+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Florida

Heisenberg

Re: Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Bars aren't open in Florida then? And it isn't full on? And there aren't pictures on line showing this? Why would someone want to make this up....
    Smart phones didn't exist in 1999 - how are people taking photos?! Conspiracy? Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Smart phones didn't exist in 1999 - how are people taking photos?! Conspiracy? Definitely.
    You're falling for the bait, you need to 'Free think' I find Youtube is a massive help with DIY conundrums and Neo Liberal Free Thinking theories, although try not to mix them up.

Heisenberg

You're falling for the bait, you need to 'Free think' I find Youtube is a massive help with DIY conundrums and Neo Liberal Free Thinking theories, although try not to mix them up.
    Neo liberal... Neo... The Matrix... it's all making sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Neo liberal... Neo... The Matrix... it's all making sense now.
    Well done, you're now one step ahead of all of us

Bars aren't open in Florida then? And it isn't full on? And there aren't pictures on line showing this? Why would someone want to make this up....
    I don't really know. But if I had to guess, I'd go with attention. There's nowt so queer as folk.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Because they’re not... I’m assuming some random posts have generated an over reaction on here (shocker).
    Some are, I know people who live there who play in pubs, think it was in st Pete’s

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Some are, I know people who live there who play in pubs, think it was in st Pete’s
    Before this I was there every 2 weeks.. my head office is there. We’re all working remotely. The office usually has 600 people in it... it’s closed, phasing reopening from Monday. Colleague has share in a chain of bars... across Florida... all closed. There’ll be exceptions but they’re not ready to party like it’s 1999 just yet 🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    That's California

Is that the Florida San Francisco or the California one?

(Edit: Tuerto beat me to it).

That's California
    I guess they are breaking the rules everywhere. I think you can still get pissed in Cardiff if you know where to go (I read it on here).

I guess they are breaking the rules everywhere. You can still get pissed in Cardiff if you know where to go (I read it on here).
    I don't doubt it. The States has a Federal system, i suppose that Trump may offer States the ability to manage their own affairs to a point, if that hasn't happened already.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Is that the Florida San Francisco or the California one?

(Edit: Tuerto beat me to it).
    It'll be the first time i beat you at anything, mark my words

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

Florida specific, shows there was a rise, a mediocre fall, a levelling off, then a rise of new cases reported daily. Not sure if this was caused by a pub in San Francisco opening up though

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

Florida specific, shows there was a rise, a mediocre fall, a levelling off, then a rise of new cases reported daily. Not sure if this was caused by a pub in San Francisco opening up though
    Think the OP raised a question whether the extremely liberal rules around coronavirus in Florida might lead to a rise in cases. Today according to the stats Florida has the highest number of cases in the US

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Think the OP raised a question whether the extremely liberal rules around coronavirus in Florida might lead to a rise in cases. Today according to the stats Florida has the highest number of cases in the US
    They always say things are slow to take off in Florida, it’s way behind the rest of the USA......

I don't doubt it. The States has a Federal system, i suppose that Trump may offer States the ability to manage their own affairs to a point, if that hasn't happened already.
    Trump has no authority over the states in this matter. The lockdown was never federal. It was on a state-by-state basis. With all the power in the hands of state governors. Hence the states being governed by Republicans downplaying the virus and opening-up sooner. Arkansas has seen a spike in cases recently. They were never on lockdown. Same with Arizona, they lifted their lockdown on May 15th. Trump is now preparing to hold rallies in so-called red states. Inside arenas that are still closed for bands and sporting events.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Trump has no authority over the states in this matter. The lockdown was never federal. It was on a state-by-state basis. With all the power in the hands of state governors. Hence the states being governed by Republicans downplaying the virus and opening-up sooner. Arkansas has seen a spike in cases recently. They were never on lockdown. Same with Arizona, they lifted their lockdown on May 15th. Trump is now preparing to hold rallies in so-called red states. Inside arenas that are still closed for bands and sporting events.
    I haven't been following it as much recently, but what is happening with the Election there? I guess it still has to go ahead as usual?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I haven't been following it as much recently, but what is happening with the Election there? I guess it still has to go ahead as usual?
    It's still scheduled. But Republicans are doing their best to suppress voting. They are presently in a war with mail-in voting and are acting like it's a new thing that will lead to voter fraud. It's actually nothing new. People have been mailing in their votes for years. Voter fraud is incredibly complex to carry out and is a felony crime. The Republicans are just using it as an excuse, they know the fewer people vote the better their chances are. They gerrymander districts in their favor and they strike hundreds of thousands of people off voter registration records.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    state rules say:
    25 % indoor capacity
    outdoor tables 6ft apart
    masks to be worn

I was speaking to a friend ( long story how we became friends, i might bore you all with it one day ) of ours who works at disney a few nights ago, he said that Universal resorts city walk ( the entertainment /bar / club area ) are opening today ( or might have been yesterday ), he was amazed that the state are pushing ahead, but said that its been reported that universal are losing $10 million a day by being shut which is massive till you realise disney are losing over $35 mill a day by not being open you can see why the Orlando area are keen to reopen ASAP
    Can’t be right surely?

International

Probably a lot of peoples front rooms. Apparently supermarket sales of alcohol have gone through the roof.