+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Easing of restrictions tomorrow?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Easing of restrictions tomorrow?

Let’s have a guess, what will Drakeford and co give us?

Re: Easing of restrictions tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Very little I suspect. Wales playing the 'only adult in the playground' role..

Hopefully, house sales to resume. Exercise as much as you like. Go to the beach. Climb a mountain or two. Back to work, with restrictions.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Hopefully, house sales to resume. Exercise as much as you like. Go to the beach. Climb a mountain or two. Back to work, with restrictions.
    I think that sounds most likely. I am also interested in what advice they give the vulnerable who have been locked down for 12 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I think that sounds most likely. I am also interested in what advice they give the vulnerable who have been locked down for 12 weeks.
    See you in 12 months is the advice there

Banned

See you in 12 months is the advice there
    I haven't seen that advice published anywhere, have you?

Sounds good but sounds way to positive for Wales.....

That will do me. Need to sell my house ASAP.

I’m really hoping Drakeford & co see sense and allow us all to recommence our naked games of a Twister. I’m missing the neighbours.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I'm terrible at maths (yep, even basic maths) so please correct me if I'm wrong... But hasn't it only been 9 weeks so far? If it has, then I imagine the advice would be to shield for another 3 weeks until the initial guidance has been met. Seems the most common sense approach to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm terrible at maths (yep, even basic maths) so please correct me if I'm wrong... But hasn't it only been 9 weeks so far? If it has, then I imagine the advice would be to shield for another 3 weeks until the initial guidance has been met. Seems the most common sense approach to me.
    Quite a few oldies I know, parents in law etc...started before the schools broke up as they were concerned. 11 weeks it will be for them this weekend, they started 15 March. I can’t believe you are terrible at something mind....

Banned

Yes, that seems about right actually. I think this is our 10th week of lockdown (so last batch of 3 weeks). I'm just wondering if we will get an indication of what happens beyond that - or if there is any data that suggests vulnerable people should extend their actions beyond these last 3 weeks.

Heisenberg

Quite a few oldies I know, parents in law etc...started before the schools broke up as they were concerned. 11 weeks it will be for them this weekend, they started 15 March. I can’t believe you are terrible at something mind....
    They voluntarily decided to shield then. They clearly did the right thing.

Your mate Boris and his chums have said this though: "the Government is currently advising people to shield until 30 June 2020 and is regularly monitoring this position."

That still stands according to .Gov

The Welsh guidance states "people who have a serious underlying health condition to stay at home until at least 15 June 2020"

Any remarks about that, goats?

Doesn't quite fit your agenda does it

They voluntarily decided to shield then. They clearly did the right thing.

Your mate Boris and his chums have said this though: "the Government is currently advising people to shield until 30 June 2020 and is regularly monitoring this position."

That still stands according to .Gov

The Welsh guidance states "people who have a serious underlying health condition to stay at home until at least 15 June 2020"

Any remarks about that, goats?

Doesn't quite fit your agenda does it
    I think they will have to shield until either the virus disappears or a vaccine is found. Prob the latter, so no going out for a year maybe.
    Not sure what my agenda is with regard to that? My mum is 87 in assisted living complex and father in law in 72 with COPD. Both high risk.
    Don’t want to piss on your chips but I’ve never voted Tory in my life, I swing down the middle and always have. Didn’t even vote last time I loath politics as you can probably tell. All the lefties I know tend to be the still living at home with mummy types mid 40’s, no kids, never had a proper job, have no time for their opinions to be honest. And the Tories I know just tend to be selfish twaaaaats. Which one are you?

Heisenberg

I think they will have to shield until either the virus disappears or a vaccine is found. Prob the latter, so no going out for a year maybe.
    Not sure what my agenda is with regard to that? My mum is 87 in assisted living complex and father in law in 72 with COPD. Both high risk.
    Don’t want to piss on your chips but I’ve never voted Tory in my life, I swing down the middle and always have. Didn’t even vote last time I loath politics as you can probably tell. All the lefties I know tend to be the still living at home with mummy types mid 40’s, no kids, never had a proper job, have no time for their opinions to be honest. And the Tories I know just tend to be selfish twaaaaats. Which one are you?
    Your continued bashing of the Welsh Govt. for everything that you perceive they are doing worse than the UK Govt. even though you can't back it up - that agenda.

I must be a Tory if that's the only criteria you're posing

Your continued bashing of the Welsh Govt. for everything that you perceive they are doing worse than the UK Govt. even though you can't back it up - that agenda.

I must be a Tory if that's the only criteria you're posing
    You probably are, they are usually smug gits.....
    Are you talking about how abysmal the testing has been here? Doesn’t wales also have one of the worst % per pop of deaths? Drakefords done well your right

Heisenberg

You probably are, they are usually smug gits.....
    Are you talking about how abysmal the testing has been here? Doesn’t wales also have one of the worst % per pop of deaths? Drakefords done well your right
    Find one quote of me saying Drakeford has done well and I will register to join the Tory party and post the proof on here

It's the fact that you've been criticising them for shit you clearly don't understand - like the shielding and what's happening with schools. Your argument is that schools need to open soon because your child needs to be back in education - that's just part of the issue. The fact that you were adamant that children can't even get Covid-19 hopefully explains why you were so upset at them not being open already.

I don't know if Wales has one of the worst percentage of deaths per capita, goats. I wouldn't have thought that they did but I'm terrible at maths, remember. If you have that evidence somewhere, please feel free to share it so I can be critical of how Drakeford's been managing that aspect of the situation to add to how shit the testing in Wales has been (which it has).

Didn’t even vote last time
    To be honest, and this is just my opinion, if you don't vote you shouldn't get to preach about politics

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    To be honest, and this is just my opinion, if you don't vote you shouldn't get to preach about politics
    I agree and I tend not to get involved in it. It seems to bring the worst out of people and turns what is a decent mate into a cnut when he starts blabbering about politics....can’t be much more off putting in a person. Political opinion is a Bit like a haemorrhoid, we all have them but we don’t need to talk about them.

All the lefties I know tend to be the still living at home with mummy types mid 40’s, no kids, never had a proper job
    Crikey. Virtually all of the lefties I know are teachers, lecturers, NHS workers, even well off people with their own businesses.

Most of the right wing people I know are those of lesser intelligence who won't even acknowledge anything factual and prefer their own opinions, regardless of how wrong they are. Most of them have no idea about the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Crikey. Virtually all of the lefties I know are teachers, lecturers, NHS workers, even well off people with their own businesses.

Most of the right wing people I know are those of lesser intelligence who won't even acknowledge anything factual and prefer their own opinions, regardless of how wrong they are. Most of them have no idea about the economy.
    Leftie business owners? Yeah righto

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Leftie business owners? Yeah righto
    Surprisingly so. It seems like a given that those who chase money and profits must be on the political right but that's not entirely true. There are bosses out there who look after their staff and value their product before huge wads of cash. There are bosses who have no issue with paying taxes and contributing to society in that way.

No lockdown existed in the area of Barry that I live in, everything has carried on as normal. Many people gathered in gardens, not from the same house, a few parties have been thrown. My wife and I have stuck to it and ain't seen the grandkids in ten weeks. Even if one of you have flouted the law that led to someone's demise I hope you feel very happy with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    No lockdown existed in the area of Barry that I live in, everything has carried on as normal. Many people gathered in gardens, not from the same house, a few parties have been thrown. My wife and I have stuck to it and ain't seen the grandkids in ten weeks. Even if one of you have flouted the law that led to someone's demise I hope you feel very happy with yourself.
    Yes my two kids haven’t really seen there grandparents in 10 weeks either......not nice for either

Yes my two kids haven’t really seen there grandparents in 10 weeks either......not nice for either
    Anyone been to the supermarket ? You're probably 100x more likely to get CV19 in Tesco compared with sitting in the garden talking to your children/grandchildren whilst keeping 2m apart.
    Then again, rules are rules, and the people must obey..