+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominic Cummings to make public statement this afternoon

Dominic Cummings to make public statement this afternoon

He will also take questions.

I know I have included this in an existing thread but thought it deserved one of its own

Re: Dominic Cummings to make public statement this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

I know I have included this in an existing thread but thought it deserved one of its own
    Fair enough. If he can justify his actions so well and good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Fair enough. If he can justify his actions so well and good.
    Too right, what baffles me the most is why he like plenty of other Kensington or Knightsbridge types, hasn’t got a nanny that does everything? I thought this was the norm? It will be interesting to see what he says for sure, I know a few people who have done similar like Dave from Canton, but it didn’t make the news. No doubt lots have done it.

Mad that Dave from canton isn’t facing the same strategy as the prime minister’s chief strategist.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Mad that Dave from canton isn’t facing the same strategy as the prime minister’s chief strategist.
    It is, Julie from Cathays got away with it too, off to Cornwall in the dead of night.....

It seems quite an unusual step for an unelected advisor to get a national TV platform to make a public statement.

Good. It just shows Johnson for the useless **** that he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    It seems quite an unusual step for an unelected advisor to get a national TV platform to make a public statement.
    Code of Conduct for Special Advisers ... states they must not take “public part in political controversy”.

Point 14 states:

Special advisers must not take public part in political controversy, through any form of statement whether in speeches or letters to the press, or in books, social media, articles or leaflets.

They must observe discretion and express comment with moderation, avoiding personal attacks, and would not normally speak in public for their Minister or the Department.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Code of Conduct for Special Advisers ... states they must not take “public part in political controversy”.

Point 14 states:

Special advisers must not take public part in political controversy, through any form of statement whether in speeches or letters to the press, or in books, social media, articles or leaflets.

They must observe discretion and express comment with moderation, avoiding personal attacks, and would not normally speak in public for their Minister or the Department.
    Either he's no longer a special adviser or he's going to ignore the rules (again)

Theresmore more afoot Holmes, watch this space .

Banned

Nail on head. He has an elevated opinion on his importance.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    He is allowed to defend himself I'd do it to those non conforming media type outside his house .

By the way it includes the evil right wing media?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Point 14 states:

Rules is for fools.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He is allowed to defend himself I'd do it to those non conforming media type outside his house .
    Isn’t he not supposed to speak to the press in his role?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

What time is this happening. Not much else to do under the lockdown, such is my bad luck in having parents who live locally and not in Durham.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    What Boris doesn’t appear to have grasped is a growing criticism that he’s not in charge. Having stepped in personally yesterday to make a statement about this affair to now wheel in Cummings to present the case and take questions himself just makes Boris appear weak again imo.

Having said that, ignoring the accusations of potential rule breaking/massaging once again, I must admit I’m actually looking forward to hearing what DC has to say after all the speculation over the last few days as so far the attempted explanations by cabinet members have been hopeless.

I must admit I’m actually looking forward to hearing what DC has to say after all the speculation over the last few days as so far the attempted explanations by cabinet members have been hopeless.
    Indeed. How much bullshit can Cummings cum out with?

Heisenberg

4pm is the time to set your watches for if you wish to see a grown man try worm his way out of something he did wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    4pm is the time to set your watches for if you wish to see a grown man try worm his way out of something he did wrong.
    I won't be watching it. It's lovely sitting here with the front door and windows open, lovely breeze etc. I don't think the neighbours would appreciate 10 minutes or so of loud expletives.

Think this goes to show who is really in charge of the country and calling the shots.

An unellected, unaccountable adviser, essentially a civil servant, addressing the nation and taking questions? This is pretty unprecedented stuff, especailly during a national crisis.

This guy is the brainchild and strategist behind the current Tory ideaology and post brexit plan. If they lose him, Johnson is in a precarious position. Hence why he has defended him in the face of incredible public fury.

Couldn’t agree more, this isn’t a left or right issue, it isn’t a conservative or labour issue. It’s a group of amoral chancers being lead by a complete ****. Everyone should want him held to account.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I won't be watching it. It's lovely sitting here with the front door and windows open, lovely breeze etc. I don't think the neighbours would appreciate 10 minutes or so of loud expletives.
    You're a City fan.

Aren't they used to it???????

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    Think this goes to show who is really in charge of the country and calling the shots.

An unellected, unaccountable adviser, essentially a civil servant, addressing the nation and taking questions? This is pretty unprecedented stuff, especailly during a national crisis.

This guy is the brainchild and strategist behind the current Tory ideaology and post brexit plan. If they lose him, Johnson is in a precarious position. Hence why he has defended him in the face of incredible public fury.
    You're right, but he's not even a civil servant. And yet he is to all intents and purposes, running the country. It's an insane situation, even without all this.

Banned

What Boris doesn’t appear to have grasped is a growing criticism that he’s not in charge. Having stepped in personally yesterday to make a statement about this affair to now wheel in Cummings to present the case and take questions himself just makes Boris appear weak again imo.

Having said that, ignoring the accusations of potential rule breaking/massaging once again, I must admit I’m actually looking forward to hearing what DC has to say after all the speculation over the last few days as so far the attempted explanations by cabinet members have been hopeless.
    I am looking forward to it too. To keep his job, he has to drop Johnson in it. He is our Rasputin.

It’ll be great if Cummings comes out apologises and then commits Hara Kiri live on TV with Johnson acting as kaishakunin who then lops of Cummings head finishing with a slogan of “Stay at Home, stay alert, keep your head!”