+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

Re: Cummings , Johnson , Hancock , Gove , Patel

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We wont be long shot of covid 19 if the government response to it is anything to go by

And you think the EU nonsense will sorted by then ?

You have been sold a kipper
    Arbroath smokie . Mmmm!!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's true mate. Never under estimate how much easier life for us.

It's true you're being a sensitive soul by crying racism too. It wasn't the cleverest thing for her to say, but it doesn't make it wrong.
    I accept as a generality that life is easier for us than many black people but being overtly racist is unacceptable behaviour, especially for one in the public eye. Ms Abbott has a long history of making unsavoury comments that are at best naive and at worse divisive.

Putting aside my "sensitivities" for one moment, do you honestly believe her comments help multi-culturism prosper in this country or are they more likely to drive a wedge between communities ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Arbroath smokie . Mmmm!!
    I love eggs and kippers in butter for breakfast

It tends to repeat on you during the day but there is a downside to everything

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I accept as a generality that life is easier for us than many black people but being overtly racist is unacceptable behaviour, especially for one in the public eye. Ms Abbott has a long history of making unsavoury comments that are at best naive and at worse divisive.

Putting aside my "sensitivities" for one moment, do you honestly believe her comments help multi-culturism prosper in this country or are they more likely to drive a wedge between communities ?
    I don’t that’s why I said it’s stupid for her to say it but she’s not wrong and anyone being sensitive over it is doing so because they already don’t like her.

Norman Tebbit , the swivel eyed loon liked going on about the cricket test

What a shining light for racial relations he was

He reckoned for those second generation west indian and Pakistani and indian people it was wrong for them to support the land of their forefathers and they should support England

Obviously white english people , born of English people living in spain always support spain and not england when the countries meet

FFS,
    I come home from work, check in on here for some footy related topics and it’s another politics soap box for a few bored fellas with nothing better to do.

Mike / moderators .......can you redirect these threads to the politics forum please.

Dealing with this pandemic is not a right/left or Tory/Labour issue - it's about competence or lack of. Johnson (under Cummings' advice) has surrounded himself with a cabinet containing people like Hancock, Patel, Williamson, Rabb etc - all of whom would have been out of their depth as Parish councillors 20 years ago.
    If we had May, Cameron, Brown, Blair, Major or even Thatcher as PM now, I daresay some mistakes would have been made but I'm sure we would have avoided the shameful, shambolic incompetence that currently embarrasses and endangers us.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I love eggs and kippers in butter for breakfast

It tends to repeat on you during the day but there is a downside to everything
    You can say that again

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    FFS,
    I come home from work, check in on here for some footy related topics and it’s another politics soap box for a few bored fellas with nothing better to do.

Mike / moderators .......can you redirect these threads to the politics forum please.
    Maybe just don’t click on the threads that don’t interest you. Or did you think the names in the title were potential target men?

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    Dealing with this pandemic is not a right/left or Tory/Labour issue - it's about competence or lack of. Johnson (under Cummings' advice) has surrounded himself with a cabinet containing people like Hancock, Patel, Williamson, Rabb etc - all of whom would have been out of their depth as Parish councillors 20 years ago.
    If we had May, Cameron, Brown, Blair, Major or even Thatcher as PM now, I daresay some mistakes would have been made but I'm sure we would have avoided the shameful, shambolic incompetence that currently embarrasses and endangers us.

Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Spot on.
    Agreed. I was about to start a rant but you have saved me the trouble. I haven’t missed football that much due to other priorities during this situation but I am longing to get some distraction from this shite show.

Maybe just don’t click on the threads that don’t interest you. Or did you think the names in the title were potential target men?
    How about topics about politics being on the politics forum.

How about topics about politics being on the politics forum.
    Why don’t you start a thread about football?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    This type of whataboutery is common and I just don't see the purpose.
    Much as I detest Corbyn and co it is pointless to try and guess how they would have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Had Labour got in we would have had Corbyn, MacDonald and Abbot. An even more useless bunch.
    I'm sure they would have played the same game and referred to medical and scientific experts , it's not like any politician has any experience of this type of incident.

All I hope were learning and ready for the next time the Chinese feck up ,because we will .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm sure they would have played the same game and referred to medical and scientific experts , it's not like any politician has any experience of this type of incident.

All I hope were learning and ready for the next time the Chinese feck up ,because we will .
    Are you saying you are Chinese?

The UK had what was considered the world's best pandemic response guidelines. The government didn't put it into action. Other countries, like Singapore, did put the UK's response into action and the difference is clear.

Saying the poor ickle politicians had never been through it before is absolutely no excuse. Even if it was, it's nearly June and their handling appears to be getting worse.

Jacinda Ardern seems to have done alright. Different country admittedly.

Do you think Starmer could’ve done better than cuntwaffle (Boris)?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The UK had what was considered the world's best pandemic response guidelines. The government didn't put it into action. Other countries, like Singapore, did put the UK's response into action and the difference is clear.
    This is true, unfortunately our Government chose the economy.

Why don’t you start a thread about football?

Argh good suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Thank God we will never find out !

Diane Abbott - How the hell did such a single cellular organism get into politics ?

I don't think that Boris and Co. have covered themselves in glory but having the 3 stooges at the helm would have been unthinkable.
    I'm not particularly a fan of Diane Abbott, but the criticism she gets is ridiculous.

Daughter of immigrant parents who were a nurse and a welder, she managed to get into Cambridge and got a degree in History. If she had achieved nothing else in her life that would still have been very impressive given her background and the discrimination she must have received at the time.
    Later she became Britain's first and longest serving black MP, and has been re-elected at 9 general elections, which I think is one more than Nigel Farage has tried and failed to become an MP at.

She had enough sense (and backbone, moral compass) to vote against the Iraq war when many others went placidly along with it.

But she once stumbled over a maths question when in a live radio interview, so people think she is stupid and worthless.

I strongly suspect that she has achieved a lot more in the face of a lot more adversity than you have. So if she is a "single celular organism" then what does that make you?

I've changed my mind, I am now definitely a fan of Diane Abbott

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Jacinda Ardern seems to have done alright. Different country admittedly.

Do you think Starmer could’ve done better than cuntwaffle (Boris)?
    I think he is no pandemic expert , neither is any other politician, and with great respect were the medical experts and scientists , it's an unknown matter for everyone, next time it won't be as we would have learned so much from this pandemic.

I think he is no pandemic expert , neither is any other politician, and with great respect were the medical experts and scientists , it's an unknown matter for everyone, next time it won't be as we would have learned so much from this pandemic.
    This isn't the world's first pandemic. South Korea have done so well because they've been through it before and they knew they needed to act quickly.

To say it's an unknown matter for everyone is absolute rubbish. The UK had the best pandemic response in the world. Asian countries followed it with success. The current UK government did not. This failure is on them. Don't absolve them by pretending that everyone was taken by surprise.