+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Florida

Florida

Bars & restaurants are open, and they are partying likes it's 1999, so it will be interesting to see if they start dropping like flies in 14 days time.

Re: Florida

Yes it will.

Wonder if they are partying in the Ozarks

Bar was packed on my way home today:
    30,000 cases and 3.700 dead doesn't seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Bars & restaurants are open, and they are partying likes it's 1999, so it will be interesting to see if they start dropping like flies in 14 days time.
    They probably won't, especially if they're under 45

Florida is the armpit of America, I imagine it makes for a good testing ground in terms of if a second spike would come to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Bar was packed on my way home today:
    30,000 cases and 3.700 dead doesn't seem right.
    Are you talking about Florida ?, if so what part ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Limited capacity on venues isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Limited capacity on venues isn’t it?
    state rules say:
    25 % indoor capacity
    outdoor tables 6ft apart
    masks to be worn

I was speaking to a friend ( long story how we became friends, i might bore you all with it one day ) of ours who works at disney a few nights ago, he said that Universal resorts city walk ( the entertainment /bar / club area ) are opening today ( or might have been yesterday ), he was amazed that the state are pushing ahead, but said that its been reported that universal are losing $10 million a day by being shut which is massive till you realise disney are losing over $35 mill a day by not being open you can see why the Orlando area are keen to reopen ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    They probably won't, especially if they're under 45
    But the retired people they give it to might.

International

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    But the retired people they give it to might.
    i always got the impression florida was full of retired people.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Indeed! But the under 45s will be ok as they are immune to covid.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    state rules say:
    25 % indoor capacity
    outdoor tables 6ft apart
    masks to be worn
    It doesn't look this way on social media with some of the photos and videos I have seen.

Lots snow birds, as they are known as from New York, Chicago and Canada head down to Florida to their 2nd homes, maybe not this year hey...

state rules say:
    25 % indoor capacity
    outdoor tables 6ft apart
    masks to be worn

I was speaking to a friend ( long story how we became friends, i might bore you all with it one day ) of ours who works at disney a few nights ago, he said that Universal resorts city walk ( the entertainment /bar / club area ) are opening today ( or might have been yesterday ), he was amazed that the state are pushing ahead, but said that its been reported that universal are losing $10 million a day by being shut which is massive till you realise disney are losing over $35 mill a day by not being open you can see why the Orlando area are keen to reopen ASAP
    I know they are losing a fortune with parks shut, 2 of my mates were supposed to be going this month with families for their first trips, gutted for them. Hear Disney though are making a fortune off the new Disney tv app.....

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Indeed! But the under 45s will be ok as they are immune to covid.
    Dam, I’m just missing it by a couple of years.....I look 45 though so maybe covid won’t be able to tell.

International

I know they are losing a fortune with parks shut, 2 of my mates were supposed to be going this month with families for their first trips, gutted for them. Hear Disney though are making a fortune off the new Disney tv app.....
    Would that be the penguin app or whatever its called?

Banned

Me too, I always thought it was the Eastbourne of the US.

Lots snow birds, as they are known as from New York, Chicago and Canada head down to Florida to their 2nd homes, maybe not this year hey...
    When i was about to buy a holiday home in the area, the sales agent said he could 95% guarantee Oct through April he could rent it on on a long term rent to snowbirds, that would cover all my annual costs, so then anything on top of that from weekly rentals would be profit, i had never heard of them before, a quick google and it made sense, move down from the cold and the snow for 6 months and live in the sun, it all made sense

I had been helping someone plan a trip for 1/2 term, was going to be their 1st trip as well, disney have been great and moved the booking to Oct, airline have been crap and only issued a voucher, which in 6 months time could be worthless
    I have disney +, 50 quid for the year, from my point of view it has paid for itself, we have watched all the star wars films, ive been watching the occasional simpsons

Would that be the penguin app or whatever its called?
    thats a blast from the past, club Pengiun and the puffles, my oldest was in reception year and was into the game, 14 years ago, wow

Where did you hear/see that bars and restaurants are open in Florida? I have heard nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Where did you hear/see that bars and restaurants are open in Florida? I have heard nothing.
    Because they’re not... I’m assuming some random posts have generated an over reaction on here (shocker).

International

When i was about to buy a holiday home in the area, the sales agent said he could 95% guarantee Oct through April he could rent it on on a long term rent to snowbirds, that would cover all my annual costs, so then anything on top of that from weekly rentals would be profit, i had never heard of them before, a quick google and it made sense, move down from the cold and the snow for 6 months and live in the sun, it all made sense

I had been helping someone plan a trip for 1/2 term, was going to be their 1st trip as well, disney have been great and moved the booking to Oct, airline have been crap and only issued a voucher, which in 6 months time could be worthless
    I have disney +, 50 quid for the year, from my point of view it has paid for itself, we have watched all the star wars films, ive been watching the occasional simpsons

thats a blast from the past, club Pengiun and the puffles, my oldest was in reception year and was into the game, 14 years ago, wow
    yuo haven't seen the latest on it then? lol

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Because they’re not... I’m assuming some random posts have generated an over reaction on here (shocker).
    You just have to see who started the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    But apparently they're "partying like it's 1999". Where did that come from?

Bars opened in Wisconsin. Because the state's Republican majority supreme court overruled the Democrat governor's lockdown. They partied like a bunch of fat losers in a bar. That's sure to end well.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    But apparently they're "partying like it's 1999". Where did that come from?

Bars opened in Wisconsin. Because the state's Republican majority supreme court overruled the Democrat governor's lockdown. They partied like a bunch of fat losers in a bar. That's sure to end well.
    Bars aren't open in Florida then? And it isn't full on? And there aren't pictures on line showing this? Why would someone want to make this up....