+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Dominic Cummings to make public statement this afternoon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Dominic Cummings to make public statement this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    This "bad eyesight" thing has been miaquoted out of context, on here and by the media, probably deliberately by the oppo leaders and media.

He said he wanted a short drive to check he was safe (this is a bit strange, I admit) - he then went on to say that he HAD BEEN dizzy with blurry eyesight at the height of his illness.
    People have joined up the two statements and the myth that he "drove to test his eyesight" was born.
    But the bit about taking his wife and child along for this 'safety test' and stopping at a river are still correct ?

Anyone remember that vote we had to 'take back control' from the unelected elite ? To be fair not a lot was made of the result so you may have forgotten about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    This "bad eyesight" thing has been miaquoted out of context, on here and by the media, probably deliberately by the oppo leaders and media.

He said he wanted a short drive to check he was safe (this is a bit strange, I admit) - he then went on to say that he HAD BEEN dizzy with blurry eyesight at the height of his illness.
    People have joined up the two statements and the myth that he "drove to test his eyesight" was born.
    He actually said his wife was particularly worried about his eyesight just before he mentioned going on the drive. It would be odd to highlight it that way if he didn’t think It helped to justify the drive. Either way the ‘safety’ test-drive explanation with wife and child in tow was bizarre.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UD-TwHQDDgo

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can I ask, was anyone on here won around by Dominic Cummings yesterday or is there anyone who feels the faith they had in him was justified after hearing what he had to say?
    There's a provocative post if ever I've seen one. While some might argue the 260 mile trip "for family reasons" was a reaction many, remote from their families would take, there can be absolutely no justification for the trip to Barnard Castle and clearly was a breach of the rules. If his eyes were potentially bad why did he subject his son to the dangers of a 60 mile round trip?

Nobody seems to have an answer for that and it was surprising to me the journalists at the time didn't pursue it further. Yet again they flunked their chance and only got their act together when questioning Johnson later which he was able to bat off with ease by saying why didn't they ask Cummings when they had the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    There's a provocative post if ever I've seen one. While some might argue the 260 mile trip "for family reasons" was a reaction many, remote from their families would take, there can be absolutely no justification for the trip to Barnard Castle and clearly was a breach of the rules. If his eyes were potentially bad why did he subject his son to the dangers of a 60 mile round trip?

Nobody seems to have an answer for that and it was surprising to me the journalists at the time didn't pursue it further. Yet again they flunked their chance and only got their act together when questioning Johnson later which he was able to bat off with ease by saying why didn't they ask Cummings when they had the opportunity.
    And if testing ones eyes why risk the family on the test trip , has anyone asked him why his wife didn't drive .

Boris is in a right mess over this .

As a side story Alistair Campbell ( remember him) another the Cummings type , was on this morning and was asked did he ever lie , he profoundly said good god no

Gove on the Radio this morning saying that he has on occasion driven to test his eyesight

How do we end up with these people in charge, they will say and do anything to cling onto power.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Gove on the Radio this morning saying that he has on occasion driven to test his eyesight

How do we end up with these people in charge, they will say and do anything to cling onto power.
    Doesn't he realise driving (unless for shopping, visits to the Doctor etc) is itself a breach of the rules as they existed at the time. Sore eyes is a side effect of COVID-19 but that is irrelevant. He shouldn't have driven to Barnard Castle full stop.

Stop me if I’m wrong but driving a 2 tonne death machine at 30 miles per hour with your family inside to see how bad your eyesight might not be a smart idea.

The trip to Barnard Castle on 12 April happened be on Mary Wakefield's birthday. How nice to be able to have a trip out to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm really surprised that it hasn't gained wider circulation. there was a time that this kind of blatant attempt at deceiving the public would have been career ending
    Post truth era, the elite politicians can get away with what they want these days.

The funny thing is they have the conspiracy theorists fooled and backing them up in many cases.

He claims he was thinking about his child.

He put his child in a car with someone with coronavirus. The result that child is hospitalized.

He also becomes ill.

He arranges care from a 17 year old.

He tests his eyesight by driving to a castle.

Even if you believe his story and he did this out of instinct and he isnt exploiting his own rules it should still lead to his sacking if he wont resign.

What if he had to stop. This wasnt even a local journey was it.

Lets face it this Government's handling of the crisis has been a disaster. Did he portray as someone youd want in these times anyway.?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

He put his child in a car with someone with coronavirus. The result that child is hospitalized.

He also becomes ill.

Even if you believe his story and he did this out of instinct and he isnt exploiting his own rules it should still lead to his sacking if he wont resign.

Lets face it this Government's handling of the crisis has been a disaster. Did he portray as someone youd want in these times anyway.?
    I think what was amazing is that this totally normal guy with a story that wouldn't convince any boss is apparently one of the keenest strategic brains in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I think what was amazing is that this totally normal guy with a story that wouldn't convince any boss is apparently one of the keenest strategic brains in the country.
    That was my thought , I should imagine he is a boffin type good in small room pushing an agenda thumping desks in front of weak civil servants a type of bullying role like Campbell was , he has probably lots of blue sky moments that may impress those in the Whitehall bubble and lets not forget they live in awe of his Brexit moment which if one is lead to believe was a raging loon but hitting the spot sometimes with ideas ,this guy is not long term and i'm wondering what the long game is the corridors of the Tory office , think Boris is up in front of the 1922 committee this week ,that may change the matter .

Boris and Cummings look a lot weaker post Covid . In Boris's case he still looks unwell , not convinced about how bad Cummings had it Covid , he wasn't in a critical care unit unlike Boris ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

He also becomes ill.

Don't forget rushing home to wife fearing she had covid-19 cleaning up her puke, leaving her with a 4 year old child and going back into his place of work.

During the period of self-isolation and apparently showing signs of the virus himself going to a local hospital to pick up his child.

If that's how his brain works would you trust him to do anything?

His actions all hinge on his wife throwing up.

How often has she thrown up in the past? Does she often drink in the daytime? If often ill, why did they conclude it was the virus? If not common, surely the best course was to stay put until she was diagnosed?

It all smacks of a knee-jerk reaction and a strong wife who can impose herself on her husband.

How long before she's also a part of the Sage/Cobra/Brexit set-up?

I assume I wasn't the only one to see right through the mumbling and soft voice? All the act of a desperate man, trying to cling on to his job by attempting to make people feel sorry for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I assume I wasn't the only one to see right through the mumbling and soft voice? All the act of a desperate man, trying to cling on to his job by attempting to make people feel sorry for him.
    yeh , has he forgotten we have see the real him cocky i'm in a scruffy pants an shirtless moment . Did he watch Cumberbatch play him ??

Lucky old Cumberbatch has spent the coronavirus lockdown periuod in NZ Hawke's Bay with his lady

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Boris and Cummings look a lot weaker post Covid .
    Definitely weaker according to this (check Boris' approval rating)
    https://savanta.com/coronavirus-data-tracker/

That's a hell of a drop, shame they couldn't do the same in the other graphs we've got used to seeing

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    Definitely weaker according to this (check Boris' approval rating)
    https://savanta.com/coronavirus-data-tracker/

That's a hell of a drop, shame they couldn't do the same in the other graphs we've got used to seeing
    Shocked that Sir Keir is so low ,after his car home rant ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Shocked that Sir Keir is so low ,after his car home rant ??
    Talking of which has there been any response yet from KS to Cummings press conference?

Sure as eggs is eggs, nothing will be done, and he’ll keep his position under useless Boris

Following his press conference, 59% of Britons think Dominic Cummings should resign from his role as Boris Johnson’s senior adviser over his conduct during lockdown, a poll suggests.

The YouGov poll found 27% of those surveyed believe Cummings should not resign while 14% answered “don’t know”.

The data showed 52% of those surveyed who voted leave in the 2016 EU referendum want Cummings to resign, with 38% answering “should not resign” and 10% “don’t know”.

YouGov said it surveyed 1,160 adults on Tuesday.

ay/26/uk-coronavirus-live-dominic-cumwww.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/mmings-boris-johnson-latest-updates

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Following his press conference, 59% of Britons think Dominic Cummings should resign from his role as Boris Johnson’s senior adviser over his conduct during lockdown, a poll suggests.

The YouGov poll found 27% of those surveyed believe Cummings should not resign while 14% answered “don’t know”.

The data showed 52% of those surveyed who voted leave in the 2016 EU referendum want Cummings to resign, with 38% answering “should not resign” and 10% “don’t know”.

YouGov said it surveyed 1,160 adults on Tuesday.

ay/26/uk-coronavirus-live-dominic-cumwww.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/mmings-boris-johnson-latest-updates
    But at the risk of repeating myself, polsters can predetermine the answer they want by the questions they ask and the way they ask them.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But at the risk of repeating myself, polsters can predetermine the answer they want by the questions they ask and the way they ask them.
    Indeed.

The question YouGov asked was:

'Do you think that nice Mr Cummings should be sacrificed to the baying False News liberal rabble who will invent any old rubbish to get him, or should he stand by Boris and his high humanitarian principles and stay put to Get Brexit Done for the fine British people'?

59% replied 'sack the privileged evil idiot'. 27% said 'don't sack the lying fool yet'. 14% didn't understand the question!

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Indeed.

The question YouGov asked was:

'Do you think that nice Mr Cummings should be sacrificed to the baying False News liberal rabble who will invent any old rubbish to get him, or should he stand by Boris and his high humanitarian principles and stay put to Get Brexit Done for the fine British people'?

59% replied 'sack the privileged evil idiot'. 27% said 'don't sack the lying fool yet'. 14% didn't understand the question!