+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I understand this can be a nasty disease and floors some people even worse than flu. So if I had a wife with it and was showing symptoms myself I'd be very concerned for my young child and my first port of call would be my parents or in laws.
    So you would expose some at risk relatives to it?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The hoops xsnaggle and lisvaneblue are junmping through your defend a **** like Cummings is admirable in its absurdity.
    Off you go again. Where have I defended him? Can you show us without altering my post like you usually do?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think Mr Cummings should be allowed to drive from lands end to John O’Groats every other day while he has symptoms, licking every doorknob on the way
    Page 5. I rest my case

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Page 5. I rest my case
    Completely wrong and you know it is. I never posted any such thing. Try again.

It’s perhaps an example of how messaging gets undermined and confused if anybody really thinks the first port of call upon contracting the virus should be higher risk parents/in-laws.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    It’s perhaps an example of how messaging gets undermined and confused if anybody really thinks the first port of call upon contracting the virus should be higher risk parents/in-laws.
    Especially when only one of the parents is sick (as in LisvaneBlue's example).

I think anyone who would think that was the first port of call either hadn’t seen the advice or was too stupid to understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    You think that a millionaire with Cummings contacts needed to drive 260 miles for help FFS mun get your head out of your backside.

Why Dom Went To Durham

1. For my elderly parents to provide childcare

2. No, for my sister to provide childcare

3. Ok, no one provided childcare, but I was ill

4. No, my wife was ill. I thought I was ill. But I wasn’t. Until I was.

5. My uncle died.

6. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    So youd put a 4 year old in the car with 2 of you with coronavirus and drive to the elderly in laws or parents 260 miles away.
    Obviously you need to check with the in-laws how well stocked their freezer is just in case there are some quality butchers en-route!

Heisenberg

I do realise that. But the longer these things take the more they appear to be 'manufactured' rather than a member of the public with just concerns going public as soon as he or she sees something wrong. Does it mean that the papers in question were suppressing the thing until it suited their bigger agenda?

None of which excuses him of course it just makes it smell a bit more politically motivated.
    "Does it mean the papers were suppressing it?"...

What's more likely: they waited until Friday night when the policy in England had already changed to ease the rules of lockdown (making the story slightly less impressive) or they spent about a month gathering evidence and speaking to witnesses - including Durham police?

It's great to be sceptical - I think it's a massively positive trait to have - but your scepticism always seems to err on the side of the Tories, no matter how you end up trying to spin it.

That's not how being a sceptic works.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

What's more likely: they waited until Friday night when the policy in England had already changed to ease the rules of lockdown (making the story slightly less impressive) or they spent about a month gathering evidence and speaking to witnesses - including Durham police?

It's great to be sceptical - I think it's a massively positive trait to have - but your scepticism always seems to err on the side of the Tories, no matter how you end up trying to spin it.

It's just the campaigning papers like the Daily Mail attacking the Tories yet again, yawn.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It's just the campaigning papers like the Daily Mail attacking the Tories yet again, yawn.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Actually it doesn't matter to me which party it is, its really the press that I am sceptical about more than the players themselves.. I don't have any great feeling for either lot, they're as bad as each other. I don't believe either major party is going to greatly alter my life or the lives of the vast majority of the people in this country, not for the good anyway. The Tories in the last 14 months have ensure I am going to have a bill for £2,500 more at the beginning of next year than I expected to have and there is nothing I can do about it. Believe me it doesn't make me love them.
    As an aside as lot of Labour supporters on here give Tony Blair some stick for his time in government (leaving aside the Iraq war) but he was fighting his own side even when the Tory opposition was virtually non existent. You seem to be quite reasonable. Can I recommend you read a book called "the third man". It's very insightful. He could have achieved so much more.

I'm a sceptic. If he thought that why didn't it come into the public domain at the time? Maybe he was 'reminded' of the number plate he saw later. Not a defence of him, I think he's a scummer, but I don't have any great faith in newspapers with a political axe to grind who ask thousands of people until they find one who 'remember's something that the paper may then pay to publish. I don't mean just in this case but very often for all kinds of reasons.

That said, I think Cummins should be sacked anyway, just for being himself, let alone doing anything so wrong and stupid.
    Apparently he reported it when the story recently broke with Cummings travel whereabouts as it made him aware Cummings may have broken self-isolation rules by taking a day-trip with his family on his wife's birthday, within the 14 days. So he checked his search history to confirm dates at that point and then came forward. We'll see.

International

Apparently he reported it when the story recently broke with Cummings travel whereabouts as it made him aware Cummings may have broken self-isolation rules by taking a day-trip with his family on his wife's birthday, within the 14 days. So he checked his search history to confirm dates at that point and then came forward. We'll see.
    I think that's reasonable. I have no reason to doubt the honesty of the witness, its how the media use it that can sometimes make one less than convinced.

I think that's reasonable. I have no reason to doubt the honesty of the witness, its how the media use it that can sometimes make one less than convinced.
    It's just taken from bits-and-bobs that I've read so far. I think we'll get to know more in the next few days.

International

It's just taken from bits-and-bobs that I've read so far. I think we'll get to know more in the next few days.
    I was afraid of that Its going to drag on and on.

I was afraid of that Its going to drag on and on.
    I'm not so sure, The Daily Mail has spoken.

Mail2.JPG

International

I'm not so sure, The Daily Mail has spoken.
    As I've got older I have found that i have a shorter and shorter attention span .

What does it matter if the "campaigning" papers (I'd take it as a compliment if my paper was described in such a way) concerned held on to the story until it would have maximum impact? That's what papers do. The point is that, as the Guardian says today, a man who built his reputation on telling people that there is an elite which treats the ordinary man and woman as idiots turns out to be a fully signed up member of said elite and, just as disgustingly, the heads of the Government he is supposed to serve are lining up to protect him against the outcry with a laughably feeble defence.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    You think that a millionaire with Cummings contacts needed to drive 260 miles for help FFS mun get your head out of your backside.
    That thought had occurred to me - I find it incredible that the only option available to them would be a near three hundred mile car drive away. i know for a fact that I would be taking a break somewhere along the line to stretch my legs and have a pee somewhere is I were driving that far as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I find it odd that this point is just being ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That thought had occurred to me - I find it incredible that the only option available to them would be a near three hundred mile car drive away. i know for a fact that I would be taking a break somewhere along the line to stretch my legs and have a pee somewhere is I were driving that far as well.
    He would be the first person in the history of the world to complete 200+ mile trip without a stop, with a four year old in the car.