+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Right Wing Media

Right Wing Media

At least we now know the right wing media outlets , tabloids and evil BBC chase the right wing Tories down, not just anti Labour / Jezzer .

It's been a 3 day onslaught and counting .

Re: Right Wing Media

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    At least we now know the right wing media outlets , tabloids and evil BBC chase the right wing Tories down, not just anti Labour / Jezzer .

The Mail has been going for Cummings and Johnson for a few days and looks like they will carry on. Otherwise the print media 'chasing down' the Tory government have been the Guardian/Observer, Daily/Sunday Mirror and the Metro. Are you claiming the rest of the (generally Tory supporting) print media have been attacking the government? News to me.

The main broadcasters (BBC and ITV) through their lead political journalists (Kuensberg and Peston) have been very poor - still turning government press releases and 'inside briefings' into headlines, and bowling underarm to Cummings yesterday. Sky and Channel 4 have been much more engaged and done their jobs better.

Online scrutiny of the government handling of the crisis has been very mixed, but there have been examples of excellent journalism and investigation. Also plenty of right wing trolls and apologists - like the Guido Fawkes wonder-child who seems to have his own slot on the BBC!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The Mail has been going for Cummings and Johnson for a few days and looks like they will carry on. Otherwise the print media 'chasing down' the Tory government have been the Guardian/Observer, Daily/Sunday Mirror and the Metro. Are you claiming the rest of the (generally Tory supporting) print media have been attacking the government? News to me.

The main broadcasters (BBC and ITV) through their lead political journalists (Kuensberg and Peston) have been very poor - still turning government press releases and 'inside briefings' into headlines, and bowling underarm to Cummings yesterday. Sky and Channel 4 have been much more engaged and done their jobs better.

Online scrutiny of the government handling of the crisis has been very mixed, but there have been examples of excellent journalism and investigation. Also plenty of right wing trolls and apologists - like the Guido Fawkes wonder-child who seems to have his own slot on the BBC!
    I've had BBC radio 5 on all day it been constant all day .

Replay them on I Player, have a listening .

Switched back n forth for a break from it via LBC same there wall to wall coverage .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

You are a tory apologist and you are embarrassing

This is a major news story and the government and cummings are quite rightly getting it in the neck

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

I thought Peston’s question during the briefing today was quite good. So much so Hancock cut him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I thought Peston’s question during the briefing today was quite good. So much so Hancock cut him off.
    Hancock and others are very good at concluding an 'answer' to a question and not allowing a potentially more awkward follow-up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Hancock and others are very good at concluding an 'answer' to a question and not allowing a potentially more awkward follow-up.
    Not allowing the journalists a comeback question (unless you're Laura Kuenssberg) helps as well.

As for Radio 5 Live today, I've said before that it's amusing how much right wingers bleat "it's not fair" when they start getting critical coverage on a scale which is nowhere near what is the norm for left wing politicians and parties. Five Live had a section where Conservative party members could give their views on Dominic Cummings and there has been a pretty constant stream of people phoning in to defend him - it's been pretty balanced as far as I can see. As for the right wing papers, I'd be interested to learn what the Telegraph, Times and Express have done to show they've turned against him.

Yesterday the Times had a leader saying Cummings should stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    all that Hancock needed to do was a " mic drop " after it, it would have been the perfect end

This is a classic.**** me. These people are running the country

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presente...ings-baranard/