Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
That's likely to happen, although it's going to be difficult to prove. Someone might have family with health problems or suffer with health problems themselves. Others may not feel safe to go back to work. Of course there will be those that have taken the piss. A word also to dodgy employers who may use this pandemic as a way of stripping back the work force and messing with pay and conditions, while those who keep their jobs become so grateful that they take it with a smile. Aint just employees who are going to pull a fast one.
I agree. Some employers are also taking the piss, including football clubs run by billionaires furloughing their lowest paid staff because they can't work, whilst paying their most valuable staff a wage even though they can't work either.

There are also some self-employed people taking the piss - some fiddle the books to avoid paying tax, and they will carry on doing that after a nice long holiday paid for by the taxpayer. I am sure that furlough has helped some people and maybe the people taking the piss are a small percentage (just like a small percentage take the piss out of the benefits system). As I say, my neighbours are being paid to stay home and socially distance. The exact opposite is happening, with people popping around their house every so often.

I'm also getting a bit fed up of the sarky remarks about not using this lockdown period to do work around the house - the implication being I am a lazy sod. I don't have the luxury of having had 10 weeks off work, and nor do I want it.