+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Easing of restrictions tomorrow?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Easing of restrictions tomorrow?

What I don't get is that seeing how much of the last 3 months that the children have been off school, why can't when the go back, stay in school through august or part of it?
    I recall reading somewhere that it was suggested but that the teachers unions veto'd it, something to do with teachers holidays or something but I cannot believe that.
    so why can't they be in school through august and catch up, specially the poor buggers who have exams next year,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What I don't get is that seeing how much of the last 3 months that the children have been off school, why can't when the go back, stay in school through august or part of it?
    I recall reading somewhere that it was suggested but that the teachers unions veto'd it, something to do with teachers holidays or something but I cannot believe that.
    so why can't they be in school through august and catch up, specially the poor buggers who have exams next year,
    They haven't been off school. Most have been learning at home. I know my nephew has been studying hard through this and is practically studying 8 hours a day Mon- Fri.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    They haven't been off school. Most have been learning at home. I know my nephew has been studying hard through this and is practically studying 8 hours a day Mon- Fri.
    I'd forgotten about that. My son's school has been busy every day during the lockdown supplying work, marking and answering parent queries etc.

Funny how some people think of schools as a place to dump their kids, as some glorified child minding service with some learning thrown in.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'd forgotten about that. My son's school has been busy every day during the lockdown supplying work, marking and answering parent queries etc.

Funny how some people think of schools as a place to dump their kids, as some glorified child minding service with some learning thrown in.
    Yeah, or teachers are lazy so-and-sos because of all the holidays they get.

I know teachers who stay for hours after school helping kids out, weekend work, lesson plans throughout the year, start it all again for the next year.

Yeah, or teachers are lazy so-and-sos because of all the holidays they get.

I know teachers who stay for hours after school helping kids out, weekend work, lesson plans throughout the year, start it all again for the next year.
    Those are the ones, yes.

Most of what has been written about teaching unions has been bollocks to pursue a political agenda. The Daily Heil has been particularly awful in this regard. Teaching union asks that things are as safe as possible for teaching staff before returning. Daily Mail suggests that's a dreadful thing and unions are to blame for schools not opening.

My wife is a teacher and has worked every day throughout lockdown.

She'd scratch your eyes out if she was asked to work through the summer holiday.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post

She'd scratch your eyes out if she was asked to work through the summer holiday.
    got my answer then. Thanks.

Banned

I wouldn't mind betting that she has been working harder than usual too.

I love all these experts who usually harp on about "teachers holidays". It's usually envy because they weren't quite clever enough to be teachers, and had to end up being something mundane like a logistics manager instead.

International

I wouldn't mind betting that she has been working harder than usual too.

I love all these experts who usually harp on about "teachers holidays". It's usually envy because they weren't quite clever enough to be teachers, and had to end up being something mundane like a logistics manager instead.
    you really are a sad bastard aren't you. you do make me laugh!!!! I spotted someone else suggested it's time you got another new user name. how many have to ask each time before you do it? lol
    don't bother answering, I'm not interested really.

Banned

you really are a sad bastard aren't you. you do make me laugh!!!! I spotted someone else suggested it's time you got another new user name. how many have to ask each time before you do it? lol
    don't bother answering, I'm not interested really.
    What the heck are you on about now?

100% job security. 100% wages. I can imagine several million of people who would envy the teachers..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    100% job security. 100% wages. I can imagine several million of people who would envy the teachers..
    I can imagine several million people respect teachers a bit more for taking their kids off their hands five days a week.

Banned

Inspiring kids, pay freezes, abusive students, abusive parents, accusations of laziness, staying behind because parents didn't pick kids up, getting in early to give kids a breakfast, spending their own money to give kids a treat.

I was a teacher for 2 years, toughest job I ever did - but with the best colleagues you could ever wish for.

They deserve the 100% job security and wages. They are what drives this country forward.

Inspiring kids, pay freezes, abusive students, abusive parents, accusations of laziness, staying behind because parents didn't pick kids up, getting in early to give kids a breakfast, spending their own money to give kids a treat.

I was a teacher for 2 years, toughest job I ever did - but with the best colleagues you could ever wish for.

They deserve the 100% job security and wages. They are what drives this country forward.
    Totally agree. Teachers are looked down upon for being too thick to do anything else. I've seen it on here many times. It's a tough job, and in some schools I'd call it an impossible job.

Being a Wales-based message board I'm guessing 80% of those who post regularly on here are either not working or one way or the other employed by the The State. I've noticed there's no recognition on here of the unfolding financial situation that the rest of the working population are facing. Folk who work in the public sector tend to stay within their own 'bubble'. Understandable I suppose..

Being a Wales-based message board I'm guessing 80% of those who post regularly on here are either not working or one way or the other employed by the The State. I've noticed there's no recognition on here of the unfolding financial situation that the rest of the working population are facing. Folk who work in the public sector tend to stay within their own 'bubble'. Understandable I suppose..
    So what do you want teachers to do about all that? You sound as if it's their fault.

80% of those who post regularly are not working or "employed by The State"
    No recognition of the unfolding financial situation that the working population are facing.

These two sentences don't seem to make sense. How can it not be recognised if many are going through it?

**** me you post some bollocks. What has this got to do with teachers?

Are you another "free thinker" who thinks they're the only one who's realised this is bad for the global economy?

So what?