+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1323

Thread: Justice for George Floyd petition

Re: Justice for George Floyd petition

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    But those lives are included in it because so many black people are involved in that because they're born into abject poverty with no chance. You do realise how tiny the percentage of black people involved in gang activity actually is too don't you?

Remember black lives matter means black lives matter too, so if you saying black life matter doesn't sit right with you because of that you're saying black lives shouldn't matter as much due to the actions of 0.001% of the black population. Plenty of white people kill people but we don't think our lives should matter less because of it.

Adz posted a good video on BLM a few pages back, it's definitely worth watching if you have any issues with it. It really helped clear up some points for me.
    Listen to somebody that actually knows what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Bet you've got a big black spot on your tongue.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Listen to somebody that actually knows what they are talking about.

I must admit, i got a lot more, and took a lot more from that interview with Shelby Steele, than the link Adz and Croesy put up.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I must admit, i got a lot more, and took a lot more from that interview with Shelby Steele, than the link Adz and Croesy put up.
    Maybe look up who Shelby Steel is and who he's being interviewed by. In that video he says racism is over with in that, how can you believe that.

You are "learning" from it because it leans into your political biases. Don't base your opinion on what one black voice is saying when there are thousands of others saying different things to him.

International

Maybe look up who Shelby Steel is and who he's being interviewed by. In that video he says racism is over with in that, how can you believe that.

You are "learning" from it because it leans into your political biases. Don't base your opinion on what one black voice is saying when there are thousands of others saying different things to him.
    But for the purposes of balance, as one opf our PM's said "Just because I'm in a minority of 1 doesn't mean I'm wrong.2 And as it turned out wasn't wrong! I think you should look at both sides but not believe 100% of either.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But for the purposes of balance, as one opf our PM's said "Just because I'm in a minority of 1 doesn't mean I'm wrong.2 And as it turned out wasn't wrong! I think you should look at both sides but not believe 100% of either.
    I've watched the interview, he's clearly a very well educated and intelligent guy but he's also out of touch or had his own agenda.

I don't really understand what point you're trying to make tbh.

International

I've watched the interview, he's clearly a very well educated and intelligent guy but he's also out of touch or had his own agenda.

I don't really understand what point you're trying to make tbh.
    Just that, as you say, he shouldn't just agree with the person because it suits his agenda. There are good and bad points on both sideso f the argument. nothing more.

Hes a right wing conservative who has for years opposed positive discrimination and opposed the election of America's first black president .

And that interview is with FOX news , just about the most right wing conservative news channel on american mainstream tv

Hes clearly a very intelligent man but most black African americans dont agree with him

If I’m honest between “learning a lot more” from a conservative author on Fox News and using the death of lee rigby to try and point score over the protests, it sums up either how biased or ignorant you are. It’s not worth discussing it with you because you won’t even bother to see where you’re wrong.

I think it’s fair to say that your bias confirmation is there also due to him having a different political ethos to you as well.
    The fact that he is being interviewed by Fox shouldn’t make a difference, plenty of videos of him speaking with multiple outlets.

Is your opinion of Thomas Sowell the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I think it’s fair to say that your bias confirmation is there also due to him having a different political ethos to you as well.
    The fact that he is being interviewed by Fox shouldn’t make a difference, plenty of videos of him speaking with multiple outlets.

It isn't him speaking on fox news that makes me disagree with him, it's what is coming out of his mouth. Do you honestly watch that and think he speaks sense?

I don't know who Thomas Sowell is.

I know who Shelby Steele is, and he is on Fox because the liberal left media don't want him to ruin their well crafted narrative that people of color cannot survive without the help of the Democratic Party, and it's a total fraud.

Heisenberg

What did you get from it, if you don't mind me asking?

[QUOTE=Wales-Bales;5085994]I know who Shelby Steele is, and he is on Fox because the liberal left media don't want him to ruin their well crafted narrative that people of color cannot survive without the help of the Democratic Party, and it's a total fraud

Hes on fox because hes a well known conservative who has opposed positive discrimination and Barack Obama

And fox is a station that is perfect for him as they think exactly the same way

Which is the way you think

Which is why you posted the interview

Mad how racism existing has become a “liberal left” thing.

Would you really want to align yourself with a political ideology that believes that racism isn’t real?

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

My opinion of Sowell is that hes a very intelligent man

But I totally disagree with him

Hes a right wing libertarian free market capitalist

And he doesnt believe in gun control

That's all I need to know

Mad how racism existing has become a “liberal left” thing.

Would you really want to align yourself with a political ideology that believes that racism isn’t real?
    So now you are taking it upon yourself to speak on behalf of other people? Let them speak for themselves bro, even if they don't all agree about the same things. It's not your debate, so stop telling people what's good for them, you sound just like the Democratic Party does.

So now you are taking it upon yourself to speak on behalf of other people? Let them speak for themselves bro, even if they don't agree on all the same things. It's not your debate, so stop telling people what's good for them, you sound just like the Democratic Party does.
    Racism should not even be a debate

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Tell that to the media.

Exactly how can people say racism doesn't exist? And how can solidarity be a bad thing.

Tell that to the media.
    Nah, I should tell that to Trump, Tommy Robinson etc. Racism should not exist but they are pushing an agenda to keep racism existing

Exactly how can people say racism doesn't exist? And how can solidarity be a bad thing.
    Because they are...

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I don't tell lies.
    People who tell the truth AND those who lie would make that same statement.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    People who tell the truth AND those who lie would make that same statement.
    Liar!!!

Nah, I should tell that to Trump, Tommy Robinson etc. Racism should not exist but they are pushing an agenda to keep racism existing
    Yeah, just look at all of these racists sitting in the same room..