+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Florida

Re: Florida

There's been highest ever recorded numbers of new cases in Florida, California and Texas this week. Hopefully, this is down to increased testing levels in those states - if it isn't, then even Trump won't be able to continue ignoring the virus which has shown him to be totally unsuited for his job.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Trump has no authority over the states in this matter. The lockdown was never federal. It was on a state-by-state basis. With all the power in the hands of state governors. Hence the states being governed by Republicans downplaying the virus and opening-up sooner. Arkansas has seen a spike in cases recently. They were never on lockdown. Same with Arizona, they lifted their lockdown on May 15th. Trump is now preparing to hold rallies in so-called red states. Inside arenas that are still closed for bands and sporting events.
    I started following that Officer Tony Norman on Instagram. Community cop who does his bit..erm..in the community.
    Anyway.. by the looks of it he hasn't stopped picking the locals up and driving about and I've seen zero social distancing in any of his posts. He's from Arkensaaww.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There's been highest ever recorded numbers of new cases in Florida, California and Texas this week. Hopefully, this is down to increased testing levels in those states - if it isn't, then even Trump won't be able to continue ignoring the virus which has shown him to be totally unsuited for his job.
    Oregon and Utah have paused their easing of the lockdown because of the rising number of new infections in each state.

Yesterday's figure for new cases in Florida of 2,625 was over 700 up on the previous highest (which was on Friday) - the last three days have seen a new highest so far figure in that state when it comes to new cases. As I mentioned in a message yesterday, it might be that the higher figures are down to increased testing levels, but if that's not the case, there's also an ominous look to things in Texas and California;-

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/texas/

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...sa/california/

Yesterday's figure for new cases in Florida of 2,625 was over 700 up on the previous highest (which was on Friday) - the last three days have seen a new highest so far figure in that state when it comes to new cases. As I mentioned in a message yesterday, it might be that the higher figures are down to increased testing levels, but if that's not the case, there's also an ominous look to things in Texas and California;-

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/texas/

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...sa/california/
    They've been dillying the numbers. Check out my link above Bob!

Levels are always going to increase, when we come out of lockdown the figures are only going one way , now add to that all these protests with little or no social distancing

it looks like other countries are struggling with keeping rates low and getting back to life

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Levels are always going to increase, when we come out of lockdown the figures are only going one way , now add to that all these protests with little or no social distancing

it looks like other countries are struggling with keeping rates low and getting back to life
    I see France is opening up almost to normal tomorrow, anyone know what the r rate is over there? Infections? Deaths etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I see France is opening up almost to normal tomorrow, anyone know what the r rate is over there? Infections? Deaths etc.....
    Still deaths in the 20’s and 4/500 new cases a day.....

Still deaths in the 20’s and 4/500 new cases a day.....
    our new cases are around the 1500 mark per day i think ( though i must admit i havent been following it that much the last week as im back to work 100% now )

our new cases are around the 1500 mark per day i think ( though i must admit i havent been following it that much the last week as im back to work 100% now )
    Rising in Florida just in time for Disney to open......

The difference is that the likes of England, the USA, Brazil and some others have eased lockdown restrictions at a time when claims that they have beaten the virus are ludicrous. Why can't they just tell the truth and say that they've decided money is more important than human lives and, in one of those cases at least, the leader was concerned that his electoral prospects were suffering while his country stayed in lockdown?

Rising in Florida just in time for Disney to open......
    i saw on fox35 some bars are closing again

on the plus side, i have had my flights refunded ( or at least the promise of a refund in upto 90 days )

The difference is that the likes of England, the USA, Brazil and some others have eased lockdown restrictions at a time when claims that they have beaten the virus are ludicrous. Why can't they just tell the truth and say that they've decided money is more important than human lives and, in one of those cases at least, the leader was concerned that his electoral prospects were suffering while his country stayed in lockdown?
    I think we will have come to terms with a certain amount of deaths in exchange for saving the economy, what a dilemma

When you say money is more important do you mean saving millions of people’s livelihoods?

I think we will have come to terms with a certain amount of deaths in exchange for saving the economy, what a dilemma
    It is a dilemma, I reckon there will be a vaccine by the end if this year mind, or at least something that lessons the blow of the disease a bit like they discovered already but suitable for more people

It is a dilemma, I reckon there will be a vaccine by the end if this year mind, or at least something that lessons the blow of the disease a bit like they discovered already but suitable for more people
    Yeah but it will be made by Bill Gates who tests all his vaccines on African kids who now have deformities. So is it worth all that?

When you say money is more important do you mean saving millions of people’s livelihoods?
    If it ever boiled down to a choice of actual lives or livelihoods I'd always choose lives,

New record highs of new cases posted in Texas and Florida.

International

New record highs of new cases posted in Texas and Florida.
    But its easy to make that choice when one is in a positon where one has enough income or savings to not need to work, which may include relying on ones kids being in school and the buses and trains running normally, but for a lot of folks being in lockdown and letting the economy die to save lives is actually killing them anyway.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    but for a lot of folks being in lockdown and letting the economy die to save lives is actually killing them anyway.
    Of course, you can back this up with evidence.