Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
It's about time the question about what do you think the UK Government has done well in this crisis got another airing. Last time I answered it a few weeks ago, I said getting the Nightingale hospitals up and running so quickly and the furlough scheme - I can't think of anything else to add to the small list at the moment.

Remember that app that was being trialled in the Isle of Wight? I read somewhere today that the locals are saying that its been lost - the track and trace app which was something else that was being hailed as a "game changer" at the beginning of the month has been lost - you have to laugh because you'd cry otherwise.

With South Wales quite possibly being the UK's current hotspot, Welsh Labour has got nothing to be complacent about either - I'm honestly beginning to think the people of the UK would do a better job of tackling Covid 19 if they ignored the politicians and just got on with it themselves.
Politicians ? Once in power they're all pretty much the same. Without wanting to open the current can of worms, Government is a tiny cache of inexperienced individuals surrounded by advisors, quangos, Govt. bodies, Civil Service, the Judiciary - all who run rings around them and stifle change, innovation, and decisive actions. Take the dog out for a long walk and forget about them all..