+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice for George Floyd petition

Re: Justice for George Floyd petition

I know I have posted this before but if anyone needs a reminder

https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Tell that to African Americans who face systemic racism that gets them more likely to be killed by the people meant to protect them, less economic opportunities, basically second class citizens. And that is after years of slavery and segregation
    What about the North of Ireland then, weren't they second class citizens in their own country with less economic opportunities ?, wasn't there a form of holocaust perpetrated against those people from that island years earlier, I know an Irishman from a village who I heard tell a story where our soldiers pulled every male over 8 years old out of their houses and they were all executed and that was barely 200 years ago.

International

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    What about the North of Ireland then, weren't they second class citizens in their own country with less economic opportunities ?, wasn't there a form of holocaust perpetrated against those people from that island years earlier, I know an Irishman from a village who I heard tell a story where our soldiers pulled every male over 8 years old out of their houses and they were all executed and that was barely 200 years ago.
    And what about the Romans when they came here ans slaughtered all the supporters of Boudica.

I know a story of families living peacefully in northern Ireland who were dragged kicking and screaming from their houses and then made to watch the whole street burn, set on fire by members of the PIRA, and that wasn't anywhere near 200 years ago. And that is recorded fact not just a story.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    And what about the Romans when they came here ans slaughtered all the supporters of Boudica.

I know a story of families living peacefully in northern Ireland who were dragged kicking and screaming from their houses and then made to watch the whole street burn, set on fire by members of the PIRA, and that wasn't anywhere near 200 years ago. And that is recorded fact not just a story.
    I don't tell stories, the bloke was from Killala ,the burning you described was usually the other way around, Bombay Street springs to mind.

International

I don't tell stories, the bloke was from Killala ,the burning you described was usually the other way around, Bombay Street springs to mind.
    Trust me it wasn't The other way round. I know, I was there!
    But like your comment about 200 yrs ago in ireland it isn't really relevant to this.

Trust me it wasn't The other way round. I know, I was there!
    But like your comment about 200 yrs ago in ireland it isn't really relevant to this.
    I don't trust you in the slightest, I responded to a post referring to things not just in the present but long ago, I gave examples of relevant issues from recent times as well as in the distant past.
    Racism does not just effect black people.

International

I don't trust you in the slightest, I responded to a post referring to things not just in the present but long ago, I gave examples of relevant issues from recent times as well as in the distant past.
    Racism does not just effect black people.
    I couldn't gife a toss whether you trust me or not frankly. But you better be careful about saying things like that on here. i said something similar and was put on the naughty step. appartently, according to the bible of CCMB all racist stems from Uk's colonial past. Everyone knows that.

I criticise Britain because I live here. I was born and bred here. And also because we are all British. Pakistan, tbh I don't have much first hand experience so I cannot talk with confidence but I know it is rubbish in terms of social equality. I complain about that too but mainly in conversation with my Asian friends or whenever the topic comes up.

I am gonna quote Dave's performance at the Brits: "The least racist is still racist".

Anyway enough of all this personal stuff and (for now) irrelevant conversation. People in America are angry over years of systemic racism, that has lead to disproportional incarcerations, less economic opportunities, and even many deaths of innocent people. I know that it has been mentioned many times but this is the point of the thread and I think it would be best to avoid it from being derailed
    Britain is not what it used to be, but there again, neither is the rest of the world.

I know I have posted this before but if anyone needs a reminder

https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/
    90% of black people murdered in the USA are murdered by another black person.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    90% of black people murdered in the USA are murdered by another black person.
    84% of white people murder victims in the USA are murdered by another white person.

What's your point?

Again anyone questioning it should educate themselves, this video is very helpful:

https://youtu.be/jQ_0bqWKO-k

I couldn't gife a toss whether you trust me or not frankly. But you better be careful about saying things like that on here. i said something similar and was put on the naughty step. appartently, according to the bible of CCMB all racist stems from Uk's colonial past. Everyone knows that.
    I should be alright on that score then as I wouldn't argue with CCMB if they thought that lots of UK racism stems from the UK's colonial past.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Again anyone questioning it should educate themselves, this video is very helpful:

https://youtu.be/jQ_0bqWKO-k
    MTV Decoded is a great series on learning about racial matters

International

84% of white people murder victims in the USA are murdered by another white person.

What's your point?
    The vast majority of people who are murdered knew the person who murders them. That's why professional hitmen get away with it, no connection.

The vast majority of people who are murdered knew the person who murders them. That's why professional hitmen get away with it, no connection.
    Exactly.

The whole "black on black" argument is disingenuous anyway.

Unless people are racist enough to think black people are genetically more prone to violence then they should be ready to accept that there would be an issue with society causing it.

It is all such a complicated intertwined paradigm that it’s tough for me to get my head and my emotions around.

It struck me and shocked me 18 years ago when I moved here how there seemed to be more racial undertones than in the UK.

To just blame racist police and other institutions is massively oversimplifying things.

It’s how black people are perceived, still today....as too different and a threat by so many people and how how these perceptions must understandably perpetuate the feeling of disenfranchisement and resentment that needs addressing.

Relative financial inequality is also another big factor that contributes to the cycle of problems and lord knows how to tackle that?

One can only hope that this whole sorry situation is the catalyst for positive change.

Seen Spike Lee on the box yesterday, giving a history lesson as regards the founding of the USA, genocide, stealing land and slavery.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world...mpression=true
    Talking of racism the above story has made the news today and has been described as anti Irish racism perpetrated in this case by the English, England has a state religion, the supreme Governor of the church of England is the Queen.
    It's not just black people that suffer racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    It is all such a complicated intertwined paradigm that it’s tough for me to get my head and my emotions around.

It struck me and shocked me 18 years ago when I moved here how there seemed to be more racial undertones than in the UK.

To just blame racist police and other institutions is massively oversimplifying things.

It’s how black people are perceived, still today....as too different and a threat by so many people and how how these perceptions must understandably perpetuate the feeling of disenfranchisement and resentment that needs addressing.

Relative financial inequality is also another big factor that contributes to the cycle of problems and lord knows how to tackle that?

One can only hope that this whole sorry situation is the catalyst for positive change.
    All good points, it definitely runs much deeper than just the police.

All good points, it definitely runs much deeper than just the police.
    Talking of the police was the Cardiff 5 all black/mixed race ?, and didn't the eventual trial against the police collapse due to missing paperwork ?
    There was all sorts of racism accusations against our police, were things ever put in place to prevent our police doing the same thing in the future ?, it's just not America there are problems.

I see the UK protests have turned ugly. Let’s attack UK police because of some psychos on the American force. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm sure a few on here who would be up for it judging by their moralistic posts. I am grateful that I was brought up the right way to respect everybody, so this public display of guilt-tripping is quite an alien concept to me.
    Cheers for the reply

they appear to be ignoring my post though

International

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Cheers for the reply

they appear to be ignoring my post though
    It as probably too sensible

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I see the UK protests have turned ugly. Let’s attack UK police because of some psychos on the American force. Crazy.
    The Biggest disappointment with these protests is that most seem to have forgotten that the world is under attack from Covid-19 and its not as if the BAME community is exempt from it

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    The Biggest disappointment with these protests is that most seem to have forgotten that the world is under attack from Covid-19 and its not as if the BAME community is exempt from it
    The BAME community is affected more from COVID. You can look at the other side and say that the people protesting are taking on such a risk to protest