+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Easing of restrictions tomorrow?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Easing of restrictions tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Inspiring kids, pay freezes, abusive students, abusive parents, accusations of laziness, staying behind because parents didn't pick kids up, getting in early to give kids a breakfast, spending their own money to give kids a treat.

I was a teacher for 2 years, toughest job I ever did - but with the best colleagues you could ever wish for.

They deserve the 100% job security and wages. They are what drives this country forward.
    Totally agree. Teachers are looked down upon for being too thick to do anything else. I've seen it on here many times. It's a tough job, and in some schools I'd call it an impossible job.

Inspiring kids, pay freezes, abusive students, abusive parents, accusations of laziness, staying behind because parents didn't pick kids up, getting in early to give kids a breakfast, spending their own money to give kids a treat.

I was a teacher for 2 years, toughest job I ever did - but with the best colleagues you could ever wish for.

They deserve the 100% job security and wages. They are what drives this country forward.
    Being a Wales-based message board I'm guessing 80% of those who post regularly on here are either not working or one way or the other employed by the The State. I've noticed there's no recognition on here of the unfolding financial situation that the rest of the working population are facing. Folk who work in the public sector tend to stay within their own 'bubble'. Understandable I suppose..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    100% job security. 100% wages. I can imagine several million of people who would envy the teachers..
    So what?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What I don't get is that seeing how much of the last 3 months that the children have been off school, why can't when the go back, stay in school through august or part of it?
    I recall reading somewhere that it was suggested but that the teachers unions veto'd it, something to do with teachers holidays or something but I cannot believe that.
    so why can't they be in school through august and catch up, specially the poor buggers who have exams next year,
    Because they’ve been locked in for 11 weeks and counting.

Poor ****ers are going stir crazy, especially the ones observing the restrictions.

And now you want to take their six weeks holidays off them?

I assume you haven’t got young children?

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Poor ****ers are going stir crazy, especially the ones observing the restrictions.

I'm not sure if this is a wooosh ot not lol.

I don't think the kids would mind being in school with all their mates but I just don't understand why it cannot be done.

Banned

I don't think the kids would mind being in school with all their mates but I just don't understand why it cannot be done.
    Because the kids need a break. They need holiday time with parents.

Banned

Exactly.

Also, it's hardly as if teachers have been sat around doing sod all as well. They have been working with kids remotely, especially kids doing GCSEs and A Levels.

I bet all these people on furlough will be taking their full leave entitlement. In fact, in our place they have allowed furloughed staff to carry forward leave into next year as well, unrestricted. Oddly, I was refused a day off for tomorrow because there is too much work on.

A woosh? This is the 21st century the kids are getting lessons online. It’s not the same as being in school but it’s not the six weeks holidays either.

I’m sure they would rather be out playing with their friends or in school with their friends than stuck at home but neither is possible at the moment.

My youngest daughter is going to comp this year and will miss all her transition days. My eldest is in the middle of doing her GCSEs. Trust me, it’s no picnic for either of them.

I’d like to see you stay in for 3 months when you were their age.

International

[QUOTE=J R Hartley;5081400]A woosh? This is the 21st century the kids are getting lessons online. It’s not the same as being in school but it’s not the six weeks holidays either.

I’m sure they would rather be out playing with their friends or in school with their friends than stuck at home but neither is possible at the moment.

My youngest daughter is going to comp this year and will miss all her transition days. My eldest is in the middle of doing her GCSEs. Trust me, it’s no picnic for either of them.

I’d like to see you stay in for 3 months when you were their age.[/QUOTE

I think we're on the same page,
    I was suggesting they should go to school for exactly the reasons you state, it is others, such as unions that seem to think its not possible.
    But see the replies by others above.

[QUOTE=xsnaggle;5081403]
    A woosh? This is the 21st century the kids are getting lessons online. It’s not the same as being in school but it’s not the six weeks holidays either.

I’d like to see you stay in for 3 months when you were their age.[/QUOTE

I think we're on the same page,
    I was suggesting they should go to school for exactly the reasons you state, it is others, such as unions that seem to think its not possible.
    But see the replies by others above.
    Once again you blame unions with nothing other than bollocks from the right wing media to base your opinions on. Strange as you don't seem to listen to opinions if they disagree with yours.

Asking kids to remain in school for 3 months is utterly ridiculous. I've got a 7 year old. He won't work when he knows there is school holidays.

You clearly have never taught or you'd know that 3 months solid in a classroom is hardly feasible.

Once again, are you looking at education or just somewhere for parents to dump their kids so they can work?

International

[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;5081447]

Once again you blame unions with nothing other than bollocks from the right wing media to base your opinions on. Strange as you don't seem to listen to opinions if they disagree with yours.

Asking kids to remain in school for 3 months is utterly ridiculous. I've got a 7 year old. He won't work when he knows there is school holidays.

You clearly have never taught or you'd know that 3 months solid in a classroom is hardly feasible.

Once again, are you looking at education or just somewhere for parents to dump their kids so they can work?
    What do you mean by "Again" And I'm not blaming the unions or anyone, i only said that I read somewhere that it isn't possible. I assume you read it too, if you know where it was printed, I can't remember. I don't read newspaper real or on line.
    All I did was ask a question. I got the answer and accepted it. What do you feel the need to attack me, using phrases like bollocks form the right wing media. You seem to politicise everything. It gets really tedious and boring. Not everyone in this world sees everything through politically tainted spectacles like you seem to.

Banned

[QUOTE=xsnaggle;5081450]
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

What do you mean by "Again" And I'm not blaming the unions or anyone, i only said that I read somewhere that it isn't possible. I assume you read it too, if you know where it was printed, I can't remember. I don't read newspaper real or on line.
    All I did was ask a question. I got the answer and accepted it. What do you feel the need to attack me, using phrases like bollocks form the right wing media. You seem to politicise everything. It gets really tedious and boring. Not everyone in this world sees everything through politically tainted spectacles like you seem to.

Christ! xsnaggle doesn't do irony, but if he did....

[QUOTE=xsnaggle;5081450]
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Pot kettle black. Amazing.

No Snaggles, we are not on the same page. You are suggesting the kids give up their six weeks holidays. I say by the time August comes they need their time off for their sanity.

People who have worked through this period, such as myself, will also be looking forward to a week or two off in August with the kids.

No Snaggles, we are not on the same page. You are suggesting the kids give up their six weeks holidays. I say by the time August comes they need their time off for their sanity.

People who have worked through this period, such as myself, will also be looking forward to a week or two off in August with the kids.

International

OK

Banned

Hope you get to have a good break mate.

Also wish the same for those teachers who are looking after kids of care workers, nurses, docs and other essential workers.
    And to teachers who are working through this too.

my daughters school want to only have 4 weeks summer holiday, we had to vote on it last week

by all accounts our LEA have said they can if they want

i dont think you can beat face to face teaching, i know my daughters A level teachers set the work and left them to it, its mainly assignment based though, she has had 3 zoom lessons in all this time

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    my daughters school want to only have 4 weeks summer holiday, we had to vote on it last week

by all accounts our LEA have said they can if they want

i dont think you can beat face to face teaching, i know my daughters A level teachers set the work and left them to it, its mainly assignment based though, she has had 3 zoom lessons in all this time
    Agreed, but it has to be safe as well.

I don't read newspaper real or on line.

Hear hear to all of that.
    Teaching is a vocation and as for the security aspect, it is certainly earned.

What time are they letting Drakeford out of his care home, to make his speech ???

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What time are they letting Drakeford out of his care home, to make his speech ???
    When you see the tumbleweeds rolling out of the civic centre you’ll know he’s about to begin something akin to a speech by Mandela or the like.....if you fall asleep it will be something like you can meet another person in a park........woooooosh......like no ones being seeing people they no in parks for the last 10 weeks........

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Totally agree. Teachers are looked down upon for being too thick to do anything else. I've seen it on here many times. It's a tough job, and in some schools I'd call it an impossible job.
    And not for enough money imo. Can only take set holidays, no sneaking off for a coffee if they’re feeling like a break, no quiet day doing admin if they’re feeling a bit off. One of those jobs I’d never do, nothing but respect for people who do it.

I always had an arrogant attitude towards teachers when I was younger, thought it was an easy route for the drop outs. But I’ve got a few friends who do it and it’s definitely harder work than you’d think.

Heisenberg

The 5 mile "guideline" is an absolute joke - you wouldn't even be able to travel from Canton to St Mellons to visit family

I imagine nobody will be adhering to it anyway thanks to The Cummings Law.