+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Justice for George Floyd petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Justice for George Floyd petition

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I've provided a link above, as JR said read it.

I'm not googling anything, if you make claims then you are the one who needs to back them up as I have done in this thread.

Well you can just look at the reasoning for the deaths, which is written out nicely for you and the ones you think were wrong you can point out to me. Note how the vast majority are terrorism or weapon related. This is not the US, we have our own issues with racism for sure, but it isn't the same and never will be the same as what's going on in America.

I know about the Cardiff 3, the fact it was decades ago (like I said) doesn't strengthen your point at all.
    You are a white bloke , as am I and the vast majority of us , despite cardiff being a very multi racial city

Cardiff has , as a city , a history of denying that it has a problem with racism

It most certainly does

Just because the framing of the cardiff 3 was several decades ago doesnt mean it wouldnt or couldn't happen again

This is an issue of race , the spark was the murder of this black guy in america but if you are saying we dont have a problem in this country you are doing it from a white perspective

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You are a white bloke , as am I and the vast majority of us , despite cardiff being a very multi racial city

Cardiff has , as a city , a history of denying that it has a problem with racism

It most certainly does

Just because the framing of the cardiff 3 was several decades ago doesnt mean it wouldnt or couldn't happen again

This is an issue of race , the spark was the murder of this black guy in america but if you are saying we dont have a problem in this country you are doing it from a white perspective
    wasn't it the cardiff 5 ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

It most certainly does

No I clearly said we have issues, but they are not the same as what we see in America. If you want to talk about the issues then we can, but instead you're trying to import American issues (like black people being killed by police and custody deaths) when they do not apply here. Your sole argument is the cardiff 3, the fact you have to go back 3 decades says it all really.

If you're not going to actually address what I'm saying and instead put words in my mouth I won't bother