+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The most spineless PM in living memory?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The most spineless PM in living memory?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Adz, I’m not fishing with this but Priti Patel made a statistics/numbers blunder recently, she seems to have escaped the vitriol and mocking that Abbot endured.

Any thoughts?
    I concede that is political but a bit due to race. Priti Patel is anti-immigrant. She is a coconut, she enacts policies that the xenophobia want. Abbott in the other hand is vocal about racial issues.

Banned

Re: The most spineless PM in living memory?

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    I concede that is political but a bit due to race. Priti Patel is anti-immigrant. She is a coconut, she enacts policies that the xenophobia want. Abbott in the other hand is vocal about racial issues.
    I am terribly sorry here Adz, but I really think Abbott would have a different press if she was a Tory. It is completely cruel the way that she has been crucified, like I say I have a lot of respect for her, and her journey to get where she got too. It's completely normal now to have black female MPs. Abbott was a pioneer, and it was a rough ride from the start - but that does not imply all attacks on her are remotely racial. That actually degrades the real arguments on racial inequality and racially motivated ad hominem attacks which do exist.