+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People who can't park

People who can't park

I've just parked at the closest available spot for my old dear to have less of a walk (right opposite the entrance in a packed car park)
    The woman next to me was right on the line on a slant forward parked etc so I reverse in absolutely perfectly in the middle of both my lines and turn off the engine to play a bit of golf on the phone.. so this woman gets back and I take no notice, just clock her walking towards the car and just know it's hers next to me.. she starts making a lot if noise etc putting her bags away trying to get me to glance over at her, then that doesn't work so she starts mumbling about how tight the space is and she might struggle to open her door blah blah so again I take no notice.
    She has parked her car forward with mine reversed, and her car at such an angle her doors close to my car so less room for her to get in, but perfectly fine to do so if she makes no fuss.

I am fed up of lazy parking.

Was I an arsehole for just sitting in my perfectly parked car? It's a miniscule amount of extra effort to park better, and in most cases it's easier all round to reverse in, and not hard to get in the middle of the lines.

*Disclaimer* she was in the end spot so had a pavement next to her so the space was wider and she still parked right over on the line, as that's probably how it swing in first time so **** everyone else init..

Re: People who can't park

Most women + spacial awareness = 0 so mitigation of sorts

Men do it too = grade A++ arseholes

Mind you I blame the supermarkets,I mean trying to get a 21st century car parked in a space designed for pre 1966 auto's is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    blah blah blah
    dickhead see
    dickhead do

Maybe it was someone who was just having a bad day?
    They could have looking forward to a nice day out in Brecon to buy a freezer full of quality meat, but instead felt compelled to visit the locsl supermarket to get a couple of vacuum packed pork chops and some value bangers instead.

I've just parked at the closest available spot for my old dear to have less of a walk (right opposite the entrance in a packed car park)
    The woman next to me was right on the line on a slant forward parked etc so I reverse in absolutely perfectly in the middle of both my lines and turn off the engine to play a bit of golf on the phone.. so this woman gets back and I take no notice, just clock her walking towards the car and just know it's hers next to me.. she starts making a lot if noise etc putting her bags away trying to get me to glance over at her, then that doesn't work so she starts mumbling about how tight the space is and she might struggle to open her door blah blah so again I take no notice.
    She has parked her car forward with mine reversed, and her car at such an angle her doors close to my car so less room for her to get in, but perfectly fine to do so if she makes no fuss.

I am fed up of lazy parking.

Was I an arsehole for just sitting in my perfectly parked car? It's a miniscule amount of extra effort to park better, and in most cases it's easier all round to reverse in, and not hard to get in the middle of the lines.

*Disclaimer* she was in the end spot so had a pavement next to her so the space was wider and she still parked right over on the line, as that's probably how it swing in first time so **** everyone else init..
    Infuriatingly inconsiderate only beaten by the utter scumbags who park in disabled parking bays and yet are not blue badge holders. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Almost as infuriating as watching somebody deliberately being a cock and blocking in the person who caused all this commotion to begin with. The irony.

Dickhead see..
    Dickhead do!

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Most women + spacial awareness = 0 so mitigation of sorts

Men do it too = grade A++ arseholes

Mind you I blame the supermarkets,I mean trying to get a 21st century car parked in a space designed for pre 1966 auto's is nuts.
    I understand when it comes to SUVs but this person had a small car and of she reversed in she gets out on the pavement and even if she ****s it up she's leaving enough room for the next car over.

It was just her entitled body language that was screaming at me to pull forward so she could get in, I've been there before when I'll automatically just do it out of courtesy and make a joke about the tight spaces, and obviously some people do it because someone else did it and it has a knock on effect.. I've had stares off people for being on the line getting back to my car, as about 6 cars in a row had to do it because of some lazy ****er further down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Infuriatingly inconsiderate only beaten by the utter scumbags who park in disabled parking bays and yet are not blue badge holders. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
    Yes that's just selfish and plain lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Maybe it was someone who was just having a bad day?
    They could have looking forward to a nice day out in Brecon to buy a freezer full of quality meat, but instead felt compelled to visit the locsl supermarket to get a couple of vacuum packed pork chops and some value bangers instead.
    I've spent a bit of time sat in carparks during lockdown to take my old dear shopping, people just roll in forward and don't make an attempt to correct it.

I'm going to Brecon to check this meat after lockdown..sounds amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Infuriatingly inconsiderate only beaten by the utter scumbags who park in disabled parking bays and yet are not blue badge holders. ������������
    Some people without blue badges are far more in need of one than those who have them tho!

I've spent a bit of time sat in carparks during lockdown to take my old dear shopping, people just roll in forward and don't make an attempt to correct it.

I'm going to Brecon to check this meat after lockdown..sounds amazing.
    Driving forward into a parking space and reversing out is so much harder than the other way around. Just dont understand why people do it. Saying that, I haven't driven anywhere for 10 weeks, so not sure I can still drive at all 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Driving forward into a parking space and reversing out is so much harder than the other way around. Just dont understand why people do it. Saying that, I haven't driven anywhere for 10 weeks, so not sure I can still drive at all ��
    Because if someone behind you parks quite close to your rear end, it's a bugger getting a trolley near the boot.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Because if someone behind you parks quite close to your rear end, it's a bugger getting a trolley near the boot.
    Pull forward to load the shopping.

Order on line

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    And block half the road, not to mention trying to get the trolley there in the first place.

However, drive in, back end exposed and open to the world. Easy unloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    And block half the road, not to mention trying to get the trolley there in the first place.

However, drive in, back end exposed and open to the world. Easy unloading.
    Exactly. People reversing into parking spaces are and should be in the minority for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    How do you propose getting the trolley through the side of two parked cars? Just drive the the car into the middle of the road?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    How do you propose getting the trolley through the side of two parked cars? Just drive the the car into the middle of the road?
    Park the trolley, open one of the back passenger doors and lob your shopping in, piece of piss, unless it's a weird family who all go shopping together because they have absolutely nothing better to do.

I had to go to Tesco Western Avenue, yesterday, I always park on the right as you go in, and walk over. As i walked up past the cash points, there was a car 'parked' in the left hand lane 2 foot from the left side on the road. I first thought it was somebody who had just nipped to the cashpoint and couldn't be arsed to walk over. I got my bits in Tesco came out and the car was still there, unfortunately there are people that think rules only apply to others and dont give a hoot about anyone else or what people think of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Park the trolley, open one of the back passenger doors and lob your shopping in, piece of piss, unless it's a weird family who all go shopping together because they have absolutely nothing better to do.
    Park the trolley where exactly?

Just drop the shopping through the sun roof its simples.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Order on line

And get all the food with short “use by” dates

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Just drop the shopping through the sun roof its simples.

It’s easy for all you down in Abertawe, just chuck it in the cart

As close to the car as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    As close to the car as possible.

As the trolley rolls back and whacks someone else’s motor