+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who used to enjoy the aggro?

Re: Who used to enjoy the aggro?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Sure, you can say that about a lot of things, like horse racing and motor racing for starters, anything on itv....the list is endless.
    When I started going in 1987 I thought that all our fans were nuts and hooligan casuals etc....then I went to an away game and I x it by 100. I literally can’t recall the last away game I went to....maybe 2002, Wembley aside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yeah like I said each to their own. It’s definitely not for me though, no idea how you get enjoyment from hurting someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Exactly - I find that very very peculiar.

Never really interested me, yes we used to have a group of about 20 of us travelled away on the “Football Specials”, in the 60’s and yes we could all look after ourselves, but it was about the football and camaraderie for us.

Personally, I think those that got involved in the thuggery were “inverted bullies” and if you put them on their own, they wouldn’t say boo to a ghost.

As for “soul crew”, more like “arsehole crew”

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    How was it hard? I went through the 80s and 90s, home and away. I found it incredibly easy to steer clear of. It was easy to find if you wanted it.
    Exactly.

Banned

Your a bit odd though
    True, going to a football stadium, watching a football match then leaving is quite strange I guess.

I liked the intimidating atmospheres but never really liked the aggro. Seemed pointless and childish. Its always been about the football and atmosphere for me. However, football was used as a vehicle for many to feel wanted and appreciated due to the social and economic challenges at time.

Now days it seems Silly that grown 'men' feel the need to fight and beat someone up because they havent addressed hurt, neglect and feelings of inadequacy in their normal lives.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Never really interested me, yes we used to have a group of about 20 of us travelled away on the “Football Specials”, in the 60’s and yes we could all look after ourselves, but it was about the football and camaraderie for us.

Personally, I think those that got involved in the thuggery were “inverted bullies” and if you put them on their own, they wouldn’t say boo to a ghost.

As for “soul crew”, more like “arsehole crew”
    I liked the antithesis of the soul crew - The Booze Crew!

Yeah like I said each to their own. It’s definitely not for me though, no idea how you get enjoyment from hurting someone.
    Sure thing, one of the main reasons I stopped going away. Never hurt anyone in my life, don’t intend to either.

True, going to a football stadium, watching a football match then leaving is quite strange I guess.
    You def didn’t follow us in the 80’s, you say you saw football?

Sure thing, one of the main reasons I stopped going away. Never hurt anyone in my life, don’t intend to either.
    So what aggro were you taking part in if you weren't hurting anyone? Am I missing the point?

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I liked the intimidating atmospheres but never really liked the aggro. Seemed pointless and childish. Its always been about the football and atmosphere for me. However, football was used as a vehicle for many to feel wanted and appreciated due to the social and economic challenges at time.

Now days it seems Silly that grown 'men' feel the need to fight and beat someone up because they havent addressed hurt, neglect and feelings of inadequacy in their normal lives.

So what aggro were you taking part in if you weren't hurting anyone? Am I missing the point?
    Maybe he was doing the ol' bouncy bouncy flappy flappy come on en

He’s getting “aggro”, mixed up with “AGADOO”

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Maybe he was doing the ol' bouncy bouncy flappy flappy come on en
    Handbags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He wasn't shagging his daughter, just knew she was doing it.
    Yeah, I got that. But a father 'delighted' that his daughter is having under age sex, surely a case for social services?

If you were not part of it, you will never understand it now and will of course be disgusted by it all, i wouldnt worry yourselves about it, its over now, everyone can pop along to watch the game, have a jolly day out and then go home, maybe grab a skinny caramel macchitato and a raspberry and white chocolate muffin and from costa on the way to the car

you missed a hell of a time though

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    If you were not part of it, you will never understand it now and will of course be disgusted by it all, i wouldnt worry yourselves about it, its over now, everyone can pop along to watch the game, have a jolly day out and then go home, maybe grab a skinny caramel macchitato and a raspberry and white chocolate muffin and from costa on the way to the car

I'll take your word for it

Did you used to fight people for fun? I don’t see why you’re saying people would be disgusted by it when all people are saying is they don’t get it.

Did the fighting make it more enjoyable than boro away in the FA Cup? Or Leicester away in the play off semi?

Bloody hooligan.....

It’s one of those things, if you weren’t there you just won’t get it. Some say they were there but they weren’t really were they. bit like the rave days....long haired idiots taking drugs init

Did you used to fight people for fun? I don’t see why you’re saying people would be disgusted by it when all people are saying is they don’t get it.

Did the fighting make it more enjoyable than boro away in the FA Cup? Or Leicester away in the play off semi?
    Let it go...the resident forum buffoon winner for the last 5 years aren’t you? I’d hazard a guess Matt has never hit someone either, unless in self defence, is that allowed saint croesy?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Handbags!!!
    That didn’t start until the English mastered it around 1998 I think.....

Let it go...the resident forum buffoon winner for the last 5 years aren’t you? I’d hazard a guess Matt has never hit someone either, unless in self defence, is that allowed saint croesy?
    So explain to me what aggro was if you weren't fighting?

I don't think I'm being an arse hole about it am I? It's a genuine question.

An activity for the stupid, ugly and unfulfilled. How anyone can admit to enjoying this as a grown man is embarrassing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'll take your word for it

He's employing the same logic that the scumbags used to come out with "If it wasn't for the soul crew, you'd be getting your head kicked in every week".

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    An activity for the stupid, ugly and unfulfilled. How anyone can admit to enjoying this as a grown man is embarrassing.
    Enjoying this now and enjoying this then are two different entities.
    It was a great buzz though.

He's employing the same logic that the scumbags used to come out with "If it wasn't for the soul crew, you'd be getting your head kicked in every week".
    you got that from what i typed, of course you did, wouldnt expect anything less

never, it was always self defence your honour