Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Keel haul 'em!
    Indeed

Very good band Keelhaul

Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What a shower of nonsense they are

They should all be walking the plank
    Had Labour got in we would have had Corbyn, MacDonald and Abbot. An even more useless bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Had Labour got in we would have had Corbyn, MacDonald and Abbot. An even more useless bunch.
    pointless post.

Yes, the Labour Party got in in New Zealand and their handling of the pandemic has been a total disaster, hasn’t it.

Quote Originally Posted by superflyblues View Post
    Yes, the Labour Party got in in New Zealand and their handling of the pandemic has been a total disaster, hasn’t it.
    Comparing the Labour party in UK with the Labour party in New Zealand is like comparing Jack the Ripper with a fluffy bunny rabbit. Also, the people who are most vociferous on this forum and the media in general, about criticising the current Government, are the ones who refuse to accept the result of the Brexit vote and the last election, consider anyone who voted for either to be idiots and won't shut up until the will of the British people is ignored and both are reversed. NB to them - the next election isn't until 2024 and by then we will be long shot of the EU and covid-19.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Comparing the Labour party in UK with the Labour party in New Zealand is like comparing Jack the Ripper with a fluffy bunny rabbit. Also, the people who are most vociferous on this forum and the media in general, about criticising the current Government, are the ones who refuse to accept the result of the Brexit vote and the last election, consider anyone who voted for either to be idiots and won't shut up until the will of the British people is ignored and both are reversed. NB to them - the next election isn't until 2024 and by then we will be long shot of the EU and covid-19.
    We wont be long shot of covid 19 if the government response to it is anything to go by

And you think the EU nonsense will sorted by then ?

You have been sold a kipper

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We wont be long shot of covid 19 if the government response to it is anything to go by

And you think the EU nonsense will sorted by then ?

You have been sold a kipper
    Arbroath smokie . Mmmm!!

Heisenberg

Hypothetically speaking... How much worse could they have possibly been?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This type of whataboutery is common and I just don't see the purpose.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    This type of whataboutery is common and I just don't see the purpose.
    I think the purpose is to desperately clutch at straws.

We know exactly how poor this Govt. have been but we have no idea how a Corbyn Govt. would have been.

Could they have been shite? Of course. Would they have definitely been shite? Absolutely not.

As you say, this sort of "whataboutery" is absolutely rife in political discussion now - it just deflects the argument rather than focussing on it.

Are you sure about that ?

We will never know

But it's this bunch of arses in charge now and they deserve a right kicking

I think the purpose is to desperately clutch at straws.

We know exactly how poor this Govt. have been but we have no idea how a Corbyn Govt. would have been.

Could they have been shite? Of course. Would they have definitely been shite? Absolutely not.

As you say, this sort of "whataboutery" is absolutely rife in political discussion now - it just deflects the argument rather than focussing on it.
    History is likely to judge Johnson and his cronies badly. In fact they are being judged badly already.
    They own the UK response to the pandemic. Noone else.

Thank God we will never find out !

Diane Abbott - How the hell did such a single cellular organism get into politics ?

I don't think that Boris and Co. have covered themselves in glory but having the 3 stooges at the helm would have been unthinkable.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post

Diane Abbott - How the hell did such a single cellular organism get into politics ?

I don't think that Boris and Co. have covered themselves in glory but having the 3 stooges at the helm would have been unthinkable.
    When Michael Gove has had at least 3 different roles in Govt. I don't think bringing Diane Abbot's credentials into question is helping the argument against Labour.

When Michael Gove has had at least 3 different roles in Govt. I don't think bringing Diane Abbot's credentials into question is helping the argument against Labour.
    The hounding of Diane Abbott, the country's first ever black female MP, is disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The hounding of Diane Abbott, the country's first ever black female MP, is disgraceful.
    Colour doesn't come into it so stop playing the race card it's because she's thick

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Colour doesn't come into it so stop playing the race card it's because she's thick
    What university did you go to mate?

Seriously, this is so lame. A few weeks ago, Priti Patel couldn't even read a number properly. Yesterday Michael Gove lied that he'd driven to test his eyesight for no other reason than because two days ago Dominic Cummings said he did (would you jump off a cliff if Dominic did?).

I am absolutely no fan of Corbyn and the others; in fact I think the country would be in a far better state than it is had they not been in charge of the Labour party even if they weren't in power. But looking at how far the UK has sunk since 2015, I just can't take anyone seriously who says "but it would have been worse under Labour, eh?"

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yesterday Michael Gove lied that he'd driven to test his eyesight for no other reason than because two days ago Dominic Cummings said he did (would you jump off a cliff if Dominic did?).
    Gove himself laughing at the utter stupidity of this reply on LBC was certainly a new milestone. It takes highly creative thinking to imagine anybody else handling things worse than this bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Gove himself laughing at the utter stupidity of this reply on LBC was certainly a new milestone. It takes highly creative thinking to imagine anybody else handling things worse than this bunch.
    The mental gymnastics required to support this shower are astounding

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The mental gymnastics required to support this shower are astounding
    I might try this approach in my next work appraisal and reply that the other person they interviewed would probably have done even worse.

It's about time the question about what do you think the UK Government has done well in this crisis got another airing. Last time I answered it a few weeks ago, I said getting the Nightingale hospitals up and running so quickly and the furlough scheme - I can't think of anything else to add to the small list at the moment.

Remember that app that was being trialled in the Isle of Wight? I read somewhere today that the locals are saying that its been lost - the track and trace app which was something else that was being hailed as a "game changer" at the beginning of the month has been lost - you have to laugh because you'd cry otherwise.

With South Wales quite possibly being the UK's current hotspot, Welsh Labour has got nothing to be complacent about either - I'm honestly beginning to think the people of the UK would do a better job of tackling Covid 19 if they ignored the politicians and just got on with it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's about time the question about what do you think the UK Government has done well in this crisis got another airing. Last time I answered it a few weeks ago, I said getting the Nightingale hospitals up and running so quickly and the furlough scheme - I can't think of anything else to add to the small list at the moment.

Remember that app that was being trialled in the Isle of Wight? I read somewhere today that the locals are saying that its been lost - the track and trace app which was something else that was being hailed as a "game changer" at the beginning of the month has been lost - you have to laugh because you'd cry otherwise.

With South Wales quite possibly being the UK's current hotspot, Welsh Labour has got nothing to be complacent about either - I'm honestly beginning to think the people of the UK would do a better job of tackling Covid 19 if they ignored the politicians and just got on with it themselves.
    Politicians ? Once in power they're all pretty much the same. Without wanting to open the current can of worms, Government is a tiny cache of inexperienced individuals surrounded by advisors, quangos, Govt. bodies, Civil Service, the Judiciary - all who run rings around them and stifle change, innovation, and decisive actions. Take the dog out for a long walk and forget about them all..