like the mine train as you can renew your fast passes during the day.

The 22 million people of Florida recorded a one day record of over 15k new cases today, more than the 750 million people of Europe and the bits of Russia in Asia combined.

The 22 million people of Florida recorded a one day record of over 15k new cases today, more than the 750 million people of Europe and the bits of Russia in Asia combined.
    Surely even the dumbest of Americans must realise there's a problem.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53378439
    US President Donald Trump has worn a mask in public for the first time since the start of the coronavirus pandemic.
    Trump mask.JPG

Fast passes are a must. When we did avatar 18 months ago the queues were 3 to 4 hours long, took us 10/15 mins which was about the longest we had. Did a few of them more than once, like the mine train as you can renew your fast passes during the day.
    indeed, Avatar flight of passage is a must, 4 hour plus lines are the norm
    its a great ride, very well done and very technical, though Rise of the resistance is by all accounts pushing it to the next level i had even booked savi's lightsaber workshop and the Droid building experiences ( i needed to book them in the first few minutes at 180 days out ) , my youngest who is a star wars nut, saved up for the past 2 years, the lightsaber is $200 and $100 for the droid, she is gutted we are not going

reports are that disneyland hongkong is due to close again today after a spike in cases, it only opened again on the 18th june