+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 54 of 54

Thread: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

  1. #31

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If Germany had 5 deaths in total but they were all in care homes... Tell it like it is would be on here saying that they had a 100% care home death rate and that UK govt. were doing a better job with care homes. He's so biased that I actually struggle to comprehend it sometimes.
    A few weeks ago he appeared to be trying to argue that, because there was some sort of research saying that Germany had ten times the number of officially reported cases of the virus, there were actually ten times the number of deaths.

  2. #32

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A few weeks ago he appeared to be trying to argue that, because there was some sort of research saying that Germany had ten times the number of officially reported cases of the virus, there were actually ten times the number of deaths.
    No I didn't.

    What I said was that if the number of cases was incorrect, there was also the possibility of the deaths also being incorrect. I also pointed out the research hadn't been peer reviewed?

    Do you understand that simple concept?

  3. #33

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A few weeks ago he appeared to be trying to argue that, because there was some sort of research saying that Germany had ten times the number of officially reported cases of the virus, there were actually ten times the number of deaths.
    It was sample-based research of a town/city in Germany, if I remember correctly. It was based on people who were also symptomless. Like you said, he used it to try to prove his argument that day about how it must mean that Germany have 10x more cases than they were reporting (it didn't).

    When he was making a point about there being no symptoms in another argument, I raised the research which he had said meant there was 10x more cases in Germany - to show he was being hyprocrital. I didn't get a response.

    I wonder if he will be returning to this thread to explain how more than twice as many deaths in care homes equates to dealing with them better.

    If he's got a good argument for it that proves me wrong, I'll put my hands up... But we'll see.

  4. #34

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    I think a lot of this issue comes from the arrogance of the Western nations, who have a long history of thinking themselves superior.

    There hasnt been a serious outbreak like this in Western Europe for 100 years, so we were ill prepared.
    In places in the far east, they have had SARS, Bird FLu and MERS to contend with all in living memory, so there is a much higher awareness in the general population.

    They learned some hard lessons during those other outbreaks and were better placed or it.
    We had the chance to learn their lessons without the pain, but at the start of the pandemic there was a kind of arrogance that people assumed we would somehow not be affected.
    Even when the outbreak started in Italy, one of my colleagues was sure that it was because the Italians go around kissing each other on the cheeks everywhere they go, and the stiff upper lip brits would probably be ok.

    As per the link i posted on the other thread, in Hong Kong they have had no deaths in care homes. They were aware of the risk and immediately took action.

  5. #35

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It was sample-based research of a town/city in Germany, if I remember correctly. It was based on people who were also symptomless. Like you said, he used it to try to prove his argument that day about how it must mean that Germany have 10x more cases than they were reporting (it didn't).

    When he was making a point about there being no symptoms in another argument, I raised the research which he had said meant there was 10x more cases in Germany - to show he was being hyprocrital. I didn't get a response.

    I wonder if he will be returning to this thread to explain how more than twice as many deaths in care homes equates to dealing with them better.

    If he's got a good argument for it that proves me wrong, I'll put my hands up... But we'll see.
    No response due to being ignored. Now you are making me regret un-ignoring you.

    I said there was a possibility the number of deaths in Germany *could* be incorrect *if* the research was correct ( as I pointed out, hadn't been peer reviewed ).

    Back to ignore for the lying scumbag.

  6. #36

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think a lot of this issue comes from the arrogance of the Western nations, who have a long history of thinking themselves superior.

    There hasnt been a serious outbreak like this in Western Europe for 100 years, so we were ill prepared.
    In places in the far east, they have had SARS, Bird FLu and MERS to contend with all in living memory, so there is a much higher awareness in the general population.

    They learned some hard lessons during those other outbreaks and were better placed or it.
    We had the chance to learn their lessons without the pain, but at the start of the pandemic there was a kind of arrogance that people assumed we would somehow not be affected.
    Even when the outbreak started in Italy, one of my colleagues was sure that it was because the Italians go around kissing each other on the cheeks everywhere they go, and the stiff upper lip brits would probably be ok.

    As per the link i posted on the other thread, in Hong Kong they have had no deaths in care homes. They were aware of the risk and immediately took action.

  7. #37

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    No response due to being ignored. Now you are making me regret un-ignoring you.

    I said there was a possibility the number of deaths in Germany *could* be incorrect *if* the research was correct ( as I pointed out, hadn't been peer reviewed ).

    Back to ignore for the lying scumbag.
    nice of you to un-ignore me for this response.

    You've replied to loads of my posts since the one you claim to have "ignored", you dozy, Tory tit.

    Even today, you have responded to the only post I've made on this thread that wasn't quoted by another poster. The only post you would have had to take me off ignore to have seen (we believe you) is where I made a comment about something not directly related to the topic of the thread and how you're so ridiculously stuck up Boris' arse that you always twist things to make it sound like they're doing a better job.

    Shame you couldn't give a reason why Germany are doing a worse job in care homes than calling me the liar
    .. when it's clear that only one of us is doing that.

  8. #38

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    No response due to being ignored. Now you are making me regret un-ignoring you.

    I said there was a possibility the number of deaths in Germany *could* be incorrect *if* the research was correct ( as I pointed out, hadn't been peer reviewed ).

    Back to ignore for the lying scumbag.
    What a twat

  9. #39

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What a twat
    FOAD.

  10. #40

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, all had 0 care home deaths

  11. #41

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Just 21% of UK Covid deaths come from care homes, a lower percentage than most comparable EU countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    The problem for everyone is statistics are being generated on the fly, we're potentially seeing issues across nations in terms of the way they are collated etc. I don't think any nation will have "true" figures for a very long time.
    confused.com

  12. #42

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    FOAD.
    It seems sleeper accounts ultimately revert to the habits that got them banned in the first place!

  13. #43

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    FOAD.
    What a twat

  14. #44
    International City123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,126

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    FOAD.
    Pretty ironic of "tell it like it is" to use an acronym instead of saying it....

  15. #45
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    17,832

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No.

    But if it makes you happy your Organ-lite post was a proposing a genuine choice between conspiracy and coincidence to explain care home deaths across Europe. Coincidence would be the right answer - even if you doubled down on your original purpose of promoting conspiracy with a post of a directive (not from Europe) to move elderly patients from hospital into care homes.

    It seems like many countries made the same mistake whilst trying to free up hospital beds for Covid patients - but some mitigated that mistake with PPE, testing, tracing and quarantine whilst others (UK and USA at top of the list) did not.
    I already knew people were going from hospitals into care homes without prior testing, or even displaying Covid-19 symptoms, so it's hardly a conspiracy. It's a fact that Keir Starmer brought up in PMQ today.

  16. #46
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    9,916

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I already knew people were going from hospitals into care homes without prior testing, or even displaying Covid-19 symptoms, so it's hardly a conspiracy. It's a fact that Keir Starmer brought up in PMQ today.
    Did he get the directive OR did he not get the directive? Zzzzzz.....

  17. #47

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Anyways this report seems to suggest Europe has had similar car homes issues as the UK

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52704836



    Interestingly the emotional charged debates about how Europe's behaviors relating to the UK is often used , such as how progressive their health care , educations are , it now appears good old modern Europe want to open up , get back to school , in fact many are .

    Finally here is the the criticism of Labour run Wales in all this with their care homes , testing and PPE procurement ,if the UK government was asleep at the wheel we are still in a coma , Wales has it their gift to do something differently ,like Denmark ??

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52704836

  18. #48
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    8,391

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Anyways this report seems to suggest Europe has had similar car homes issues as the UK

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52704836



    Interestingly the emotional charged debates about how Europe's behaviors relating to the UK is often used , such as how progressive their health care , educations are , it now appears good old modern Europe want to open up , get back to school , in fact many are .

    Finally here is the the criticism of Labour run Wales in all this with their care homes , testing and PPE procurement ,if the UK government was asleep at the wheel we are still in a coma , Wales has it their gift to do something differently ,like Denmark ??

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52704836
    same link twice - - about Sweden.

  19. #49
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    17,832

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Did he get the directive OR did he not get the directive? Zzzzzz.....
    You're a political hack with a dodgy ideology. What have you got against the truth?

  20. #50

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You're a political hack with a dodgy ideology. What have you got against the truth?
    Give him a straight answer then

  21. #51

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    same link twice - - about Sweden.
    Not only that - I do believe the link is to the same report which started this thread.

  22. #52

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Anyways this report seems to suggest Europe has had similar car homes issues as the UK

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52704836



    Interestingly the emotional charged debates about how Europe's behaviors relating to the UK is often used , such as how progressive their health care , educations are , it now appears good old modern Europe want to open up , get back to school , in fact many are .

    Finally here is the the criticism of Labour run Wales in all this with their care homes , testing and PPE procurement ,if the UK government was asleep at the wheel we are still in a coma , Wales has it their gift to do something differently ,like Denmark ??

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52704836
    "Car homes issues". Swansea must be having more car homes issues than most of Europe right now.

  23. #53

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Give him a straight answer then
    Haven't you repeatedly asked other posters why they engage with him? Take your own advice, CB. You know it makes sense

  24. #54

    Re: Seems care homes suffering across Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    same link twice - - about Sweden.
    Read all the article it actually refers to Europe as well:


    But as in many( European countries,) relatives, staff and union officials have shared concerns that protective clothing arrived too late, and that some staff may have gone to work at the start of the crisis despite showing symptoms of Covid-19.

    Now, increasing numbers of workers are also coming forward to criticise regional healthcare authorities for protocols which they say discourage care home workers from sending residents into hospital, and prevent care home and nursing staff from administering oxygen without a doctor's approval, either as part of acute or palliative (end-of-life) services.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •