+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1323

Thread: Justice for George Floyd petition

Re: Justice for George Floyd petition

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Wow...lol.

I live in a nice neighborhood.
    My African American friends come from many different backgrounds...you know like White People do!!

I’m not as much of a gobshite as you and wouldn’t think of espousing my opinions of what they should or shouldn’t do to them.
    I have listened though when on occasions the subject has been brought up
    Well if you think that your african american friends should throw their chains off , forget about positive discrimination ........sowells view which you agree with , if they are your mates why havnt you discussed it with them ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It wasnt race though , it was the persecution of catholics in northern Ireland by the protestant ruling class and discrimination in jobs , housing etc . It wasnt because the northern irish catholics had a different skin colour than the protestants . It was discrimination based on religion . Still discrimination though .
    It's race alright they won't even let them have their own language, that's why there was no Irish Parliament for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What does he say about race that you agree with him on?
    So , given what you have offered , you agree with a lot of views of two right wing libertarian conservatives on race and you dont agree with strict gun control ?

I am not so sure I am seeing that as a good thing but you live in a free country although it's more free for some than others
    I also fervently disagree with the Health Care System here.
    I am against the banking system.
    I believe that Men and Woman are equal.
    I believe that people of all races are equal.
    I believe in good pay and benefits for working people.
    I would prefer companies to remain private and not floated.
    I hate the oil industry.
    I hate K Street lobbyists.
    I am Pro Gay Marriage.
    I am Pro Abortion.
    I believe in a strong but fair welfare system that shouldn’t be abused.

Does that sound Right Wing to you?

As for gun control, did you not read the part where I said certain weapons should be banned?

Well if you think that your african american friends should throw their chains off , forget about positive discrimination ........sowells view which you agree with , if they are your mates why havnt you discussed it with them ?
    I am not an African American and it isn’t my place to tell anyone what they should do, let alone an African American on such a sensitive issue.

I am not an African American and it isn’t my place to tell anyone what they should do, let alone an African American on such a sensitive issue.
    What are their opinions then?

I also fervently disagree with the Health Care System here.
    I am against the banking system.
    I believe that Men and Woman are equal.
    I believe that people of all races are equal.
    I believe in good pay and benefits for working people.
    I would prefer companies to remain private and not floated.
    I hate the oil industry.
    I hate K Street lobbyists.
    I am Pro Gay Marriage.
    I am Pro Abortion.
    I believe in a strong but fair welfare system that shouldn’t be abused.

Does that sound Right Wing to you?

As for gun control, did you not read the part where I said certain weapons should be banned?
    Yes I read all that but you still think that black people should throw off their past , you dont agree with positive discrimination and you are thinking of buying a gun

That doesnt add up

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    It's race alright they won't even let them have their own language, that's why there was no Irish Parliament for so long.
    All sorts of different definitions have been flying around for decades when it comes to race equality - and they crop up on this board all the time from people who claim there is no such thing as islamophobia ('cos that's a religion not a race) or anti-semitism (because all the people of the middle east are semites) - where is Organ Morgan by the way?

But the UK Equality Act 2010 is the best shared point of reference - and the basis of most community and workplace education and training in the past 10 years.

The Equality Act 2010 says you must not be discriminated against because of your race.

In the Equality Act, race can mean your colour, or your nationality (including your citizenship). It can also mean your ethnic or national origins, which may not be the same as your current nationality.

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/...%20nationality.

For all practical purposes members of different nationalities (Irish, Poles) or ethnicities (Travellers - if not covered by nationality) have the same characteristics and protections as members of different races.

You said you agree with the right wing conservative sowell a lot .....particularly on race

So do any of your african american friends ever bring up sowell in conversation ? What do they think ? If any of them agree with his right wing views do you discuss it with them ? Have you ever discussed sowell and his views on race , which you share , with your other african American friends ? What did they say ?

Interesting stuff Jon.

I wonder if Churchill (or Hitler) thought the Welsh were cleverer than the English ?, considering Churchill (and Hitler) was big into eugenics and all that.

Yes I read all that but you still think that black people should throw off their past , you dont agree with positive discrimination and you are thinking of buying a gun

That doesnt add up
    First off, I am specifically discussing African Americans here, not Black People from other parts of the world.

Secondly, I said I agree with a view from an African American intellectual that personal responsibility is important and that the shackles of victimhood should be broken.
    Nothing to do with throwing off their past.

Do you believe that African Americans should live in perpetual victimhood?

With the potential defunding of Police Forces and the ensuing anarchy that would ensue do you blame me for wanting protection?
    I predict things are going to get bleak, that’s why I’m contemplating it, not for vanity or for kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    What are their opinions then?
    As you can imagine it varies.
    One size does not fit all.

What do you mean by

“ personal responsibility is important and that the shackles of victimhood should be broken.”

Can you give some examples of this?

What do you mean by

“ personal responsibility is important and that the shackles of victimhood should be broken.”

I’m sure if you look at the numerous videos of Thomas Sowell dating back to the 1970’s he will be able to offer far more eloquent examples than I.

That is unless you are cross examining me?

I’m sure if you look at the numerous videos of Thomas Sowell dating back to the 1970’s he will be able to offer far more eloquent examples than I.

That is unless you are cross examining me?
    Well it's your opinion you're presenting so just wondering what makes you hold it.

What do you mean by

Mary Decker ?

Well it's your opinion you're presenting so just wondering what makes you hold it.
    I think that it is certainly more beneficial to determine ones future and excel rather than dwell on circumstances.

You think that , how about a lot of people who have protested are very passionate and believe in the cause ?

How about they dont need an excuse ? They are pissed off and it's got nothing to do with the pandemic

After all if the governments adviser can piss off around the country , if people can get drunk and have house parties and mix , why cant they ?
    Fundamentally nothing has changed recently, America is as racist as before, so is Britain so why the crowds now?

A small town near me had a protest and counter protest this week, a couple of hundred from each side and another hundred watching to see what happened. Nobody there had any particular reason to be there. This is unusual in terms of turnout.

As for your point amount Cummings, I don't really get where you are going. He is a complete twat, people having parties are twats, people going to a crowded beach are twats and imo people going to a protest during a lockdown which is saving lives need a bloody good reason and I haven't seen it yet.

I think that it is certainly more beneficial to determine ones future and excel rather than dwell on circumstances.
    What if those circumstances are limiting your opitions and chances at a good future though?

I think your point would be valid if we were all starting on a level playing field, unfortunately we aren't.

Would you agree that your future and you ability to excel in modern society is far greater than most african americans and that the ingrained racism in society is one of the reasons for that ?

I agree that positive discrimination and affirmative action is a part of social change . Some people , including conservative right wing libertarian african americans like sowell , and hes way more intelligent than I can even dream of , have a different view. But lots of african Americans and lots of white americans dont agree with sowell .

That's why I stopped voting for Welsh Labour.

What if those circumstances are limiting your opitions and chances at a good future though?

I think your point would be valid if we were all starting on a level playing field, unfortunately we aren't.
    Like being brought up on a South Wales council estate in the 70’s/80’s compared to other parts of the country?

Would you agree that your future and you ability to excel in modern society is far greater than most african americans and that the ingrained racism in society is one of the reasons for that ?

I agree that positive discrimination and affirmative action is a part of social change . Some people , including conservative right wing libertarian african americans like sowell , and hes way more intelligent than I can even dream of , have a different view. But lots of african Americans and lots of white americans dont agree with sowell .
    Not necessarily.

I think a good family and upbringing is more important in determining such factors as opposed to skin color.

Lots of African Americans do though, people cannot keep lumping them in as a collective with one voice, taste or set of values..they are individuals!!!

Heisenberg

The restraint shown by the guy in the video is something I don't think I'd have - but I guess I'm statistically less likely to get shot if I reacted. Absolutely infuriating behaviour by the sheriff.

Like being brought up on a South Wales council estate in the 70’s/80’s compared to other parts of the country?
    Exactly like that but imagine it being even lower down the chain! You can’t shake it off by getting a degree or working hard because your post code isn’t following you around your whole life like your skin colour is.

I came from a working class coal mining valley and now earn 6 figures but I wouldn’t say every person could have worked as hard and achieved the same. I was lucky to have the right advice and lucky to do as well as I did even with the hard work I put in. I wouldn’t go on tv now and say inequality and poverty in the valleys doesn’t exist because it does.

Black people have it even harder than that even in the U.K. 60% less likely to be offered a job than a white person with the exact same qualifications.

Then in the US it’s even worse again. More likely to be born into poverty, less likely to get a job, more likely to get arrested, more likely to receive a harsher sentence.

The family upbringing could be amazing and they still have to fight against all this. You’d think coming from a working class background you’d be more obvious to the struggles people face and accept that black people have it hard .