+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 83

Thread: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

  1. #1

    Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    What a shower of nonsense they are

    They should all be walking the plank

  2. #2

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Keel haul 'em!

  3. #3

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Keel haul 'em!
    Indeed

    Very good band Keelhaul

  4. #4

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What a shower of nonsense they are

    They should all be walking the plank
    Had Labour got in we would have had Corbyn, MacDonald and Abbot. An even more useless bunch.

  5. #5

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Had Labour got in we would have had Corbyn, MacDonald and Abbot. An even more useless bunch.
    Hypothetically speaking... How much worse could they have possibly been?

  6. #6

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Had Labour got in we would have had Corbyn, MacDonald and Abbot. An even more useless bunch.
    Are you sure about that ?

    We will never know

    But it's this bunch of arses in charge now and they deserve a right kicking

  7. #7

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hypothetically speaking... How much worse could they have possibly been?
    This type of whataboutery is common and I just don't see the purpose.

  8. #8

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    This type of whataboutery is common and I just don't see the purpose.
    I think the purpose is to desperately clutch at straws.

    We know exactly how poor this Govt. have been but we have no idea how a Corbyn Govt. would have been.

    Could they have been shite? Of course. Would they have definitely been shite? Absolutely not.

    As you say, this sort of "whataboutery" is absolutely rife in political discussion now - it just deflects the argument rather than focussing on it.

  9. #9

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think the purpose is to desperately clutch at straws.

    We know exactly how poor this Govt. have been but we have no idea how a Corbyn Govt. would have been.

    Could they have been shite? Of course. Would they have definitely been shite? Absolutely not.

    As you say, this sort of "whataboutery" is absolutely rife in political discussion now - it just deflects the argument rather than focussing on it.
    History is likely to judge Johnson and his cronies badly. In fact they are being judged badly already.
    They own the UK response to the pandemic. Noone else.

  10. #10

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hypothetically speaking... How much worse could they have possibly been?
    Thank God we will never find out !

    Diane Abbott - How the hell did such a single cellular organism get into politics ?

    I don't think that Boris and Co. have covered themselves in glory but having the 3 stooges at the helm would have been unthinkable.

  11. #11

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    I think this government swept to power on the back of brexit

    They were a bunch of chancers then and they are even worse now

    It's like watching three year olds in nursery learning to fill in colouring books

    They are crass, incompetent, directionless and are starting to try and cover each others backs

    That's always the sign of a sinking ship

  12. #12

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Thank God we will never find out !

    Diane Abbott - How the hell did such a single cellular organism get into politics ?

    I don't think that Boris and Co. have covered themselves in glory but having the 3 stooges at the helm would have been unthinkable.
    Well we know what side of the fence you sit , clearly a tory

    You must be if you are saying only that boris and his crew have failed to cover themselves in glory

    Jesus wept they are inept

  13. #13

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Thank God we will never find out !

    Diane Abbott - How the hell did such a single cellular organism get into politics ?

    I don't think that Boris and Co. have covered themselves in glory but having the 3 stooges at the helm would have been unthinkable.
    When Michael Gove has had at least 3 different roles in Govt. I don't think bringing Diane Abbot's credentials into question is helping the argument against Labour.

  14. #14

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Thank God we will never find out !

    Diane Abbott - How the hell did such a single cellular organism get into politics ?

    I don't think that Boris and Co. have covered themselves in glory but having the 3 stooges at the helm would have been unthinkable.
    Seriously, this is so lame. A few weeks ago, Priti Patel couldn't even read a number properly. Yesterday Michael Gove lied that he'd driven to test his eyesight for no other reason than because two days ago Dominic Cummings said he did (would you jump off a cliff if Dominic did?).

    I am absolutely no fan of Corbyn and the others; in fact I think the country would be in a far better state than it is had they not been in charge of the Labour party even if they weren't in power. But looking at how far the UK has sunk since 2015, I just can't take anyone seriously who says "but it would have been worse under Labour, eh?"

  15. #15

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Had Labour got in we would have had Corbyn, MacDonald and Abbot. An even more useless bunch.
    It would be impossible to get any worse than this unscrupulous shower of shit

  16. #16

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    It would be impossible to get any worse than this unscrupulous shower of shit
    That's not true either.

    The point is that we don't know how much worse we could be off with others in charge - but we know exactly how much shit we're in right now with the Govt. that we have.

    That's the important thing we need to focus on. We need to hold the people in charge accountable for the job that they're doing now and not make up false narratives that fit one's argument.

  17. #17

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Had Labour got in we would have had Corbyn, MacDonald and Abbot. An even more useless bunch.
    pointless post.

  18. #18

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think this government swept to power on the back of brexit

    They were a bunch of chancers then and they are even worse now

    It's like watching three year olds in nursery learning to fill in colouring books

    They are crass, incompetent, directionless and are starting to try and cover each others backs

    That's always the sign of a sinking ship
    Did they sweep to power due to Corbyn being useless or did they sweep to power because the people who voted for brexit and won still wanted it?.
    Most people who voted labour and lost will just keep on and on boring everyone because they lost the same as the nerdy turds who tried to change brexit after the majority voted for it. Bore off you boring gits i bet youe all the same ones who moan about swearing and standing at football..

  19. #19

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Thank God we will never find out !

    Diane Abbott - How the hell did such a single cellular organism get into politics ?

    I don't think that Boris and Co. have covered themselves in glory but having the 3 stooges at the helm would have been unthinkable.
    It's about time the question about what do you think the UK Government has done well in this crisis got another airing. Last time I answered it a few weeks ago, I said getting the Nightingale hospitals up and running so quickly and the furlough scheme - I can't think of anything else to add to the small list at the moment.

    Remember that app that was being trialled in the Isle of Wight? I read somewhere today that the locals are saying that its been lost - the track and trace app which was something else that was being hailed as a "game changer" at the beginning of the month has been lost - you have to laugh because you'd cry otherwise.

    With South Wales quite possibly being the UK's current hotspot, Welsh Labour has got nothing to be complacent about either - I'm honestly beginning to think the people of the UK would do a better job of tackling Covid 19 if they ignored the politicians and just got on with it themselves.

  20. #20

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Had Labour got in we would have had Corbyn, MacDonald and Abbot. An even more useless bunch.
    Yes, the Labour Party got in in New Zealand and their handling of the pandemic has been a total disaster, hasnít it.

  21. #21

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yesterday Michael Gove lied that he'd driven to test his eyesight for no other reason than because two days ago Dominic Cummings said he did (would you jump off a cliff if Dominic did?).
    Gove himself laughing at the utter stupidity of this reply on LBC was certainly a new milestone. It takes highly creative thinking to imagine anybody else handling things worse than this bunch.

  22. #22
    International City123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,154

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    When Michael Gove has had at least 3 different roles in Govt. I don't think bringing Diane Abbot's credentials into question is helping the argument against Labour.
    The hounding of Diane Abbott, the country's first ever black female MP, is disgraceful.

  23. #23
    International City123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,154

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Gove himself laughing at the utter stupidity of this reply on LBC was certainly a new milestone. It takes highly creative thinking to imagine anybody else handling things worse than this bunch.
    The mental gymnastics required to support this shower are astounding

  24. #24

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    The wet politicians and clergymen have much to say
    Defending desires of the sheep they are leading astray

    1967 Roy Harper

  25. #25

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Seriously, this is so lame. A few weeks ago, Priti Patel couldn't even read a number properly. Yesterday Michael Gove lied that he'd driven to test his eyesight for no other reason than because two days ago Dominic Cummings said he did (would you jump off a cliff if Dominic did?).

    I am absolutely no fan of Corbyn and the others; in fact I think the country would be in a far better state than it is had they not been in charge of the Labour party even if they weren't in power. But looking at how far the UK has sunk since 2015, I just can't take anyone seriously who says "but it would have been worse under Labour, eh?"
    Have a you ever heard Diane Abbott interviewed ? I'm merely making the point that her intellect is so low I wouldn't trust her with a paper round let alone running the country.

    I am certainly not an apologist for the Tories. I had been a Labour voter all my life until Jezza took over. Brought up that way, more a socialist than a capitalist but the lines have been blurred ever since Blair came to power. However, the dream ticket of Corbyn and McDonnell made me run for the hills and there was no way I would blindly vote for them.

    As dour as Gordon Brown was, the man was intellectually gifted. And he had the foresight of not agreeing to adopting the euro as our currency. If for instance it had been a choice of him or Boris, you may have had a point about "would it have been worse under Labour?" But Corbyn et al ? Really ?!!

  26. #26

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's about time the question about what do you think the UK Government has done well in this crisis got another airing. Last time I answered it a few weeks ago, I said getting the Nightingale hospitals up and running so quickly and the furlough scheme - I can't think of anything else to add to the small list at the moment.

    Remember that app that was being trialled in the Isle of Wight? I read somewhere today that the locals are saying that its been lost - the track and trace app which was something else that was being hailed as a "game changer" at the beginning of the month has been lost - you have to laugh because you'd cry otherwise.

    With South Wales quite possibly being the UK's current hotspot, Welsh Labour has got nothing to be complacent about either - I'm honestly beginning to think the people of the UK would do a better job of tackling Covid 19 if they ignored the politicians and just got on with it themselves.
    Politicians ? Once in power they're all pretty much the same. Without wanting to open the current can of worms, Government is a tiny cache of inexperienced individuals surrounded by advisors, quangos, Govt. bodies, Civil Service, the Judiciary - all who run rings around them and stifle change, innovation, and decisive actions. Take the dog out for a long walk and forget about them all..

  27. #27

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The hounding of Diane Abbott, the country's first ever black female MP, is disgraceful.
    I was watching a clip of her at her first election recently. No wonder Jeremy was sha***ng her. A good looking woman.
    Not sure were it went wrong for Diane. Despite being highly intelligent she came over rambling in interviews. No doubt the press did a hatchet job and people believe something if its reiterated often enough. A decent and principled woman for all that.

  28. #28

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The mental gymnastics required to support this shower are astounding
    I might try this approach in my next work appraisal and reply that the other person they interviewed would probably have done even worse.

  29. #29

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The hounding of Diane Abbott, the country's first ever black female MP, is disgraceful.
    Colour doesn't come into it so stop playing the race card it's because she's thick

  30. #30

    Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Politicians ? Once in power they're all pretty much the same. Without wanting to open the current can of worms, Government is a tiny cache of inexperienced individuals surrounded by advisors, quangos, Govt. bodies, Civil Service, the Judiciary - all who run rings around them and stifle change, innovation, and decisive actions. Take the dog out for a long walk and forget about them all..
    So you are blaming the civil servants and scientists for this catastrophe? Not the Tory government who make the final decisions?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •