+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO senior posters

FAO senior posters

Re: FAO senior posters

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Not personally no but it's a game my dad mentions frequently, shortly followed by the 10-1 home loss to Moscow Dynamo ten years earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Not personally no but it's a game my dad mentions frequently, shortly followed by the 10-1 home loss to Moscow Dynamo ten years earlier
    That is a great headline - ‘City beaten in 10 goal thriller’ after being thumped 9-1

It makes me feel good to say that I wasn't even born when that game was played - although my mum was four months pregnant with me when she watched it!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It makes me feel good to say that I wasn't even born when that game was played - although my mum was four months pregnant with me when she watched it!
    Technically then I think we can say you were there. I'm not sure I can imagine City conceding 9 at home ever being described as my favourite game like the City fan who wrote the article. Sounds to me like you may have been in the best place!

No dad was too pissed to !!!!

Banned

My granddad was at the game. He said Wolves were amazing.

I'll accept I was there if it means I can get the state pension nine months earlier .

My father reckoned for the game City had a new centre half - or a new formation and someone was being tried in that position for the 1st time..

My dad was at the game and he told me that 3 things stuck in his mind about the game, firstly the Wolves team was full of really talented players and superior in most positions on the pitch, secondly it was one of those days for Wolves in that everything they tried and the run of ball went in their favour and thirdly our centre half Colin Gale was completely out of his depth. The City had a problem at centre half in that stalwart Stan Montgomery had finished and it was not resolved until Danny Malloy was signed 3 months after this game. Gale only played a handful of games for the City and most were at full back. Wolves were a huge draw in those days, the previous home game against Bolton attracted a crowd of 25,000. The crowd for the 9-1 defeat to Wolves was 45,000. It turned out to be Colin Gale's last game for the City.

I was only 14 months old!

Who remembers City's 12-2 aggregate in the Cup Winner's Cup win over the brown-shirted, Norwegian club Mjøndalen.
    City won the away leg 7-1 before beating them at Ninian Park 5-1 in the home leg.
    I remember listening to the away game, which was played in the afternoon, whilst in class, my long hair concealing the radio earplug.

Senior Posters, does he run the Spanish tapas bar in Mill lane?